Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremiah O

Excellent display from Kyle Coney yesterday,oozes class.
Great to see Lanky's cub getting his chance,been very impressed with his club form these last couple of years.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Angelo

Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 06, 2020, 10:50:26 AM
You and I both know that Angelo, but why does Harte stutter around when asked the question. Is he trying to make McShane think "If i go ill not get back in" which is complete nonsense

I think he's more concerned in trying to convince McShane to stay than hypothetical scenarios down the line. I think Harte will do all he can to convince him to stay but at the end of the day it is McShane's choice and it's probably a move that will set him up for life so you couldn't begrudge him that. For selfish reasons we'd all like him to stay.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Pearse Blue on January 06, 2020, 10:50:26 AM
You and I both know that Angelo, but why does Harte stutter around when asked the question. Is he trying to make McShane think "If i go ill not get back in" which is complete nonsense

Who knows what toll a few years in Australia could have on his body and what sort of form he'd come back in. Tommy Walsh left Kerry as a star forward and struggled to get back in the Kerry team since. Antrim reached an ulster final with McKeever doing well at midfield and he never got back to county football. There are other examples of players coming back and struggling. You'd like to think if he goes he'd come back in decent shape and make an impact but it's not a certainty.

He could well struggle to make it over there given his age and the money is less than that mentioned so it is a big decision for him to take. A lot will depend whether he fancies the change of lifestyle and living in Australia. Some people love moving away to a better climate etc, some hate being away from family/friends. Another factor to weigh up will be his career - no idea how likely a teaching job is for him.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 06, 2020, 10:56:54 AM
I must add that I do agree with harte about the relationship between gaa and AFL. Too easy for them to come over here and cherry pick the best of our talent with no cost or work involved to them. All the time and work done by our club and county coaches.

Not really much to complain about if we are being honest. A professional sport comes, it's a professional sport. The GAA needs to get it's house in order with regards to earning a clean fortune hiding behind amateur status offering a GPA grant (which they actually had to fight to get in the first place and isn't all that great, considering). The AFL is just right cherry picking the best of the best as they see, they hold all the aces including the offer to compete at the very highest level in sport with the actual carrot that you can rest without going to work the next day. The GAA doesn't care right now, because there'll be another McShane, in another county, there'll be another Pearce Hanley etc. Croke Park will still be full in the summer.

If we are being completely cold and honest, the GAA whilst being a great organisation in an awful lot of ways, churns players out and uses them to little / no reward. The Australians know for very little monetary risk they can take the best, if they want to go, relatively easily because the GAA has allowed themselves to caught in a ridiculous position....and it'll get even worse with the inside mark.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: bogball88 on January 06, 2020, 09:39:16 AM
Is Mark Bardley on the panel at the minute? No sign of him yesterday and he is still tipping away for Mountfield on a a saturday
Hasn't played for Mountfield in weeks, start of November maybe. Its the younger brother who is playing for Mountfield still.
Stopped playing to rejoin the Tyrone panel.

trailer

So how did Teamtalk break the McShane news so spectacularly wrong? He hasn't signed with Brisbane?

NotedObserver

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on January 06, 2020, 01:19:39 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on January 06, 2020, 09:39:16 AM
Is Mark Bardley on the panel at the minute? No sign of him yesterday and he is still tipping away for Mountfield on a a saturday
Hasn't played for Mountfield in weeks, start of November maybe. Its the younger brother who is playing for Mountfield still.
Stopped playing to rejoin the Tyrone panel.

That a yes or no? lol

phpearse

I understand that the new S&C coach is being very well received by the Tyrone players. Adding to the solid base they had previously but more meticulous preparation. Be interesting to see if this has any effects on how they play but any comments I have heard back are very good. In fairness he has come from a professional set up, so he is bringing all of that with him. Seems like a very good appointment.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on January 06, 2020, 05:25:08 PM
So how did Teamtalk break the McShane news so spectacularly wrong? He hasn't signed with Brisbane?

Wouldn't call it spectacularly wrong though, it was Brisbane - Crows came in after with a better offer?

time ticking away

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 07, 2020, 02:03:28 PM
Teamtalk only put a story together based on half truths of rumours circulating round the county over the Christmas period. The only people that know the full picture are the player himself and those closest to him which probably includes Mickey Harte as he was the first one to mention a 2 week trial period. There's a good chance he'll be back in the Tyrone squad for the national league which can only be good news for Gaels in the county

Good chance ?
Honestly?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

skeog

Looking forward to game in Armagh tomorrow.Expect it to be feisty affair as Orchard men have improved.

time ticking away

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 07, 2020, 05:24:24 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on January 07, 2020, 04:00:43 PM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 07, 2020, 02:03:28 PM
Teamtalk only put a story together based on half truths of rumours circulating round the county over the Christmas period. The only people that know the full picture are the player himself and those closest to him which probably includes Mickey Harte as he was the first one to mention a 2 week trial period. There's a good chance he'll be back in the Tyrone squad for the national league which can only be good news for Gaels in the county

Good chance ?
Honestly?

Well, yeah if the Adelaide Crows dont offer him a contract after these trials. Hartes interview clearly states that nothing has been signed

They have already offered him a contract. The purpose of his trip to Adelaide is so that he is sure he wants to sign
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

southtyronegael

All I can say is, roll on October!

Angelo

Coney the only survivor from the weekend.

Interesting to see how Ronan McHugh gets on, he's had a lot of bad luck with injuries but he is a big lad and has generally been at the top of the scoring charts at club level when fit. There's a gap there for him if he impresses.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

NotedObserver

Anyone have update on Bradley or Darragh Canavan?