Have Three teams Qualify from Each super 8 group

Started by Eire90, February 16, 2020, 06:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingdom37

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 16, 2020, 10:05:16 PM
Quote from: bannside on February 16, 2020, 12:14:20 PM
As ideas go I think thats a good one. Why the sarcasm Farren. Makes you feel good does it?

Just pissed off about what's happening in the GAA at the moment. Hence the needs extra revenue remark.

Agree. Super 8s meaning no ckub championship played in summer.  Kick in teeth to ordinary club player.

bannside

Did I read somewhere that over €5m has been spent on the salaries of full time Gaa personnel.....Any wonder extra revenue is needed! Some milking going on there, is it 85p a mile expenses nowadays.

From the Bunker

Ah, we have a 12 month GAA Calendar and here we have lads trying to add extra games to an already congested fixture list!

Rossfan

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 16, 2020, 10:11:57 PM
As ideas go I think thats a good one. Why the sarcasm Farren. Makes you feel good does it?

Just pissed off about what's happening in the GAA at the moment. Hence the needs extra revenue remark.

Agree. Super 8s meaning no ckub championship played in summer.  Kick in teeth to ordinary club player.
What's stopping 24 Counties playing their Championships?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

Quote from: Rossfan on February 17, 2020, 01:29:22 AM
Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 16, 2020, 10:11:57 PM

What's stopping 24 Counties playing their Championships?
the usual excuse is they want to be fresh for Provincial Games.
It comomg very near the time when the county player will and to brea the Cub link .
I know a lot of peole would not be happy with that  but would it be preferable to be able to properly plan Club fixture . this cannot happen while clubs are waiting on county players
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

trailer

Quote from: Eire90 on February 16, 2020, 06:09:20 AM
Have 3 Teams qualify from the super 8s  group winners get a bye to semis looking over the last two seasons using this system there was not one dead rubber every team had something to play for in the last game either playing to win the group and get the bye or playing to avoid 4th and get into quarter final.It be good idea aswell to play the two quarter finals at the ground of the team that finished 2nd.

Sure why not let all 4 qualify and then everyone is happy.

Eire90

Well you all moan about dead rubbers either go back to the 4 quarter  finals or go to my system.

Blowitupref

The 4 stand alone quarter finals need to be reinstated. Knock out football in the business end of the championship that has the opportunity for a underdog to reach the last 4 far surpasses a group stages for the final 8.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

five points

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 17, 2020, 03:40:20 PM
The 4 stand alone quarter finals need to be reinstated. Knock out football in the business end of the championship that has the opportunity for a underdog to reach the last 4 far surpasses a group stages for the final 8.

+1

RadioGAAGAA

How about have one team qualify from each match played in the Championship?

The other goes home to wait for next summer.

No dead rubbers there.
Fixture congestion eased.
Excitement back in every game.
One off day and your out.

i usse an speelchekor

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Money and a strong Dublin is all that matter. You have to love the Amateur Ethos HorseSh1te!

Thank God they have not seen a penny of my money since 2017!

pbat

They should get every county to publish a 35 man panel start of May this season, this would allow to monitor is there an exodus of players after the first defeat in there provincial championships. If the players dont buy into the 2nd tier it will quickly die a death.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 17, 2020, 07:23:00 PM
How about have one team qualify from each match played in the Championship?

The other goes home to wait for next summer.

No dead rubbers there.
Fixture congestion eased.
Excitement back in every game.
One off day and your out.

Quote from: Rossfan on February 17, 2020, 08:16:39 PM
That train left the Station 20 years ago.

It has, unfortunately.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Rossfan on February 17, 2020, 08:16:39 PM
That train left the Station 20 years ago.

That doesn't mean it wasn't headed in the right direction!

i usse an speelchekor