Down versus Mayo

Started by SamFever, June 10, 2019, 10:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: larryin89 on June 16, 2019, 07:22:19 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 15, 2019, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 15, 2019, 02:13:50 PM
Disaster for Mattie ruane, the team and us lot too. Wish him all the best in his recovery , should still make it back for Breaffy who might fancy their chances this year.

Cillian is also rumored to not be near 100%, I think we are as well off out of 2019 championship at this stage , nobody is really up for it , ya can feel it , there is an air of acceptance now the good run has ended.

I sincerely hope when commentators on both social media and mainstream start writing the aul obituaries that they do take a moment and give a little credit to this band of absolute warriors who have given everything they could the last six/seven years and just came up a little shy of winning it out. There is no need for the nastiness at all , the battle is lost now , when a team leaves the stage like this a bit of respect should be shown.

Do you think we should organise a minutes applause for a specific time so people wherever they are can show their appreciation. I mean, it's not like Mayo have got much coverage in the media down the years

Obviously I don't want that nor does anyone associated with mayo player nor supporter . We just want to go away quietly and try build again for the years ahead . I'm not trying to hide any disappointment, it's honestly heartbreaking and I'm no shrinking violet either but such is life . My point is I believe the team should be given the respect it deserves and not to be mocked continuously like it's all some big joke.

Will you stop ffs - nobody has died, we are not in mourning. We're not even out of the championship
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

I dunno why anyone want to write Mayo off out of hand after losing their last game. Roscommon showed today that they are far better than anyone expected and Mayo didn't take them seriously enough. That doesn't mean Mayo have lost their bottle- a lot of old defects showed up that day but those were of the team's own making.
I can't see them hitting 18 wides next Saturday and surely to God, Horan will have sorted out some free taking system by them. Matty Ruane will be a big loss but there are more promising young players this year than any other as far back as I can remember and the team has had a long layoff to sort themselves out. If the lot of them aren't rearin' to go next Saturday, I'll eat me hat cap! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 14, 2019, 07:44:27 AM
Another Friday, another rumour in rumourville.

Heard the same rumour from a more reliable source this eve.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 16, 2019, 09:20:05 PM

An shite, i presumed this rumour was just about Ruane getting injured

Tubberman

Clarke?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 15, 2019, 11:56:34 PM
Disaster for Mattie ruane, the team and us lot too. Wish him all the best in his recovery , should still make it back for Breaffy who might fancy their chances this year.

Cillian is also rumored to not be near 100%, I think we are as well off out of 2019 championship at this stage , nobody is really up for it , ya can feel it , there is an air of acceptance now the good run has ended.

I sincerely hope when commentators on both social media and mainstream start writing the aul obituaries that they do take a moment and give a little credit to this band of absolute warriors who have given everything they could the last six/seven years and just came up a little shy of winning it out. There is no need for the nastiness at all , the battle is lost now , when a team leaves the stage like this a bit of respect should be shown.

Do you think we should organise a minutes applause for a specific time so people wherever they are can show their appreciation. I mean, it's not like Mayo have got much coverage in the media down the years

At least we made it worth your while going to home championship games when you played us. Ye were always far far better than us, but some how we always managed to stay close to ye. The boredom must be a killer for Dublin fans anymore?

As a Mayo fan you must know it's all about the journey as well!!! We just have happy endings. It's the days out in Croker in the sunshine, trips to Omagh to play on pitches specifically set up for Dublin. That was quite an honor whether it was SKY television company or Mickey Harte. I suspect  it was Mickey but being the kind of guy he is, he refused to take credit for it..

I was hopinv for trip to Galway for the weekend in the Super8s but is not looking promising now.

Lar Naparka

What rumour are you talking about?

Duine Eile

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 16, 2019, 09:38:24 PM

Clarke walking? I heard this rumour also!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Duine Eile on June 16, 2019, 09:45:14 PM

Until WJ and his blog allows it, then it's not allowed. But yes.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 16, 2019, 09:50:11 PM

Just a rumour.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on June 16, 2019, 10:44:19 PM

Just a rumour.
Let's hope so.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 16, 2019, 10:49:06 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 16, 2019, 10:44:19 PM

Just a rumour.
Let's hope so.

On the other hand there is another rumour that Aido wasn't been able to train last week.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on June 16, 2019, 09:29:03 PM

At least we made it worth your while going to home championship games when you played us. Ye were always far far better than us, but some how we always managed to stay close to ye. The boredom must be a killer for Dublin fans anymore?

As a Mayo fan you must know it's all about the journey as well!!! We just have happy endings. It's the days out in Croker in the sunshine, trips to Omagh to play on pitches specifically set up for Dublin. That was quite an honor whether it was SKY television company or Mickey Harte. I suspect  it was Mickey but being the kind of guy he is, he refused to take credit for it..

I was hopinv for trip to Galway for the weekend in the Super8s but is not looking promising now.

As a Dublin fan you know sweet F**k all about Journeys, unless you think a trip on Dublin Bus, the Luas or Dart is a Journey. And most of you can't be bothered doing that anymore.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 16, 2019, 11:07:48 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 16, 2019, 09:29:03 PM

As a Dublin fan you know sweet F**k all about Journeys, unless you think a trip on Dublin Bus, the Luas or Dart is a Journey. And most of you can't be bothered doing that anymore.

Ah don't be like that.. Travelling by public transport is a journey. true its not a long one, but the last 5 years have been the real symbolic journey in league and championship. Travelling to grounds around the country knowing Dubs are the team everyone wants to beat, but still this amazing team finds ways to win. This is going to be a historic year regardless of whether Dublin win or lose the All Ireland. If it's not Cluxton then someone else will join Seamus Darby in GAA history. Surely you can see that?

Farrandeelin

Strewth, this thread is supposed to be about the upcoming match between Mayo and Down, not Dublin bus rides. Or anything about Dublin.

What's the feeling like in Down about this one?