The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 18, 2018, 01:17:22 PM
6 people commented on this news story

5 read it the way I do (me and 4 lefties) one going so far as to accuse the Border Patrol of being sadists

You read it differently. You're entitled to your opinion

Five read what, exactly, the way you do?

We are talking about the supposedly "outrageous" headline you objected to.

NOT the overall story which has been reported on by many different entities.

The headline you made such a stink about is NOT slanted or controversial in any way.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2018, 01:55:01 PM

5 read it the way I do (me and 4 lefties) one going so far as to accuse the Border Patrol of being sadists

The headline you made such a stink about is NOT slanted or controversial in any way.

I don't think Whitey is credible because he presents the GOP as normal when in fact it is venal.
Regarding the child who died it is more relevant to see how Trumpers mention it on twitter for example.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2018, 01:55:01 PM

4 others read the article (and I assume the Title) the same way I do.

The Title set the tone for the article, implying BP were to blame for the girls death as is evidence by the first 2 paragraphs of the article

"A 7-year-old girl from Guatemala died of dehydration and shock after she was taken into Border Patrol custody last week for crossing from Mexico into the United States illegally with her father and a large group of migrants along a remote span of New Mexico desert, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday.

The child's death is likely to intensify scrutiny of detention conditions at Border Patrol stations and CBP facilities that are increasingly overwhelmed by large numbers of families seeking asylum in the United States."

The article is a hit job on Border Patrol and the title was chosen to create a false narrative

I could come up with 20 other titles that would be factually correct that would not imply BP were to blame

J70

You complained about the HEADLINE. It was "outrageous"!!

There is no tone in the headline. Only facts.

As to the article itself, what exactly is wrong with asking about conditions in the CBP facilities? EVERYTHING should be looked at to establish the cause of her death, especially given concerns in recent years. As I posted the other day, CBP facilities and their ability to cope with large numbers of migrants have been questioned for years, under Obama (especially 2014, despite your bogus claims to the contrary) and before.

I can only see the first sentence of the article as it is behind the paywall, but it says that she crossed illegally as part of a large group along a "remote span of New Mexico desert..."

I think some liberal of similar oversensitive and paranoid nature as yourself might be triggered by the setting of her crossing as "illegal" and in a "remote" desert area as part of a large group.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2018, 02:41:25 PM

As to the article itself, what exactly is wrong with asking about conditions in the CBP facilities? EVERYTHING should be looked at to establish the cause of her death, especially given concerns in recent years. As I posted the other day, CBP facilities and their ability to cope with large numbers of migrants have been questioned for years, under Obama (especially 2014, despite your bogus claims to the contrary) and before.

I can only see the first sentence of the article as it is behind the paywall, but it says that she crossed illegally as part of a large group along a "remote span of New Mexico desert..."

I think some liberal of similar oversensitive and paranoid nature as yourself might be triggered by the setting of her crossing as "illegal" and in a "remote" desert area as part of a large group.

LOL

Believe what you want. My opinion is that the article was a hit piece and the title was designed for maximum outrage. You don't

4 left leaning supporters agree with my interpretation of the article.  I have no way of knowing if they agree with my interpretation of the Title (which is part of the article). Based on their insanely over the top reactions describing the BP as SADISTS  and NAZIS they were definitely triggered by something

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 18, 2018, 02:49:12 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2018, 02:41:25 PM

LOL

Believe what you want. My opinion is that the article was a hit piece and the title was designed for maximum outrage. You don't

4 left leaning supporters agree with my interpretation of the article.  I have no way of knowing if they agree with my interpretation of the Title (which is part of the article). Based on their insanely over the top reactions describing the BP as SADISTS  and NAZIS they were definitely triggered by something

I think we all know that no one except yourself was triggered by the non-controversial headline.

I'll leave others to speak for themselves on how their opinions on this issue were formed.

Dolph1

The left should just face facts. Blame should be squarely laid at her family for making her go on that journey. Stop trying to project on others.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Eamonnca1

You found comments on the internet that agree with you? Well. That settles it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Are the boys chipping in?

QuoteA Fox & Friends segment on Monday suggested that each Trump voter should give $80 to fund the president's border wall even though he has promised Mexico would pay for it.

Just hours before President Donald Trump is set to shut down the government if he does not get border wall funding, New York Post columnist Michael Goodwin told Fox News that it was time for the president's supporters to chip in.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 18, 2018, 06:59:24 PM
Are the boys chipping in?

QuoteA Fox & Friends segment on Monday suggested that each Trump voter should give $80 to fund the president's border wall even though he has promised Mexico would pay for it.

Just hours before President Donald Trump is set to shut down the government if he does not get border wall funding, New York Post columnist Michael Goodwin told Fox News that it was time for the president's supporters to chip in.

They should cancel closing the Trump Foundation and route it through there. I'm sure ALL of it would make its way safely to the "Build the Wall" fund. ;)

Eamonnca1

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 19, 2018, 09:55:25 PM
I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

Apparently the relabeled NAFTA agreement is going to cover the costs.

omochain

While the absurdity of Trump's passion for building something that a longer ladder will overcome is worthy of push back, the real story here is about how hard Trump is working to help Putin destabilize NATO. Ordering US forces today to pull out of Syria will force more people to flee Assad's Russia backed assault. This will push more refugees to Europe. It will exacerbate right wing xenophobia and fuel their fervor for tearing Europe apart.
Putin is working this brilliantly with the help of Trump, Farage et all; he has taken the US out of the game and destabilized Europe.
Unless someone organizes a unified push back on Putin we are in for a very unstable world in the coming years.
The GOP have a lot to answer for if they continue to give Trump cover for pursuing Putin's agenda.

screenexile

Dolph1

This is what happens to decent folk when the law isn't followed. You have illegals not detained, breaking the law and murdering citzens.

https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-world/ice-man-arrested-in-deadly-tulare-county-california-rampage-was-deported-twice-before

The democrats on here will side with the illegal no doubt or find some excuse for him. I also note this is one of those "dreamers". What additions they are to the USA.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again