2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Hard for donie to make up all that ground probably feels like a struggle and the body language might not be right but it will come and when it does what a boost it will be if him Walsh and O'Carroll can all click its a decent forward line with Paul Kingston and Paul cahilanne to come!
LAOIS ABÚ

Unison

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 05, 2018, 11:08:03 AM
Hard for donie to make up all that ground probably feels like a struggle and the body language might not be right but it will come and when it does what a boost it will be if him Walsh and O'Carroll can all click its a decent forward line with Paul Kingston and Paul cahilanne to come!

I hope you are right.

Tony

I don't think Sugrue was disrespectful in the interview.

He said, regarding when Donie will return that "A lot of that will depend on Donie's application to training." That's fair enough in my book. He was asked a straight question and was given a straight answer. And it's a good healthy message to send to the entire panel. If you show up and give 100% in training and show the desire to play for Laois, you'll get your spot ahead of someone with a bigger reputation, but is giving much less.

At the end of the day, in a championship match when it's a draw match going into the last 5 minutes, the people you want in there are the lads who will give 100% to Laois.

BallyroanAbu

We are in Div 4, Gary Walsh, Paul Kingston or any player are going to look good if they are anywhere near county standard.  I like what Sugrue is doing, it would be hard for Donie to walk now.  By challenging him you may get the best out of someone that is out on his own as Laois best forward, but also putting your stamp on the whole setup.  I like it so far he is getting the big calls right.

It's very hard for Donie to walk now, once he came back in that game was up. 

SCFC

Quote from: Unison on February 05, 2018, 11:36:19 AM
Quote from: Unlaoised on February 05, 2018, 11:08:03 AM

I hope you are right.
I would think a forward line containing both Kingstons, Cahillane and ocarroll might be a shade light on the work rate required in the modern game.
You have to have a very hard working.forwards. As someone said Strong could work at wing forward. Donoher is always a consistent wing forward too. I think O'Reilly could do a job there too.
Is Brian Daly involved at all?

Don Draper

Sugrue is treating them like grown ups and asking them to react accordingly. Those who know will know how he's handled the disciplinary issues so far, firm and fair. The players are being treated like adults, they know the score with him and there's no grey areas. The cutting of the players was honest and well informed, especially Moore. Donie knew where he stood from the start and nothing's changed.

I loved his handling of the Brody incident also, backed the player and is obviously empowering him as a leader.

I've said it before lads, we've a good one.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Don Draper on February 05, 2018, 12:46:12 PM
Sugrue is treating them like grown ups and asking them to react accordingly. Those who know will know how he's handled the disciplinary issues so far, firm and fair. The players are being treated like adults, they know the score with him and there's no grey areas. The cutting of the players was honest and well informed, especially Moore. Donie knew where he stood from the start and nothing's changed.

I loved his handling of the Brody incident also, backed the player and is obviously empowering him as a leader.

Its easily done when your winning:)

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 05, 2018, 01:07:50 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on February 05, 2018, 12:46:12 PM

Its easily done when your winning:)
While its a weaker division than we're used to, are we winning because things are being done right? Chicken? Egg?

SCFC

I've no doubt things are being done right but we would have expected to win the first four games in this league handily enough. Carlow and Antrim look the only possible hurdles. Maybe London away will be a tricky one?

The PRO

Can't understand how Joseph's, Ballyroan and The Heath havent one player on the Laois panel, apart from an injured Denis Booth.

Unlaoised

Weaker division yes but with the turnover of players the last few years and so many bigger names missing or finished I think he has done a great job so far...

I'd love to see him get real time in the job if he wanted it and I think he could bring us back to Division 2 and get us competitive with the Kildares and Meath's in Leinster again!

He seems to have a bit of something about him and the respect of the players which is massive...

Sort of manager I would love to play for and impress if I could!
LAOIS ABÚ

ILikeStrawberryJam

Fair play to sugrue.. hes speaks well.. its only division 4 but we still have to go and do it ..
Donie has been a magnificent player for Laois but if hes not willing to put in the work
Hes no divine right to walk on to the team ..
If lads arent 100% into it .. best off without them .. that said i expect the most talented Laois player i have ever
Seen play to knuckle down and come good by chamionship time ..

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I'm Happy enough with what I'm hearing from the camp. The main thing is lads are really interested in making this work and so is John.
You can't ask for much more than that at this stage.

I do think we will have to keep putting up big scores from now on and tighten up on our scores against as it could all come down to score difference to decide who goes up.

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois team for Saturday

Graham Brody (Portlaoise);

David Holland (Portlaoise), Shane Nerney (O'Dempsey's), Ruaidhri C Fennell (Rosenallis)

Trevor Collins (Graiguecullen), Colm Begley (Stradbally), Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise)

John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's, Dublin), Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise)

Alan Farrell (Ballylinan), Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen), Danny O'Reilly (Graiguecullen)

Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise), Gary Walsh (Ballylinan), Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard).

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/02/08/two-changes-laois-senior-footballers-ahead-waterford-clash/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

God Munnelly deserves some credit for still making the side

I think we should win well on Saturday night but you can never count your chickens

Interesting to see how Liliis goes in midfield he is probably best suited to that position I hear he is flying it in training!

Looking for to seeing them in action now!
LAOIS ABÚ