British State Collusion

Started by Nally Stand, October 11, 2011, 05:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

The saga goes on:

PM rejects Public Inquiry in Finucane Case
Pat Finucane Centre Response to Finucane meeting with Prime Minister David Cameron Today:

"Reacting to the outcome of the meeting this afternoon with British Prime Minister David Cameron the PFC shares the shock and concern of the Finucane family at the news that no Public Inquiry is to be held into the 1989 murder.

"The family have campaigned long and hard for an inquiry into the murder of Pat. They were told that a Public Inquiry would be set up by the British Government. The Irish Government was told that a Public Inquiry would be set up.

Instead the PM has told the family that a QC, Sir Desmond da Silva, will be asked to 'review' the available papers and then brief the family. This is an extraordinary turnaround which we find incomprehensible and unacceptable. We understand that the family will not cooperate in any shape or fashion with this 'review'.

At the meeting they were told that this was the "best way forward". This may be true for the security forces and agencies who wish to conceal the truth. It is certainly not the best way forward for the family.

It was claimed that witnesses are not 'available' and that this would negate the effectiveness of any inquiry. This is a shabby and scandalous excuse.   

It is absolutely vital that any inquiry be allowed to delve into the involvement of the British Army Force Research Unit, RUC Special Branch and the Security Service MI5 in the murder. Britain is failing to honour the commitment it made at Weston Park to implement the recommendations of Judge Cory, the Canadian judge appointed by the two governments to evaluate the evidence in a number of contentious cases. He recommended a Public Inquiry into the murder.

Pat Finucane received death threats from members of the RUC. Using parliamentary privilege only weeks before the murder a Conservative Government minister accused members of the legal profession of being close to the IRA thus setting the scene for loyalist attacks on lawyers. Both RUC and FRU agents were involved in the murder of Pat Finucane. On February 12 1989 Pat was murdered in front of his family.

Those who would argue that the above facts are a not a matter for Public Inquiry should consider the words of Geraldine Finucane,

I believe that it is a mistake to ignore cases of serious concern just because they are in the past. I believe the only way our society can move forward into a peaceful future is by examining the controversies of our past and exposing them fully for all to see. I believe this creates foundations of confidence, upon which a lasting peace can be built. END"
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hereiam

That to me and I'm sure alot of other people says that the brits have something to hide. British c***ts

Minder

I thought Cameron said after Saville announcement there would be no more costly, lengthy public enquiries so it's hardly that big a surprise.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Nally no doubt that should there be an open inquiry to all the real underhand tactics by all those involved in the atrocities carried out during the troubles, but would we ever get the real truth?

I don't think we would.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on October 11, 2011, 05:23:34 PM
I thought Cameron said after Saville announcement there would be no more costly, lengthy public enquiries so it's hardly that big a surprise.

When we consider the following, NOTHING surprises me about the lengths the British Government will go in order to cover up their activities in Ireland:

- They releases just TWENTY heavily censored pages of a TWENTY THOUSAND page report into Collusion by the Stevens Inquiry team

- Stevens also stated that the obstruction he faced in his inquiry from the British 'security' forces "was cultural in its nature and widespread within parts of the army and the RUC".

- When Stevens himself felt that he had enough hard evidence to convict at least 25 senior military personnel, the DPP did not bring forward ANY prosecutions

- The British Secretary of State at the time of his report, attempted to prevent The Sunday Times from investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire at the offices of the Steven's Inquiry which destroyed other crucial evidence

It also doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they lied to the family, and to the Irish Government when they told them there would be a Public Inquiry.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AQMP

Saville really was the inquiry to end all inquiries...

Nally Stand

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2011, 05:32:00 PM
Nally no doubt that should there be an open inquiry to all the real underhand tactics by all those involved in the atrocities carried out during the troubles, but would we ever get the real truth?

I don't think we would.

Sadly I doubt it too, but something has to be tried to help matters. Martin McGuinness said recently that Tony Blair stated to him privately in a meeting that Britain played a huge part in the conflict but that the British Government could never publically come out and admit as much. That is the crux of the matter. To date they (I include it's police and armed forces in this) are the one side in the conflict who will not openly admit that it was involved in a conflict and has not issued an apology to the families of it's innocent victims. Expecting the whole truth seems a long way off. 

thebigfella

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 11, 2011, 05:37:39 PM

When we consider the following, NOTHING surprises me about the lengths the British Government will go in order to cover up their activities in Ireland:

- They releases just TWENTY heavily censored pages of a TWENTY THOUSAND page report into Collusion by the Stevens Inquiry team

- Stevens also stated that the obstruction he faced in his inquiry from the British 'security' forces "was cultural in its nature and widespread within parts of the army and the RUC".

- When Stevens himself felt that he had enough hard evidence to convict at least 25 senior military personnel, the DPP did not bring forward ANY prosecutions

- The British Secretary of State at the time of his report, attempted to prevent The Sunday Times from investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire at the offices of the Steven's Inquiry which destroyed other crucial evidence

It also doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they lied to the family, and to the Irish Government when they told them there would be a Public Inquiry.

So why do you even bother then? Seems to me you spend your entire day justifying the Provo's organised crime fight for Irish freedom and looking for ways to get upset at the Brits.

Nally Stand

Quote from: thebigfella on October 11, 2011, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 11, 2011, 05:37:39 PM

So why do you even bother then? Seems to me you spend your entire day justifying the Provo's organised crime fight for Irish freedom and looking for ways to get upset at the Brits.

It seems to me you would happily spend all day making sarcastic remarks about me and about the IRA, but simultaneously have very little nothing to say about British state murder. This thread is about British State Collusion, in case you didn't see the title, so you may take your "intelligent" remarks elsewhere.

P.S. I have stated many times that, like the Old IRA, the Provisional IRA carried out many despicable acts which I would never wish to justify, but I make no apologies for seeing both campaigns in general as totally justifiable. As for "looking for ways to get upset at the brits", well I would hardly have to look very hard now. I can assure you that my family and my near neighbours have no need to go looking for reasons to be upset at the British state. Not that you either know or give a fcuk about that.

tyssam5

Would there be any point in a public inquiry? Saville had a point, exoneration of the dead. What's the goal here, truth about British intelligence, that's never going to happen and what would the benefit even if it did?

Nally Stand

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 11, 2011, 06:13:43 PM
Would there be any point in a public inquiry? Saville had a point, exoneration of the dead. What's the goal here, truth about British intelligence, that's never going to happen and what would the benefit even if it did?

I'd say the Finucane family would soon tell you their goal... the truth about Pat's murder. The benefit to them? Probably immeasurable. How many other families are being denied the truth from the British State? Should they just not bother trying to find out the truth?

Minder

The only people to benefit would be the legal profession, who were probably salivating at the thought of another lengthy enquiry. The family probably wouldn't have got the answers they were looking for.

Minder

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 11, 2011, 06:19:39 PM

I'd say the Finucane family would soon tell you their goal... the truth about Pat's murder. The benefit to them? Probably immeasurable. How many other families are being denied the truth from the British State? Should they just not bother trying to find out the truth?

Whether you like it or not, there isn't going to be an inquiry for every episode of collusion you think there was.

Ulick

Considering the British government committed in 2001 to adopt Judge Cory's recommendations, the Smithwick Tribunal should be suspended immediately as the British have reneged on their side of the bargain.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on October 11, 2011, 06:20:08 PM

The only people to benefit would be the legal profession, who were probably salivating at the thought of another lengthy enquiry. The family probably wouldn't have got the answers they were looking for.

So the family wouldn't benefit from getting the truth about the state's involvement in the murder of their family member?