The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: screenexile on October 23, 2017, 02:54:24 PM
So the Wife has come out on the side of Rep. Wilson . . . and Trump is arguing with her over Twitter.

The whole world is fucked lads!

The thing is that, leaving aside his alleged failure to follow up with the families in the first place, most people accept that this type of phone call is not easy and would give him a pass if he managed to screw it up through wrong choice of words or simple awkwardness (although I would expect that he could easily get advice of how to handle it).

But he is incapable of admitting even the most minor of mistakes and so proceeds to completely blow the incident out of all proportion and now he has a public row on his hands with the wife and mother of a soldier who just died for his country in dodgy circumstances.

Good luck with that, Trump (although I'm sure Fox New, Breitbart, Limbaugh and the rest are, as we speak, getting started on the character assassinations of the family).

whitey

Trump is  a fvckin disgrace....end of!

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on October 23, 2017, 05:18:25 AM
Joy Reid?
You mean this quote?
QuoteKelly grew up in segregated Boston, in an Irish Catholic neighborhood where women were bullied, not honored, and blacks scorned & rejected.

I think you'll find she's quoting Lawrene o Donnell? No?

The problem is that Joy Reid has absolutely no knowledge of what she is tweeting. It's disgusting stereotyping of a nation.
She added the women being bullied piece herself.

So the irish bully and beat their women according to Ms Reid.
Strangely there doesn't seem to be the clamour from the MSM for her head. I wonder why.
You could be sure if something like this was said about another group it would be headline news.

The liberal conditioning continues.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: Seamus on October 21, 2017, 07:47:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2017, 12:10:11 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on October 21, 2017, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: Seamus on October 20, 2017, 08:29:50 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on October 20, 2017, 05:16:07 PM
No talk about this on the thread http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

This is old news for those that do not suck on the MSM teat.
I can barely see you up there master. Is that really you? I don't pretend to be as learned as you but is it really old news that the Senate Judiciary Committee intends to probe this?

At this point there is no evidence Clinton was involved in decision making (which took place across multiple agencies), which is why it would be a huge story.

But it should be investigated (fairly!), given the allegations about bribery and coercion, no matter how high up the chain the wrongdoing, if any, occurred. If it results in criminal charges, so be it. No one should be above the law.

But, to use the Trump administration's term, when it comes to the Clintons specifically, it will probably turn out to be yet another "nothing burger", as all these GOP Clinton hunts invariably do. The more conspiracy minded will take that as yet more evidence of the Clintons' evil ways, skills and reach. Trump will use it to his advantage no matter what (" never mind my f**k ups, look at crooked Hillary!") while he himself ignores emoluments issues.

So who should investigate this? Robert Mueller? Will they roll back in James Comey the great protector of Her Highness? They both are up to their eyeballs in this. No point in having the Republicans doing the investigation either, all but a few are compromised in other matters and will not upset "The Club".

A proper Independent Council is needed that will not abuse it's power, otherwise this will get litigated and the criminals will get off once again. All we'll get from the blind followers is that "it was litigated, no evidence was found, lets move on".

Washington DC is the greatest enemy of the American people.

1. How is Comey the "great protector of her highness" when he arguably cost her election by putting the final nail in her coffin with the letter to congress about Weiner's laptop (which ultimately revealed nothing new) less than two weeks out?

2. I fully agree that such investigations should be led by an independent counsel, but how many on the GOP side are complaining about Mueller, one of their own! What would they say about someone with no connection to either party? Fact is that no matter WHO it is, once they start asking tough questions and issuing subpoenas, the side under investigation is going to start whining about it and trying to discredit the inquiry.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on October 23, 2017, 03:02:21 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 23, 2017, 02:54:24 PM
So the Wife has come out on the side of Rep. Wilson . . . and Trump is arguing with her over Twitter.

The whole world is fucked lads!

The thing is that, leaving aside his alleged failure to follow up with the families in the first place, most people accept that this type of phone call is not easy and would give him a pass if he managed to screw it up through wrong choice of words or simple awkwardness (although I would expect that he could easily get advice of how to handle it).

But he is incapable of admitting even the most minor of mistakes and so proceeds to completely blow the incident out of all proportion and now he has a public row on his hands with the wife and mother of a soldier who just died for his country in dodgy circumstances.

Good luck with that, Trump (although I'm sure Fox New, Breitbart, Limbaugh and the rest are, as we speak, getting started on the character assassinations of the family).

I don't think so. He doesn't get a free pass because the job he's supposed to do is too difficult for him. He's the President of the United States. He's supposed to have enough personal qualities to do this sort of thing competently. Christ, even GW Bush would have managed to do this part of the job without making a complete pig's ear of it.

J70

Jeff Flake now pulling out of his reelection bid amidst the GOP's continued descent into insanity.

In case you had any doubt that President Trump is transforming the GOP, chasing out moderates and independent-minded conservatives, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) should have cleared that up with a blockbuster announcement that, like Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), he will not be running for reelection.

In a jab at those colleagues who have reinvented themselves for the sake of the Trump base, he had some pointed words: "Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take. It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone." In other words, it would force him to be a hypocrite like Vice President Pence, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan and Virginia GOP gubernatorial nominee Ed Gillespie, all of whom refuse to take on Trump in any meaningful way and seek to cater to his nationalistic, nativist base.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/10/24/flake-leaves-the-trumpified-gop/?utm_term=.56aa1591a892#comments

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on October 23, 2017, 06:02:40 PM
Joy Reid?
You mean this quote?
QuoteKelly grew up in segregated Boston, in an Irish Catholic neighborhood where women were bullied, not honored, and blacks scorned & rejected.

The problem is that Joy Reid has absolutely no knowledge of what she is tweeting. It's disgusting stereotyping of a nation.

Strangely there doesn't seem to be the clamour from the MSM for her head. I wonder why.
You could be sure if something like this was said about another group it would be headline news.

They are sheep, they think Obamacare is wonderful and they are doing everything they can to f**k up in 2020 bless them, as bad as Trump is, and he is as bad as Obama in some ways, I would prefer him to win over any democrat that will run at this stage because they are all awful bastards, incompetents scurrying to the left, following that putrid toxic bitch Pelosi and her ilk! f**k that.

The GOP are moral cowards, the NRA needs taken down but will never be in our lifetimes and Obamacare is a never ending nightmare that cant get fixed by the incompetents in power.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Seamus on October 21, 2017, 06:36:28 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on October 21, 2017, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: Seamus on October 20, 2017, 08:29:50 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on October 20, 2017, 05:16:07 PM
No talk about this on the thread http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

This is old news for those that do not suck on the MSM teat.
I can barely see you up there master. Is that really you? I don't pretend to be as learned as you but is it really old news that the Senate Judiciary Committee intends to probe this?

Mr. Statistician and forum cop himself. As Mark Twain would say "There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies, and statistics."
Says a lot about your credibility. As for the policing attempt, that has given us a deeper look into your character.  Sure you felt you had the backing of the herd, the great unwashed. That too did not go to you liking, the Fox is still around.
Missed this and maybe it wasn't for me, but as it was a reply to my post, just for the record, I have no idea what you're talking about.

J70

Quote from: stew on October 25, 2017, 09:26:26 AM
Joy Reid?
You mean this quote?

They are sheep, they think Obamacare is wonderful and they are doing everything they can to f**k up in 2020 bless them, as bad as Trump is, and he is as bad as Obama in some ways, I would prefer him to win over any democrat that will run at this stage because they are all awful b**tards, incompetents scurrying to the left, following that putrid toxic bitch Pelosi and her ilk! f**k that.

The GOP are moral cowards, the NRA needs taken down but will never be in our lifetimes and Obamacare is a never ending nightmare that cant get fixed by the incompetents in power.

"Sheep" says the man who regurgitates conspiracy theories about Hillary and all kinds of vacuous GOP talking points.

And everyone acknowledges that Obamacare has problems which need to be addressed. Key thing is that, on the whole, it is vastly more popular than what the Republicans have been trying to foist on the population as a replacement. At the very least, three failed attempts in the senate in the past six months should clue you in on that.

And seriously, you'd prefer Trump to ANY Democrat? He is as bad as Obama in "some ways"?

What ways stew?

As for scurrying to the left, have you nothing to say on the purge going on in the GOP where fairly hardline conservatives like Flake and Corker are now too moderate for election and, according to Flake, even membership, in the era of Trump, Bannon and the alt right?

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2017, 11:26:20 AM
Joy Reid?
You mean this quote?

They are sheep, they think Obamacare is wonderful and they are doing everything they can to f**k up in 2020 bless them, as bad as Trump is, and he is as bad as Obama in some ways, I would prefer him to win over any democrat that will run at this stage because they are all awful b**tards, incompetents scurrying to the left, following that putrid toxic bitch Pelosi and her ilk! f**k that.

"Sheep" says the man who regurgitates conspiracy theories about Hillary and all kinds of vacuous GOP talking points.

And everyone acknowledges that Obamacare has problems which need to be addressed. Key thing is that, on the whole, it is vastly more popular than what the Republicans have been trying to foist on the population as a replacement. At the very least, three failed attempts in the senate in the past six months should clue you in on that.

And seriously, you'd prefer Trump to ANY Democrat? He is as bad as Obama in "some ways"?

What ways stew?

As for scurrying to the left, have you nothing to say on the purge going on in the GOP where fairly hardline conservatives like Flake and Corker are now too moderate for election and, according to Flake, even membership, in the era of Trump, Bannon and the alt right?

Hillary Clinton is rotten to her core, that you cannot and will not accept means there is no point conversing with you, you are too far gone.

I prefer the right to the left in the states, its not even close to be honest,  that is why I tend to highlight the lefts issues rather than the GOP's, what I meant to say was I would prefer Trump to any current leadership candidate the liberals have because they are all far left wing nuts who would destroy the country financially and morally.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

But you said you'd vote for Bernie??

J70

Quote from: stew on October 25, 2017, 12:11:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 25, 2017, 11:26:20 AM
Joy Reid?
You mean this quote?

What ways stew?

Hillary Clinton is rotten to her core, that you cannot and will not accept means there is no point conversing with you, you are too far gone.

I prefer the right to the left in the states, its not even close to be honest,  that is why I tend to highlight the lefts issues rather than the GOP's, what I meant to say was I would prefer Trump to any current leadership candidate the liberals have because they are all far left wing nuts who would destroy the country financially and morally.

Take your straw man arguments elsewhere. Hillary may well be rotten to the core, but that wasn't the point. The point is you throwing about sheep labels when you're the very one who posts baseless nonsense straight out of right wing la la land about her being some kind of evil murderer.

As for moral and financial destruction, well how?

Moral - Gay rights? Environment? Social safety net? Diversity? Yeah, the liberals are the evil ones!

Financial- you like the right, the GOP who screamed and demagogued all through the Obama years about deficits and the second they get back control they (like Mick Mulvaney) declare deficits don't matter and are in fact necessary to foster economic growth (and large tax cuts for the rich and unnecessary military build up)?

Gabriel_Hurl

And last night - Senate Republicans just voted to nullify a rule that let consumers form class action lawsuits to sue banks or credit card companies.

Draining the swamp indeed - https://www.thedailybeast.com/dollar300m-puerto-rico-recovery-contract-awarded-to-tiny-utility-company-linked-to-major-trump-donor

seafoid

@J70
The GOP spent 8 years whining about deficits and now all they want is tax cuts for billionaires.
GOP working class voters are shafted again and again. 

Via the Guardian

"Arizona senator Jeff Flake has launched an extraordinary attack against Donald Trumpand the "complicity" of the Republican party as he announced his decision to leave the Senate.

Flake, a key Republican critic of Trump, said he was retiring at the end of his term in 2018 because there was no room for him in the party under the current president's stewardship. He then delivered an emotional appeal from the Senate floor against the state of affairs under Trump, bemoaning that his Republican colleagues had "given in or given up on core principles in favor of a more viscerally satisfying anger and resentment".

Jeff Flake: conservatives face a crisis. We must now tell and expect the truth

"It is time for our complicity and our accommodation for the unacceptable to end," Flake said. "

We must stop pretending that the degradation of our politics and the conduct of some in our executive branch are normal."

"Reckless, outrageous, and undignified behavior has become excused and countenanced as 'telling it like it is' when it is actually just reckless, outrageous, and undignified."

He said such behavior was "dangerous to our democracy" and projected not strength but a "corruption of the spirit". He then asked his colleagues: "When the next generation asks us: 'Why didn't you do something? Why didn't you speak up? What are we going to say?'"

Hours before Flake's announcement, Trump's war of words with Corker escalated in unprecedented fashion ahead of a meeting between the president and SenateRepublicans on Capitol Hill. Prior to the closed-door luncheon, Corker branded Trump as an "utterly untruthful president" on NBC's Today Show.

The alliances and agreements that ensure the stability of the entire world are routinely threatened by the level of thought that goes into 140 characters," Flake said. "Would we Republicans meekly accept such behavior on display from dominant Democrats? Of course we wouldn't. And we would be wrong if we did.""

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 25, 2017, 02:48:36 PM
And last night - Senate Republicans just voted to nullify a rule that let consumers form class action lawsuits to sue banks or credit card companies.

Draining the swamp indeed - https://www.thedailybeast.com/dollar300m-puerto-rico-recovery-contract-awarded-to-tiny-utility-company-linked-to-major-trump-donor

Yeah, good luck with your arbitration hearing. That'll solve your problem.

And today the House GOP are threatening to do away with tax-deferred retirement saving (401Ks).

Have to pay for those tax cuts for the rich somehow.