Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnysboys

Quote from: urbangael on April 17, 2023, 10:27:29 PM
Anyone trying to predict a starting 15 for Sunday would be safer picking the lotto numbers. No team used more players than Down throughout thr league. I still don't think Lav knows his best 15. Really only 5 certain starters IMO... Mcevoy Lavery Murdock (if allowed) Kerr and Havern. I think he'll also go with Ryan J Miceal Rooney bobo and Doc from his own club.

I agree here. Plus he will name a team and that won't be what takes the pitch on Sunday. Surely he will allow the u20s to play at their own level as it's a final. They should have enough on the panel not to need these young lads. Running with 40 odd all year - time for these lads to step up and play and leave the u20s.
Are Donegal coming into this game in the perfect position? Everything and everyone has them written off due to off pitch antics/relegation/manager leaving - will there be a sting in the tail from them or can we set up a possible mouthwatering semi final v Armagh in a few weeks (should they beat Cavan)

Blackandblue2

Donegal slight bookies favourite and i think this is a fair reflection. Even game, who ever plays well on the day will take the win. 2 evenly matched teams with Mc Bearty missing. Regardless of who wins the semi final is next weekend. 8 day turn around for Armagh/Cavan and 7 days for Donegal/Down. Im going for Armagh vs Down semi final. Fingers crossed.

roger99

A massive 2 weeks in store for Conor Laverty. Could make or break his managerial career! He will soon learn he cant manage every team in Down at the one time! If plays murdock in senior game u20s will lose. if no murdock in senior game, donegal will run riot.

Truth hurts

Quote from: roger99 on April 18, 2023, 10:28:16 AM
A massive 2 weeks in store for Conor Laverty. Could make or break his managerial career! He will soon learn he cant manage every team in Down at the one time! If plays murdock in senior game u20s will lose. if no murdock in senior game, donegal will run riot.

Jesus Christ , can people get behind all our teams going forward. The begrudgery out there waiting on Conor and Benny to fail, so they can stick the knife in is pathetic.

Sandstorm

Big decision tonight on the crazy 7 day rule by the DRA.

Sandstorm

7 day rule only applies to 'A'  grade competitions. A  Down hurler could have played for the U20 team last Saturday and in the the Joe McDonagh cup on Sunday. Crazy situation. How does the GAA get themselves in such a mess.

johnnycool

Quote from: Sandstorm on April 18, 2023, 10:46:23 AM
7 day rule only applies to 'A'  grade competitions. A  Down hurler could have played for the U20 team last Saturday and in the the Joe McDonagh cup on Sunday. Crazy situation. How does the GAA get themselves in such a mess.

I think one did....

Doesn't make any sense that ruling in it's current form

snoopdog

Quote from: Sandstorm on April 18, 2023, 10:39:47 AM
Any word on this. I don't see anything in the press.

Truth hurts

Down draw sales are meant to be down this year

Square Ball

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 19, 2023, 01:11:55 PM

no surprise, cost of living. has it run its course? massive money spinner for clubs and county alike
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Too many steps

Quote from: snoopdog on April 19, 2023, 01:08:20 PM
Quote from: Sandstorm on April 18, 2023, 10:39:47 AM
Any word on this. I don't see anything in the press.

Clare unsuccessful

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41119969.html

There might be a request to move the u20 date, but they don't have many options with Down Seniors this weekend and Derry the following and then the AI u20 semi is pencilled in for first weekend in May. So will u20 final will probably stay next week.

I think Down will let their u20s play in the final - not so sure about Derry.

ardtole

I thought it was poorly advertised, I'm not living at home so I wouldn't be directly in contact with the club, but I just got an email on Monday or Tuesday from the county board saying it has to be paid by Friday.

I think they could have sent an email a month ago followed by the most recent one.

6th sam

Quote from: ardtole on April 19, 2023, 03:09:06 PM

I thought it was poorly advertised, I'm not living at home so I wouldn't be directly in contact with the club, but I just got an email on Monday or Tuesday from the county board saying it has to be paid by Friday.

I think they could have sent an email a month ago followed by the most recent one.

The club's draw is a massive success story for DownGAA and Down clubs . Our club can not speak highly enough of those that run this draw within our club and in the county office . James and Mary Mcgrath have taken on an unbelievable  burden in administration of the draw and have made an outstanding contribution  to the county but particularly to individual clubs . This has brought Literally £millions into GAA in the county, and you can still buy online tonight Ardtole if u want.

ardtole

I do intend to buy one, I like the fact my own club benefits directly from it as well. I just think next year they could provide a bit more notice than 3 or 4 days. Maybe if I was living in Ardglass I'd have been more aware of it.

thewobbler

Quote from: 6th sam on April 19, 2023, 06:20:17 PM
Quote from: ardtole on April 19, 2023, 03:09:06 PM

The club's draw is a massive success story for DownGAA and Down clubs . Our club can not speak highly enough of those that run this draw within our club and in the county office . James and Mary Mcgrath have taken on an unbelievable  burden in administration of the draw and have made an outstanding contribution  to the county but particularly to individual clubs . This has brought Literally £millions into GAA in the county, and you can still buy online tonight Ardtole if u want.

Fully agree... it's been a proper success story and exceptionally well run.

It deserves to be supported. Indeed by this stage I thought it would be close to 75-85% auto renewals. I'm guessing some of the big selling clubs have gone down a different route, or the people in those clubs who drove  it, have moved on.