Croke Park Bag Policy

Started by balladmaker, August 29, 2019, 12:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

I know Croke Park has a policy regarding bringing a bag into the stadium.  How strictly is it enforced and do you think there'd be any issues with bringing a Cúl Camp sized backpack into the stadium?

The young fella is attending Sunday's final with me, and we plan on having a bag to carry jackets (if they're not needed), a few snacks etc.  Thanks in advance.

The Bearded One

Absolutely no issue with a backpack that size, we regularly bring them in. They barely search them these days, a token gesture when the queue is quiet.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Newbridge Exile

Yep defintely no issue with a Cul camp back pack

fearsiuil

Just be prepared to queue bit longer before turnstiles.

guy crouchback

i brought a bag into the mayo dublin game no problem at all queue took about 20 seconds, have the bag off your back and open, quick glance in, gone through. i think they are just looking for cans, bottles.

marty34

I bring a small A4 sized Trespass rucksack into CP. No problems at all.  They seperate people with bags (informally) just outside the turnstiles.

Quick look inside - I usually have a plastic bottle and a few sandwiches and crisps etc. Only takes 20 seconds.

I go in early before minor game so no rush or panic at that time obviously but may be busier closer to game as bigger crowds start to come in.

theticklemister

Balladmaker, make sure there's enough room in the bag for a few Palestinian flags

balladmaker

Thanks everyone for the replies ... Cúl camp backpack it is.

Quote from: theticklemister on August 29, 2019, 06:52:21 PM
Balladmaker, make sure there's enough room in the bag for a few Palestinian flags

No room left due to the 'Border Poll Now' banner!