Digital Re-tune

Started by illdecide, September 06, 2019, 10:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: BennyCake on September 07, 2019, 05:27:22 PM
The Now 90's channel seemed to close a couple weeks ago. Don't think it was due to the retune though. Now that I looked Now 80's has gone too.

And Keep it Country gone too... jaysus this is all too much for me!!  ;D

Think Keep it country closed a while back.

general

Suggestion for all - get your self an amazon fire stick, get IPTV. Will give you channels from across the world. full sky, ireland, uk, spanish, usa, etc etc

DM me if you want details

armaghniac

Iptv requires good broadband, apart from being crooked.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

general

10-15mb/s yes.

each to their own  :o

giveherlong

as a result the NI Mux that carries RTE1, RTE2 & TG4 is now also broadcast from a few new relay sites which includes Armagh, Newcastle, Whitehead & Strabane.

Is  the NI Mux being broadcast from Strabane already? When would that have been switched on? Would smaller outlying relay sites feeding off Strabane also have it?

Jeepers Creepers

Cbeebies HD gone as well ffs...

BennyCake

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 11, 2019, 03:12:32 PM
Cbeebies HD gone as well ffs...

FFS!!!

I thought maybe it was just my reception but obviously not. I'm missing BBC News HD, BBC 4 HD and that one. I assume they won't be returning?

Snapchap

So if we don't re-tune, do we keep the channels that some of you have lost since re-tuning?

sensethetone

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Snapchap on September 11, 2019, 03:23:12 PM
So if we don't re-tune, do we keep the channels that some of you have lost since re-tuning?

I tried that but the screens was sticking and that on certain channels for me.

giveherlong

Thanks for the response
Might try and move the aerial then to pick up directly from Strabane and try a retune then

JohnDenver

With the changes to Saorview frequencies, i was forced to re-tune two TVs (Samsung and Hisense).  Both are picking up the Saorview channels in the 800's but the problem is that both the quick program guide and more detailed guide are showing "Viewer Advisory" for every channel in the listings, with more information about the retune, despite having already tuned the TV's.

The EPG works fine for RTE1 and RTE2 in the 50's which come from the repeater in the north.

Anybody experience anything similar, or Fionntamhnach - any ides?

giveherlong

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 27, 2020, 03:36:24 PM
With the changes to Saorview frequencies, i was forced to re-tune two TVs (Samsung and Hisense).  Both are picking up the Saorview channels in the 800's but the problem is that both the quick program guide and more detailed guide are showing "Viewer Advisory" for every channel in the listings, with more information about the retune, despite having already tuned the TV's.

The EPG works fine for RTE1 and RTE2 in the 50's which come from the repeater in the north.

Anybody experience anything similar, or Fionntamhnach - any ides?

Same with me
Done the retune back in September
Just noticed the viewer advisory popping up a very odd time