No more evictions!

Started by Rossfan, December 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

We can claim back vat on all capital expenditures including fencing but excluding repairs.
Farmers would never register for VAT unless there's off farm activity which would require it

If you want to stick ur head in the sand fair enough but these things don't add up to this being just a farmer.

You commented earlier that the five folios might only be an acre or two each. But at the same time he has sales of at least a million from just farming? It doesn't add up. If he was a farmer of that size we'd have heard of him in Mayo, people know about huge farmers like that. It just doesn't add up
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Keyser soze

The purpose of registering for VAT, [in the North anyway], is so that a business can claim VAT back that they paid on goods they have purchased, thus decreasing their cost base.

That has nothing to do with paying on VAT to the revenue that they have collected on goods they have sold which is what appears to have happened in this case.

brokencrossbar1

Outside of the money owed to the revenue in excess of €400K and the undetermined money owed to KBC there were further charges against the land for at least €65k to Hanleys and ACC Asset financing and 2 other charges to the Bank of Ireland Financing and ICS  Building society, amounts unknown.  I don't know the why's or what fors of how this man got into financial strife but I'm sorry it would want to be one hell of a farm business to be accumulating this amount of debt.  The VAT transactions alone over a period of years accumulate to minimum €1m, minimum.  Hanlys were a quarry company and he owed them €18k. maybe he was drawing stones for shoring fields or something so that is reasonable.  ACC asset financing would suggest he has bought plant with that money and that could be farm machinery.  The VAT though does not make sense for a farmer, and if it is for just farming he must have been turning over a lot within the business and therefore you'd have to ask questions about where the money went.

trailer

He's a bollocks who didn't pay his bills. He now squatting on someone else's land. Not only should he be removed from the land but he should be locked up for fraud. A gangster no better or worse than those in Dublin. If this is what being Irish is I want no part of it.

Mayo4Sam

Just to do the maths. If we assume you get away for two years without paying VAT, very unlikely but we'll say two years.
So that's sales of €800k for the unpaid VAT, Plus whatever sales if any that VAT was paid on plus of course the VAT claimed back on fertiliser, contractors, feed etc

Like I said, it doesn't add up that this lad was just a farmer

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 18, 2018, 12:17:32 PM
Just to do the maths. If we assume you get away for two years without paying VAT, very unlikely but we'll say two years.
So that's sales of €800k for the unpaid VAT, Plus whatever sales if any that VAT was paid on plus of course the VAT claimed back on fertiliser, contractors, feed etc

Like I said, it doesn't add up that this lad was just a farmer

Don't let logic get in the way of a good old story!

Orchard park

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 18, 2018, 12:00:37 PM
We can claim back vat on all capital expenditures including fencing but excluding repairs.
Farmers would never register for VAT unless there's off farm activity which would require it

If you want to stick ur head in the sand fair enough but these things don't add up to this being just a farmer.

You commented earlier that the five folios might only be an acre or two each. But at the same time he has sales of at least a million from just farming? It doesn't add up. If he was a farmer of that size we'd have heard of him in Mayo, people know about huge farmers like that. It just doesn't add up

so you know every farmer in Roscommon with in excess of say 200 acres..... "we'd have heard of him"......  my hole

Mayo4Sam

Well ur talking about in excess of 500 acres, buying or selling in those quantities, it's very likely he'd have been heard of

Orchard park

you are talking in excess of 500 acres..............based on what. Mcganns farm is closer to the 200+ acres I alluded to and where are the stories of buying and selling .... all the media reports are re mortgages on the land, nothing about buying land

Only one landowner in the strokestown parish has that amount of land you refer to............ the Hanly family who would be known to have a fair few debts themselves with financial institutions, rumours of up to maybe 250 million area.............

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on December 18, 2018, 12:17:23 PM
He's a bollocks who didn't pay his bills. He now squatting on someone else's land. Not only should he be removed from the land but he should be locked up for fraud. A gangster no better or worse than those in Dublin. If this is what being Irish is I want no part of it.
Just move to England, Trailer.
Why a mess in Roscommon would have anything to do with your passport is beyond me .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Orchard park on December 18, 2018, 12:41:24 PM
you are talking in excess of 500 acres..............based on what. Mcganns farm is closer to the 200+ acres I alluded to and where are the stories of buying and selling .... all the media reports are re mortgages on the land, nothing about buying land

Only one landowner in the strokestown parish has that amount of land you refer to............ the Hanly family who would be known to have a fair few debts themselves with financial institutions, rumours of up to maybe 250 million area.............

You don't rack up a VAT bill by mortgaging lands. I did sums a few posts back that would need sales of €800k.

There is no farming explanation for a VAT bill this size as a farmer

Dire Ear

Quote from: seafoid on December 18, 2018, 12:43:00 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 18, 2018, 12:17:23 PM
Just move to England, Trailer.
Why a mess in Roscommon would have anything to do with your passport is beyond me .
Yip

Orchard park

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 18, 2018, 01:05:31 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on December 18, 2018, 12:41:24 PM

You don't rack up a VAT bill by mortgaging lands. I did sums a few posts back that would need sales of €800k.

There is no farming explanation for a VAT bill this size as a farmer

So you  still claiming he owns 500 acres plus are you

Mayo4Sam

I'm saying to rack up that kinda VAT bill from farming that's the kind of acreage he would need.
Even with that I don't think it would be possible, you'd be buying so much you'd offset that bill through purchases
As I've said I don't think this is the case. As I've said I don't think you could get a VAT bill like that from farming solely. As I've said i think it's a construction VAT bill

You've consistently said he's just a farmer, if that's the case can you give some theory on that VAT bill?
Some form of reasonable speculation based on the facts that we have?

Orchard park

I don't do speculation. And I havevrepeatefky said I don't know how the vat Bill came about.

He may have been agri contracting perhaps.

The vat Bill didn't get him evicted though so us s total side show