The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 11, 2019, 12:15:13 PM
To be fair, I remember seeing a segment on Nadal on Trans World Sport when he was a teenager and he was clearly an outrageous talent.
The juice factor for these lads is obviously about stamina recovery from matches and injury, rather than skill level. The tennis tour is absolutely punishing at the top level so I'd say they take whatever "marginal gain" they can.

imtommygunn

Probably like sprinters really. The drugs won't make them quicker but they will improve muscle repair etc enabling them to train or compete harder. I suspect the epo like drugs more beneficial to endurance rather than the short burst sports(though would have some value I guess).

All speculation mind. They may or may not be on anything. Like farah, I suspect, we will never really know.

Any which way those top 3 are absolute machines.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2019, 01:21:17 PM
Probably like sprinters really. The drugs won't make them quicker but they will improve muscle repair etc enabling them to train or compete harder. I suspect the epo like drugs more beneficial to endurance rather than the short burst sports(though would have some value I guess).

All speculation mind. They may or may not be on anything. Like farah, I suspect, we will never really know.

Any which way those top 3 are absolute machines.

And Nadal is the one whose body has broken down and has had to miss many tournaments year on year with physical issues. If doping was the issue at hand I'd be more concerned in looking at the guys who are to play consistently injury free over years.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2019, 12:39:43 PM
There's some french guy who has a real beef with Nadal over a six to seven month injury absence in 2012 and is adamant it was to prevent himself getting done. I think it has either ended in court or threats of it.

It was a lady, former French Sports minister and she was forced to pay damages to Nadal after it went to court.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Wow can't believe a 37 year old (38 next month) beat the best player in the world !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

imtommygunn

Great viewing. Fantastic watching a battle like that with two guys so good at what they do.

Milltown Row2

Amazing tennis. The best three players meeting in the last stages showing that Wimbledon got it right.

Novak will fancy his chances but there's life in the old dog yet.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

under the bar

GOAT professional sportsperson probably. Still beating world no 1s at his game  when others would be long retired.

macdanger2

Is Federer on drugs? At 37, it's hard to take him at face value

JimStynes

Tennis is as bad a cycling for drugs ffs

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 13, 2019, 12:05:58 AM

So if they are all at it then there's no one getting an upperhand?

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2019, 12:27:17 AM

Don't think it works like that! Some react better with drugs, some have better pharmacist, some are clean and some get caught. Have a read at some of the stuff on operation peurto and Nadal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 13, 2019, 12:34:03 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 13, 2019, 12:27:17 AM

Don't think it works like that! Some react better with drugs, some have better pharmacist, some are clean and some get caught. Have a read at some of the stuff on operation peurto and Nadal.

But Nadal is clean