Free masons

Started by The Iceman, November 07, 2016, 04:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

Any masons or any of you know someone in the Masons?
Was reading about a high profile fella in the political ring who is in them and was a bit shocked by some of the things they do.  Spirit Cooking. Look that up if you want to lose your breakfast
If anyone is in it whats the allure? Or what do folks know about it?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Bord na Mona man

The late Vere Wynne-Jones of RTE was a freemason. I'm not sure if any other known figures are members.

imtommygunn

Some of the wife's family were in the masons. Her dad had a mason book etc and told me a few things about it. Weird setup but seems a lot more prevalent than any of us thought with keywords etc etc in job interviews and all.

His dad was in them and died young. They were very good to his mother from a financial perspective and really were a massive assistance in bringing his family up.

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on November 07, 2016, 04:10:53 PM
Was reading about a high profile fella in the political ring who is in them and was a bit shocked by some of the things they do.  Spirit Cooking. Look that up if you want to lose your breakfast

Worst
October
Surprise
Ever.

I predict evidence will emerge by midnight that Hillary is the daughter of Satan. Or the father of Satan. Or the Kenyan surrogate mother of Satan.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on November 07, 2016, 04:24:27 PM

Worst
October
Surprise
Ever.

I predict evidence will emerge by midnight that Hillary is the daughter of Satan. Or the father of Satan. Or the Kenyan surrogate mother of Satan.
Purposely not going in to politics muppet - just genuinely curious of people's experience
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on November 07, 2016, 04:31:36 PM

Worst
October
Surprise
Ever.

Purposely not going in to politics muppet - just genuinely curious of people's experience

In fairness I haven't seen you on that thread in a while.  :D

To answer the question, I am not aware of anyone I know being a mason.

MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Or the Kenyan surrogate mother of Satan.

You really shouldn't call Obama names like that. He's bad but not that bad.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Puckoon

I know quite a few through family ties over here. No spirit cooking with those folks.

omaghjoe

Know a couple of people in them and attended a few functions of theirs, in the US.

Seem to be a harmless bunch of old people TBF.

I was kinda surprised that they are deemed to be a religion and (maybe rather paradoxily?) state that there are no false religions

Aristo 60

I was at a funeral once and I spotted a few boys in white gloves etc. Didn't know they were masons at the time.

Anyway there was a young white glove wearing lad at the funeral (younger than me by a few years anyway) who I knew was a rising star at a very large firm I had worked for going back a few years.

It could have been his natural ability and intelligence that made him the rising star of course. Who knows.

What I can say for sure for sure is that he was no oil painting, yet he managed to be the poster boy on the firm's publicity material. When I saw the white gloves on him all those years later, it all made perfect sense. 

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on November 07, 2016, 04:52:18 PM
I know quite a few through family ties over here. No spirit cooking with those folks.
In fairness I don't think they are allowed to talk about much. The lad I knew back home who's Dad was in it said there were a lot of rituals ( he mentioned one about being locked in a coffin) where they were not allowed to tell.  All harmless at the start, business club, good old boys club, then the further and deeper you go...

BennyCake

Orange Order / Masons, just the same. Enough said.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

seafoid

The masons have a house in Gorey.  A pity they weren't in charge of the banks in the run up to 2008
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on November 07, 2016, 05:34:21 PM
Orange Order / Masons/ knights of the Columbanus, just the same. Enough said.

Fixed that for you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea