Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2018, 03:28:18 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 01, 2018, 01:27:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2018, 01:25:21 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 01, 2018, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 01, 2018, 12:32:10 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 01, 2018, 12:10:23 PM
It is noticeable no big names have got involved from Dublin, Kerry, Mayo... very much a Nordie initiative  though looks like only a few got involved

Not surprising given that the GAA in a the North is inextricably connected to Catholicism and Nationalism

GAA is a nationalist organisation... can be a nationalist without being a Catholic.

And what percentage of Nationalists in the North are Protestants........0.00001?

Learn how to read while youre at it

Ooh get you Mr Angry : )

Your initial response just epitomizes the stupid, Johnny One Up, snarky, know it all attitude, that exists on this board.

(BTW .....I never said that Nationalism was the exclusive preserve of Catholics, I said it was inextricably connected .....big difference)

And you could have said that without throwing the toys out of the pram

BennyHarp

Quote from: longballin on April 30, 2018, 09:11:30 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 30, 2018, 09:04:26 PM
where did you see this longballin? and why would he even be wearing a tyrone jersey if its nothing to do with football?

Is on a Facebook vote NO site. Yer man Forker and a few others on it too.

Person 1: Lads, does anyone know where I can actively seek out something to outrage me?
Person 2: Yeah, over there.
Person 1: Cheers
Person 2: No bother
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Person 3: Well lads? Soft day.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Therealdonald

I'd imagine most men are off the same opinion as myself...it's a woman's body, let the women vote and decide what to do. What i don't understand is why players from the occupied six are putting in their tuppence when we can't vote in it.

Rossfan

Free Country entitled to air their views.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 01, 2018, 07:52:36 PM
Quote from: longballin on April 30, 2018, 09:11:30 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on April 30, 2018, 09:04:26 PM
where did you see this longballin? and why would he even be wearing a tyrone jersey if its nothing to do with football?

Is on a Facebook vote NO site. Yer man Forker and a few others on it too.

Person 1: Lads, does anyone know where I can actively seek out something to outrage me?
Person 2: Yeah, over there.
Person 1: Cheers
Person 2: No bother

Person Benny: Stop challenging what these GAA players are doing, it's makes me uncomfortable  :o

Hound

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 01, 2018, 08:52:48 PM
I'd imagine most men are off the same opinion as myself...it's a woman's body, let the women vote and decide what to do. What i don't understand is why players from the occupied six are putting in their tuppence when we can't vote in it.
I know this doesn't relate to you as you can't vote anyway, but that's a few times now people have said 'let the women vote and decide what to do', meaning they're not going to vote.

That would only make sense if no men voted, but the Mickey Harte types and the Eamon McGee types are all going to vote, so that makes that strategy a load of balls.

Now of course, rightly or wrongly, we have the right not to vote and people can choose not to exercise it. But if your view is that women should decide this, then you should ask the women closest to you how they are going to vote, and then vote accordingly.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on May 02, 2018, 07:30:37 AM
I know this doesn't relate to you as you can't vote anyway, but that's a few times now people have said 'let the women vote and decide what to do', meaning they're not going to vote.

That would only make sense if no men voted, but the Mickey Harte types and the Eamon McGee types are all going to vote, so that makes that strategy a load of balls.

Now of course, rightly or wrongly, we have the right not to vote and people can choose not to exercise it. But if your view is that women should decide this, then you should ask the women closest to you how they are going to vote, and then vote accordingly.

I think it's ridiculous to say that men shouldn't vote. It takes two to make a pregnancy, and in the majority of cases there are will be two people involved in raising the child. If it goes to term, the baby will be some man's son or daughter. If the decision is made to terminate the pregnancy, in a lot of cases a man's input will also be a factor.

Rossfan

Women don't just "get" pregnant........

thebigfella

Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2018, 09:04:05 AM
Women don't just "get" pregnant........

I can think of one that did

Rossfan

The Holy Spirit was involved though.

Tubberman

But it's not just the woman's body. It's also some man's unborn child - some men mightn't know about it, some mightn't care, some might want it aborted, and some might be very happy at the prospect of having the child.
It's not just a woman's body issue as if it was a boob job ffs.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

BennyCake

Quote from: Tubberman on May 02, 2018, 09:52:05 AM

But it's not just the woman's body. It's also some man's unborn child - some men mightn't know about it, some mightn't care, some might want it aborted, and some might be very happy at the prospect of having the child.
It's not just a woman's body issue as if it was a boob job ffs.

Yup, totally agree.

sid waddell

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2018, 08:45:49 AM

I think it's ridiculous to say that men shouldn't vote. It takes two to make a pregnancy, and in the majority of cases there are will be two people involved in raising the child. If it goes to term, the baby will be some man's son or daughter. If the decision is made to terminate the pregnancy, in a lot of cases a man's input will also be a factor.
If a woman and a man come to a conultative, agreed decision about what to do with a pregnancy, great.

But if they don't, why should a man be able to tell a woman that she must carry his foetus to full term?

He isn't carrying it, she is.

So ultimately, it should always be the woman's decision.

AZOffaly

Quote from: sid waddell on May 02, 2018, 10:11:32 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2018, 08:45:49 AM

If a woman and a man come to a conultative, agreed decision about what to do with a pregnancy, great.

But if they don't, why should a man be able to tell a woman that she must carry his foetus to full term?

He isn't carrying it, she is.

So ultimately, it should always be the woman's decision.

My point is the man is involved.  So to say they shouldn't be involved in a major societal referendum like this is crazy in my view, regardless of what way an individual man might vote.