Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2018, 10:24:21 PM
Going in the right direction is great.. getting over the line is something else.. Ffs Leicester won the league and Liverpool being lauded as Barcelona ffs  ;D

I totally agree they need to win something. I'm not a Liverpool supporter btw although I don't mind them as they're a bit more humble than Utd fans having lived through the barren years... you lads will get there soon  ;)

yellowcard

Solskjaer innuntil the end of the season. Great player but I'm not sure what to make of this, if it means getting Pocchetino then I'd be happy with that. It sort of rules out the notion of Zidane, Conte or Blanc since they were all available now.

It looks like Pocchetino will be the long term target.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on December 18, 2018, 11:05:12 PM
Going in the right direction is great.. getting over the line is something else.. Ffs Leicester won the league and Liverpool being lauded as Barcelona ffs  ;D

I totally agree they need to win something. I'm not a Liverpool supporter btw although I don't mind them as they're a bit more humble than Utd fans having lived through the barren years... you lads will get there soon  ;)

I've been in old Trafford during the 80's all barren
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

Quote from: yellowcard on December 18, 2018, 11:12:22 PM
Solskjaer innuntil the end of the season. Great player but I'm not sure what to make of this, if it means getting Pocchetino then I'd be happy with that. It sort of rules out the notion of Zidane, Conte or Blanc since they were all available now.

It looks like Pocchetino will be the long term target.

I'm going to enjoy watching how this pans out for the remainder of the season as there is pretty much nothing to lose. Solskjaer said previously he would build the team around Pogba. Going to be an interesting Christmas period.

ned

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2018, 11:13:55 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 18, 2018, 11:05:12 PM

I've been in old Trafford during the 80's all barren

Aye, football didn't start in 1992.Liverpool were arrogant in the 70's and 80's. Loved seeing united beat them. Vice versa in the 90's and 00's. Bottom line is United have won more even in last three years than Liverpool. Supporters will soon get fed up with klopp if he doesn't win something in next couple of seasons.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/18/jose-mourinho-latest-to-fall-ed-woodward-reign-manchester-united

Ultimately, though, Mourinho still has barely the shadow of a leg to stand on. How can he when his team are 19 points behind Liverpool at the top of the table, with a worse defensive record than Crystal Palace and Huddersfield, the same goal difference as Leicester and no more wins than Watford, Bournemouth or West Ham? United, in their present guise, have lost their aura, the great allure of Old Trafford, and replaced it with something entirely different: a churn of joyless games, with no clear plan and a group of demotivated players, some of whom fail to see what it should mean to pull on that famous shirt.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2018, 09:03:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2018, 03:27:40 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 18, 2018, 03:14:45 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 18, 2018, 03:05:04 PM
United will make Pochettino the no 1 target this summer, well thats what everyone seems to think. He's obviously very loyal to Spurs but he's left 2 jobs previously for bigger jobs and with financial difficulties Spurs have he might be tempted. There's no way he can win the league with the lack of financial backing he receives at Spurs.

If United can get Pochettino surely it would make sense to appoint a manager in the interim who would play a similar brand of football so that when the new manager comes in its not completely alien to them.

Pochettino will not go to United. He has more sense.

I know this is difficult for supporters to understand, but Manchester United 2019 is no guarantee of silverware, not even a guarantee of Chanpiosn League football.

Waving the cheque book around isn't going to work in the way it once did, because City and Chelsea will do likewise. He would have to spend half a billion pound experimenting with players just to get the solid foundations he put in place at Spurs 3 years ago.

He won't be paid better then where he is.

The weather is worse.

Travelling to Spain for business and Argentina for pleasure is less convenient.

His son is on Spurs books.

He has a chairman who trusts him at Spurs.

—-

If you really think "brand Man United" is going to topple all that, then you're deluded.

The main reason why no "worldies" joined Man Utd this summer is because none were interested. Get used to it folks.
Man Utd are in a similar category to AC Milan- faded glory, managerial turmoil, no league win recently, got passed out by more organised clubs.

Would Liverpool fit into that category? Faded glory no league in nearly 30 years, no silverware?
I would be thinking about ould lads in Italy watching soccer on Wednesday nights in winter.
Liverpool would also be a blast from the past unless they won the Premiership twice and knocked Man Utd off their f**king perch ( copyright A. Ferguson)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

I think they should take Paul Inces advice and give it to Steve Bruce or Sparky
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

Looking likes it's Ole Gunnar till summer.

GJL

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 19, 2018, 08:33:40 AM

With Mike Phelan joining him. Things should get better with the football a lot more attacking.

trailer

Quote from: GJL on December 19, 2018, 09:03:52 AM

With Mike Phelan joining him. Things should get better with the football a lot more attacking.

At least the press conferences won't be presided over by a self indulgent spoilt child. The football can only get better. Anyone who can the players to give their best effort would be enough for me.

laoislad

Lets hope he is as big a success at Man United as he was at Cardiff City.   
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Helix.

Comfirmed by Sky Sports Ole and Mike Phelan along with carrick & McKenna. You'd be hopeful the football will be at least more positive. Hopefully Pogba will stop his pr**k acting and play ball like he's able to! Whoever comes in full time needs to sweep out that dressing room. Too many passengers that are stealing a wage.

An Watcher

Last chance for Pogba over Christmas.  Forget about his footballing ability, if his attitude doesn't change he should be out the door in January.