Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theyellowbus

Nail on the head Oldira. My question is though why aren't we trying to address this it cant all be finances?
We seem to be happy when we put in a few good performances against decent opposition and then when we get the living shit kicked out of us by a good side we entertein the sure we arnet at that level yet.
Why the f**k arent we is my question?
We talk the talk when it suits us but then we accept mediocrity when the chicken comes home to roost.
We learned absolutely nothing from the second Mayo game last year or the Kerry League semi the year before.
We should have won the connacht final this year but kicked some desperate wides.
Galway won and did they accept that no they knew they played poorly and looked at their croke park performance last year and learned from it and grew a pair.
We arent doing that we hope when meet a top that they have an off day and then maybe we try and outscore them.

Jayop

Oldira are you talking about Tyrone abuse towards Rossies in general or just on here?

If you're talking about in general then I just don't see it anywhere. If you're talking about it in here there's no animosity from Tyrone towards all but one Rosscommon fan and he brought that on himself.

Oldira

Just on here. Never met a Tyrone fan that abused any Rossie. I see the lad you are talking but you cant direct annoyance at Roscommon fans over one clown.   

Jayop

Quote from: Oldira on July 16, 2018, 05:01:40 PM
Just on here. Never met a Tyrone fan that abused any Rossie. I see the lad you are talking but you cant direct annoyance at Roscommon fans over one clown.

I honestly don't think people were, and if they were doing so they certainly shouldn't. I have no bad blood with Rossie fans. I've lived in Connaught for most of my life now and know loads of Rossies (my brother married one) and they're great gaels. Totally mad about the game and a bit mad in general too.

Rossfan

We're not too mad now. ;D
As for Finance I feel our CB/Club Rossie aren't going after the diaspora many of whom have made good and would be delighted to help out.
We have one helping but he offered himself as far as I know.
50 or 60 well heeled people throwing maybe 5k per annum to foot bills for S&C,   fitness, hire of facilities etc would help in a big way.
Looking for €230 Club Rossie memberships in one go in a poor backwater like Ros is not conducive to maximising finance.
Why not a direct debit at €20 per month for the ordinary  Joes and Josephines?.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jayop

Yeah a DD option would make life a hell of a lot easier for people.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2018, 05:57:33 PM
As for Finance I feel our CB/Club Rossie aren't going after the diaspora many of whom have made good and would be delighted to help out.
50 or 60 well heeled people throwing maybe 5k per annum to foot bills for S&C,   fitness, hire of facilities etc would help in a big way.
Looking for €230 Club Rossie memberships in one go in a poor backwater like Ros is not conducive to maximising finance.

I have to admire your optimism, you might get the odd one but wealthy businessmen won't give 5k away with nothing in return. You're spot on about club rossie but in fairness you can say the same about the majority of county boards. There's a lot of weatlhy businessmen in the UK and in the States from the West who could help if county boards were more creative.

Rossfan

Well we have one allegedly giving  more than €5k away and doesn't blow about it as he's a fan.
We need to appeal to County pride etc and these lads will come good.

westbound

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2018, 05:57:33 PM

There was an option to pay over 4 months by DD if you signed up before March.

Also, there was a DD option to pay over 12 months (possibly 10 months - I can't remember exactly) in one of the first years of club rossie, But the ordinary Joes and Josphines stopped their DD's as soon as the club rossie draw was held!

Maybe there should be a DD option for a supporters club but you won't get the casual observer to sign up to a DD for a supporters club. You'll get the hardcore supporters to contribute anyway.

Perhaps the club rossie draw and the supporters club portion of club rossie should be separated out? But I would guess it's the big prizes that get most contributors to part with their €100 or €230, and not the chance to have a Roscommon sticker on their car.

Rossfan

Have the draw at Christmas for all fully paid up members then.
At least the casual/bandwagon crowd would have to keep paying in then.
€20 a month Gold and €10 a month Bronze.