Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on May 22, 2018, 01:47:12 PM
I've previously heard Martin say three different contradictory things in the space of a single sentence.
I wouldn't pay too much heed to him.
Is that not a part of what it is to be Irish?
But I suppose the Norman influence must persist over in de Ryle county
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trileacman

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 22, 2018, 01:45:55 PM
What are the thoughts on Mairtin Beag's revelations yesterday: https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0521/964991-mchugh-mickey-harte-is-really-under-pressure/

"The home work the management has done has been great. Malachy O'Rourke and Ryan Porter weren't going to games in Monaghan to look for players. They went to Tyrone club matches to see what they could pick up instead."

"That's the level management has gone to. They won the battle on the sideline hands down by doing things like that."

Is this on a par with Devenney's pubic assertion that McManus was not gonna feature or does Martin just like to say something different for the sake of it?

Would MOR and Ryan Porter have spent time (unnoticed) at Tyrone league games, really?  ???

Told us one time that Gooch was a one trick pony. Haven't listened to a word he's said since.

Looking forward to jimmy's analysis of the match, he's now about the only worthwhile analyst.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: square_ball on May 22, 2018, 02:19:49 PM
What are the thoughts on Mairtin Beag's revelations yesterday: https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0521/964991-mchugh-mickey-harte-is-really-under-pressure/

"The home work the management has done has been great. Malachy O'Rourke and Ryan Porter weren't going to games in Monaghan to look for players. They went to Tyrone club matches to see what they could pick up instead."

"That's the level management has gone to. They won the battle on the sideline hands down by doing things like that."

Is this on a par with Devenney's pubic assertion that McManus was not gonna feature or does Martin just like to say something different for the sake of it?

Would MOR and Ryan Porter have spent time (unnoticed) at Tyrone league games, really?  ???

I'd safely say that is a load of nonsense. I honestly don't know what they would gain or learn by going to Tyrone club league games?

Porter, being a Tyrone man and ORourke, who lives in Tyrone, would regularly go to Tyrone club championship games im sure.
Porter would already have a good knowledge of the tyrone players from his time in tyrone club football with dromore
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

square_ball

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 22, 2018, 03:27:25 PM
Quote from: square_ball on May 22, 2018, 02:19:49 PM

I'd safely say that is a load of nonsense. I honestly don't know what they would gain or learn by going to Tyrone club league games?

Porter, being a Tyrone man and ORourke, who lives in Tyrone, would regularly go to Tyrone club championship games im sure.
Porter would already have a good knowledge of the tyrone players from his time in tyrone club football with dromore

The way McHugh is spinning it then you'd think this was the winning and losing of the game. I've no doubt they take in the odd championship game but just don't see them watching Tyrone league games being a key component in them beating Tyrone. As you say they'd have seen plenty of them over the years to build up a knowledge of them. MCHugh talking nonsense me thinks.

longballin

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 22, 2018, 08:02:21 AM
Quote from: longballin on May 22, 2018, 12:27:25 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 22, 2018, 12:13:10 AM
Quote from: longballin on May 21, 2018, 11:20:36 PM
Quote from: DickyRock on May 21, 2018, 10:38:30 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 21, 2018, 09:46:42 PM
Hearing a lot about it being a great game. I know we were beat but even during the match myself and fellas around me all agreed it was a bit dull. Some great scores but no massive intensity or atmosphere.

Agree with that. Thought the first half it was pensive. Not a big fan of matching the zone. Hard to watch and little contact in the middle of the pitch.

I thought the crowd was quiet as well until the last 5/10mins

Well thank God to hear that as I got lambasted here last nite for daring to suggest it was a poor game and many I've met who were there thought the same.
Sensitive soul, you must have replied a dozen times yesterday on just how crap you thought  the game was and anybody who thought different hasn't a clue. Nobody lambasted you, mostly you were ignored despite your obsession with the reply button.

I just couldn't believe that county football is in such a state that so many thought it was a great game. I suppose you're right I am too sensitive - I was crestfallen for those poor souls  :'(

If you thought that was a poor game I honestly think you'd be safer giving up on football. A very good game full of quality play and excellent scores contested by two good teams. Wides were limited and the result was in the balance up until the last 5 minutes with the underdog eventually winning. GAA fans are like no other sports fans in that they seem to expect some kind of perfect game every time they watch a match and every time there is a poor game football is finished.

Any time I read your posts you seem to be talking negatively about Tyrone/Mickey Harte or football in general. Would you not be safer not following the games if they give you such a sense of negativity? Personally I love Tyrone and love to see them doing well and really like football, that's why I watch it. I don't have any real interest in rugby for example so I rarely watch it or rarely talk about it. I'd have thought that was just a logical thing to do.

I have seen good games recently but if you think Tyrone havent been negative you're letting your 'love' get in the way of reason.  ::)

skeog

Martin Mc Hugh  bullsh...... he usually comes out with the one (word on the street) before games to make people think he knows all.Monaghan management watching club football probably to get out of domestic chores.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: seafoid on May 22, 2018, 05:24:54 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0522/965299-jordan-cavanagh-harte/

From that article: "I see no reason why Tyrone can't get themselves to the Super 8 and, in a way, going through the qualifiers has improved their chance of making the semi-final as they will avoid Dublin. The Leinster and Ulster champions are due to meet in one Super 8 group."

That is wrong - they MAY avoid Dublin.  If Tyrone get to the Super 8's, they have a 50/50 chance of being in Dublin's group - it all depends on which beaten provincial finalist Tyrone play in Round 4.  If they play (and beat) the Munster or Connacht final loser then they go into the group with the Leinster champions.

You would think someone would check these things before publishing (not necessarily the author).

omaghjoe

Quote from: skeog on May 22, 2018, 05:38:58 PM
Martin Mc Hugh  bullsh...... he usually comes out with the one (word on the street) before games to make people think he knows all.Monaghan management watching club football probably to get out of domestic chores.

Would say that's the case for Porter alright he's got two sets of twins at home  :P

Main Street

The tyronist intifada has been issued against big Sean, who stands accused by Jordan of team Tyrone bashing in order to further the sales of a book, his pundit career and of  being inspired  by  the lowest pundit scúm on the planet,  Joe Brolly :) That's the way to respond to criticism in Tyrone.
Jordan puts Monaghan's victory entirely down to the contribution of Beggan and McManus over and above their Tyrone counterparts, not anything to do with Tyrone management/coaching/system of play.

outsideoftheboot

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 22, 2018, 07:03:14 PM

From that article: "I see no reason why Tyrone can't get themselves to the Super 8 and, in a way, going through the qualifiers has improved their chance of making the semi-final as they will avoid Dublin. The Leinster and Ulster champions are due to meet in one Super 8 group."

That is wrong - they MAY avoid Dublin.  If Tyrone get to the Super 8's, they have a 50/50 chance of being in Dublin's group - it all depends on which beaten provincial finalist Tyrone play in Round 4.  If they play (and beat) the Munster or Connacht final loser then they go into the group with the Leinster champions.

You would think someone would check these things before publishing (not necessarily the author).

What I took from that, is that he meant if you win ulster you are automatically drawn in the same group as Dublin? but going through back door there's a good chance to avoid them?

southtyronegael

If you win ulster you go into the same group as Dublin which is a good thing imo. You can afford to get beat by Dublin, win the other 2 games thus quality for semi and avoid Dublin again til the final.

Maroon Manc

Darragh O'Se doesn't think the Monaghan panel is strong enough to come through the super 8's in his article today.

blewuporstuffed

The monaghan squad looks stronger this year than it has in a number of years.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either