Why are Posters obsessed about Dublin GAA??

Started by kerryforsam2018, September 12, 2018, 04:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the most obsessed about Dublin GAA

Dinny Breen
5 (17.9%)
Syfin
11 (39.3%)
From the Bunker
5 (17.9%)
Pricey Reilly
6 (21.4%)
RossFan
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 12, 2019, 04:00:01 PM

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 08:08:46 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 07:21:23 PM
So it's like Scooby doo then??? Dubs would have got away with of it wasn't for you pesky kids. Can you list the 54 titles the dubs have WON? That would make an awesome screensaver for my computer in work. If you could spread them out to fill the screen that would be great

;D You can't even attempt to argue against the case I put forward. I know it's hard to accept. Everyone wants their county to win things fairly. Unfortunately it's not the case with Dublin. 54 titles have an asterisk beside them. If a proper investigation is undertaken then Dublin could get stripped of them all.

I just asked you to list the 54 titles won so I could turn them into a screensaver. No need to go off on a mad rant. You've got way too much time on your hands.

Have the dubs really 54 titles since 2005? You have to list them out otherwise how can anyone belive you. Could be just one of those urban myths like the dub players don't have jobs.

priceyreilly

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2018, 08:21:55 PM
To quote the psychiatrist in Fawlty Towers, "there's enough material there for an entire conference".

And that's without even getting to the rest of your posts.

You could probably base an entire year's worth of lectures on them.

Fighting injustice is a complicated matter. It's never straight forward.

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 08:34:17 PM
I just asked you to list the 54 titles won so I could turn them into a screensaver. No need to go off on a mad rant. You've got way too much time on your hands.

Have the dubs really 54 titles since 2005? You have to list them out otherwise how can anyone belive you. Could be just one of those urban myths like the dub players don't have jobs.

No, you came in with another of the Dub responses, question why every other county hasn't tried to emulate Dublin's regime. I kindly informed you of why. You had no response to this.
Also, you are clearly uninformed on this whole topic. 54 titles is easy to back up, in fact I have a table done on it.

sid waddell

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 08:40:55 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2018, 08:21:55 PM
To quote the psychiatrist in Fawlty Towers, "there's enough material there for an entire conference".

And that's without even getting to the rest of your posts.

You could probably base an entire year's worth of lectures on them.

Fighting injustice is a complicated matter. It's never straight forward.

"Fighting injustice" ;D

Bloody hell  ;D

You're obviously somebody grounded in reality. It's just that it's some sort of alternate reality.

priceyreilly

Quote from: sid waddell on September 13, 2018, 08:51:37 PM
"Fighting injustice" ;D

Bloody hell  ;D

You're obviously somebody grounded in reality. It's just that it's some sort of alternate reality.

They shot Martin Luther King dead, they locked up Nelson Mandela for years, they sent Gerry Adams to Louth. What punishment will they have for PriceyReilly, hero of the common GAA man?

We must stand up against Dub tyranny!

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 08:46:25 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 08:34:17 PM

No, you came in with another of the Dub responses, question why every other county hasn't tried to emulate Dublin's regime. I kindly informed you of why. You had no response to this.
Also, you are clearly uninformed on this whole topic. 54 titles is easy to back up, in fact I have a table done on it.
Well let's see this table.

Thats one serious injustice you habe taken on considering you could be putting all your energy into tackling something trivial like homelessness in the country

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 13, 2018, 09:52:18 PM

Thats one serious injustice you habe taken on considering you could be putting all your energy into tackling something trivial like homelessness in the country

This is the biggest issue in Gaelic Games. We can't have one county continuing to compete at a professional level while the sport is amatuer. Because it's obvious what will happen and we see it already. The only way to keep up with a professional outfit is to become professional yourself, to invest as much as they do. That will mean that only counties with money can compete. This will kill Gaelic Games in many counties. We see it with the increased calls for a B championship. This isn't what the GAA is about. We need to claim our games back.
The establishment are all about money and are neglecting the games in many counties. This can't continue and we can't let one counties greed get in the way. The monster must be slain. Once this is done we can look at repairing Gaelic Games.

Oh and here's the 54 titles, it's a comparison of the 13 years post funding to the 13 years pre funding.:

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 13, 2018, 05:19:47 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 10:25:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 10:01:03 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 12, 2018, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 09:55:20 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 09:21:15 PM
Kilkenny used 55 different players in winning All-Ireland hurling finals from 2000 to 2015.

I'd like somebody to tell me how that wasn't a conveyor belt, whether Kilkenny are dominant now, and what state hurling is in now.

People are arguing that Dublin's dominance is unprecedented. It would be unprecedented only for the fact that there is copious precedent there.

How many league titles did Kilkenny win during that period?

Did Kilkenny take the league seriously?

Do Dublin take the League seriously?

Responding to questions with questions and not answers is a sure sign your argument is flimsy. I'd say Dublin do

And why do Dublin take the League seriously and Kilkenny did not in their hay day?

Do you not have the ability to answer simple questions? Cheerio

chrissears

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 10:36:12 PM

This is the biggest issue in Gaelic Games. We can't have one county continuing to compete at a professional level while the sport is amatuer. Because it's obvious what will happen and we see it already. The only way to keep up with a professional outfit is to become professional yourself, to invest as much as they do. That will mean that only counties with money can compete. This will kill Gaelic Games in many counties. We see it with the increased calls for a B championship. This isn't what the GAA is about. We need to claim our games back.
The establishment are all about money and are neglecting the games in many counties. This can't continue and we can't let one counties greed get in the way. The monster must be slain. Once this is done we can look at repairing Gaelic Games.

Oh and here's the 54 titles, it's a comparison of the 13 years post funding to the 13 years pre funding.:

manfromdelmonte

Obsessed because the rest of us are funding the Dublin GAA

TheGreatest

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 13, 2018, 10:36:12 PM

Thank you for that table, makes great viewing, well done Dublin, put the work in and paying dividends, long may it continue.

priceyreilly

;D No problem, it's a table that shows clearly what money can buy. It really is startling the change from 14 titles to 54. It's also a good reminder for all the Dubs who start celebrating their trophies and then boom! They remember they've been bought them all.

tonto1888

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 19, 2018, 05:59:07 PM
;D No problem, it's a table that shows clearly what money can buy. It really is startling the change from 14 titles to 54. It's also a good reminder for all the Dubs who start celebrating their trophies and then boom! They remember they've been bought them all.

Because hard work and talent has nothing to do with it

priceyreilly

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 19, 2018, 06:19:53 PM

54 titles since 2005 in all grades and levels. 14 in the previous 13 years. And it just so happened that the enormous funding disparity begun 13 years ago. Some sort of freak coincidence or instringently linked? Let's get real here. It's all bought. I haven't even added in the club titles for clubs in Dublin, it's gone up from 4 to 17 in the past 13 years compared to the 13 before.
I'd like a good laugh so can anyone come up with a reasonable explanation for the huge increase in titles since 2005 which coincided with the huge increase in funding for Dublin GAA?

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 19, 2018, 10:41:25 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 19, 2018, 06:19:53 PM

54 titles since 2005 in all grades and levels. 14 in the previous 13 years. And it just so happened that the enormous funding disparity begun 13 years ago. Some sort of freak coincidence or instringently linked? Let's get real here. It's all bought. I haven't even added in the club titles for clubs in Dublin, it's gone up from 4 to 17 in the past 13 years compared to the 13 before.
I'd like a good laugh so can anyone come up with a reasonable explanation for the huge increase in titles since 2005 which coincided with the huge increase in funding for Dublin GAA?

Ah go on, add em up. You love them tables. I'd have thought you'd have one done already. I used your original one to make a screensaver for my computer. Thanks for that. Club titles not as impressive a screensaver. But I'm sure it'll still look good.