All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018

Started by Ball Hopper, January 03, 2018, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoBuck

If Silke and Molloy head off now they might make the 2nd half of the Sigerson

gallsman

And that'll be that. Could see it coming a mile out.

The Moorefield FF line has been dreadful.

Walter Cronc

Moorefield as poor an outfit as I've seen at this level for some time!

Captain Obvious

GalwayBayBoy

Kieran Fitz is a great bit of stuff. Hard to credit he won an All-Ireland with Galway all of 17 years ago. Still going.

magpie seanie

Delighted Corofin won especially after that scandalous sending off. The Moorefield full back, Liam Healy, is a disgrace for doing that. Also, that referee needs to be stood down for making such a crazy decision in such a major game. Clearly Farragher should be cleared to play on the final.

Nice to see a corner back scoring the decisive score of the game.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

It would have been an absolute travesty if Moorefield had of won that, Corofin as expected operate a couple of levels above them and if it wasn't for the sending off would have been more comfortable. That being said Moorefield for once malfunctioned up front which was in start contrast to the Kildare county final when they played with 13 men and took pretty much every chance they had and in the semi where they blitzed a fancied more talented Athy team. Corofin were extremely physical didn't give them anything easy though which is the difference I suppose.
I can't see them defending the Kildare championship this year either.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Duine Eile

Quote from: MayoBuck on February 17, 2018, 03:19:19 PM
If Silke and Molloy head off now they might make the 2nd half of the Sigerson

Left at the final whistle, Molloy came on for NUIG on 39 mins, Liam Silke injured his hand so didn't play any part. One of the worst Corofin displays I've seen in a while but the fact they had to play the whole game with 14 men contributed to that, being a man down they couldn't play their usual fast paced kicking game. Kieran Fitz and Ronan Steede 2 of their best today.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 17, 2018, 04:10:38 PM
It would have been an absolute travesty if Moorefield had of won that, Corofin as expected operate a couple of levels above them and if it wasn't for the sending off would have been more comfortable. That being said Moorefield for once malfunctioned up front which was in start contrast to the Kildare county final when they played with 13 men and took pretty much every chance they had and in the semi where they blitzed a fancied more talented Athy team. Corofin were extremely physical didn't give them anything easy though which is the difference I suppose.

We say that every year about Moorefield but yet they keep coming back. The scandalous change to the championship structure will suit them as well. On the red card when it's clear and obvious in camera as this is Farragher should not only have his red card rescinded Healy should get a ban. Sick of theatrics in all sports at all levels.
#newbridgeornowhere

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 18, 2018, 09:01:10 AM

We say that every year about Moorefield but yet they keep coming back. The scandalous change to the championship structure will suit them as well. On the red card when it's clear and obvious in camera as this is Farragher should not only have his red card rescinded Healy should get a ban. Sick of theatrics in all sports at all levels.
What change was made to the championship?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Owenmoresider on February 18, 2018, 02:50:19 PM

What change was made to the championship?

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/gaelic/297432/top-table-uses-its-muscle-as-kildare-changes-gaa-championship-format.html

Money talks.  ::)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I don't think the extra games will suit them at all. The likes of Celbridge, JTB and Athy might benefit as it will allow the county players to gel a bit better while Sarsfields will probably be a lot hungrier this year and there is little between them and Moorefield. Naas should be there abouts too while Clane and Carbury have good young players coming through so the championship is more competitive than 90% of other counties. I'd rather have a competitive championship over having one dominant club.

Agreed on Liam Healy but it happens in almost every game that players go down holding there face without contact being made, a Corofin player did the same a few minutes after. Retrospective bans for doing it in televised games is the way to go.