Has Colm Parkinson made himself the most influential voice in GAA ?

Started by In hiding, September 15, 2018, 03:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Give and Go

Not a fan by any stretch. Like a lot of these podcast interviewers he comes with so much bias in his views and all of them fawning over current player guests is cringeworthy.... nauseating at times. Yet at other times has thrown up some gems...
Similar to Brolly, chases headlines and soundbites.
Used to listen but have tuned out as regular listener.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trileacman on September 15, 2018, 10:44:13 AM
I heard a thousand times how good Woolys podcast is from you lads on here, opened one a month ago and he was going on about hurling wasn't any better than football. He was shouting and roaring at some hurler about how it's not fair to compare the two etc etc. Such bullshit, Twas like two schoolboys arguing at the back of the bus. The man is a bit of craic but really he's an overgrown teenager.
Podcast would be better if he wasn't on it, needs to know when to shut up. Overgrown teenager is a good description of him

Rossfan

To answer the question posed NO!!
Is he even "in the GAA" any more?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trileacman

That's not even mentioning his spat with clerkin which has childish as fcuk.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

CJ2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nFDNfq6Y8

I remember watching this game years ago, had to look into the game in question 2003 Leinster semi Dublin vs Laois

If i recall correctly the half time commentators dismissed what Colm said.

That sideline interview really stood out in my memory from the usual, I thought to myself this was different!

Laois went on to win the game!

tonto1888

Dubhaltach

I enjoy the podcast in general. He talks some shite in relation to administrative issues though, as if the complex fixtures issue could be sorted overnight by Wolly's magic wand. When he sticks to on-field topics, it's probably the best GAA podcast out there

Beffs

The PL interview was excellent. But calling him the most influential voice in GAA  is ridiculously over the top hyberbole. No single journalist can claim that title. Even if they could, it would be someone from RTE, or one of the other mainstream media outlets & not the mere host of a podcast.

imtommygunn

Ewan mckenna is a man fighting to make himself relevant and failing miserably. A wannabe paul kimmage.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 15, 2018, 10:38:10 PM
Ewan mckenna

End of thread

MacKenna is a contrarian, he'll talk about ethics and morals while writing for the Irish Independent and contributing to Newtalk/TodayFM. As always easier to write about morals than live by them.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Why did Parkinson fall out with OTB, I saw him tweeting that they didn't credit him for his interview with the ladies Mayo manager, a bit narcissistic I thought.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2018, 08:42:38 AM
Why did Parkinson fall out with OTB, I saw him tweeting that they didn't credit him for his interview with the ladies Mayo manager, a bit narcissistic I thought.
Yeah, that'd be interesting to know.

His tweet did leave himself open to the accusation of trying to make the Mayo thing all about him.
But I think he's right. The OTB guys mentioning Leahy's comments but not mentioning who did the interview was (to my mind) clearly a deliberate omission and small minded.

galwayman

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2018, 08:42:38 AM

He reckons a couple of the more high-profile people involved with OTB are spoofers (Joe Molloy isn't one of them).
I recall he was sticking the knife into them around the time they lost the radio rights to cover games.
Basically said they were only interested in GAA coverage when it suited them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.