The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link

Quote from: Orior on February 20, 2018, 09:04:58 AM
There is a video circulating of 3 ulster players - Paddy, Tommy and another.

Could influence the jury :-/

is this the "dark things" line when they're dressed in ulster gear?

nrico2006

Video of what?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 20, 2018, 10:23:04 AM

Video of what?

I'd imagine of the bedroom variety
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

Video of what?

I'd imagine it's the one of Jackson, Bowe and some South African chap doing a soft focus PR media piece for Ulster rugby's social media platforms.

Bowe asks the others would they prefer to see the future or change the past. Bowe and the South African both state they'd prefer to see the future. Jackson then states he'd prefer to change the past - "I've done some dark things."

In the clip, the players are wearing the Ulster kit worn between 2015 and 2017 but it's not clear exactly when the clip was filmed.

gallsman

If that's the clip referred to, regardless of when it was filmed, it is completely and utterly irrelevant. Jackson clearly joking in it.

screenexile

Quote from: sid waddell on February 20, 2018, 12:44:07 PM

Video of what?

I'd imagine it's the one of Jackson, Bowe and some South African chap doing a soft focus PR media piece for Ulster rugby's social media platforms.

Bowe asks the others would they prefer to see the future or change the past. Bowe and the South African both state they'd prefer to see the future. Jackson then states he'd prefer to change the past - "I've done some dark things."

In the clip, the players are wearing the Ulster kit worn between 2015 and 2017 but it's not clear exactly when the clip was filmed.

Let's stop beating about the bush there's a rumour that a video exists of the encounter that night. I haven't seen it and don't know anybody who has but apparently there is one.

sid waddell

Quote from: screenexile on February 20, 2018, 12:52:15 PM

Video of what?

Let's stop beating about the bush there's a rumour that a video exists of the encounter that night. I haven't seen it and don't know anybody who has but apparently there is one.
"Apparently".

Any video of the "encounter" would have to have been filmed by either Jackson, Olding, McIlroy, the complainant or Dara Florence, given that they are only people who were present at any stage in the room.

I think we can rule out the complainant and Dara Florence.

McIlroy was taking photographs downstairs, but only arrived on the scene at the end.

So almost certainly only Jackson or Olding could have filmed it, if one exists.

While it would not be beyond the bounds of possibility for something to have been filmed by either Jackson or Olding, it would have almost certainly been filmed on a smartphone, and would almost certainly have become part of the evidence at this trial, either because it existed or had been deleted, which the police would have known about.

Syferus

Video of what?

There's also a rumour that Gerry Adams wasn't an IRA leader.

Let's wait and see if it's yet another BS rumour trying to discredit the victim before we comment.

Avondhu star

Video of what?

"Apparently"  Thats the type of evidence that might stand up in a West Belfast back kitchen kangaroo court but you won't get too far with it in the Laganside
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

Video of what?

well if the prosecution are going with that, then these lads are getting off!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 01:25:19 PM

Video of what?

It doesn't say much for your understanding of legal cases that you think the prosecution would be "going with that".

The clip has being doing the rounds for at least two weeks.

Milltown Row2

You brought it up (this clip) are the prosecution going to use it?

So if you were on the jury it would help form an opinion on Jackson, for what?

johnneycool

Quote from: sid waddell on February 20, 2018, 01:28:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 01:25:19 PM

Video of what?

It doesn't say much for your understanding of legal cases that you think the prosecution would be "going with that".

The clip has being doing the rounds for at least two weeks.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq32l6bERQs

Hardly worthy of comment as I presume it was scripted, no?

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2018, 01:32:49 PM
You brought it up (this clip) are the prosecution going to use it?

So if you were on the jury it would help form an opinion on Jackson, for what?

Orior brought it up.