Building a house

Started by JimStynes, February 26, 2011, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim abu

Quote from: Hereiam on February 27, 2015, 02:26:16 PM
Has the access being formed along with visibility splays. Its important that a building control application was made and the building control were out to look at the foundations as this is the paper trial needed if there are any problems further down the line.

100% correct, I work in Building Control, biggest problem we have is going back to properties where work has been carried out with no BC applications, inspections or records. We then have to carry out a regularisation which physically can't inspect or see everything.

redzone

Does a house need the building control passed in north. living 2 years and I mighten bother if I can get away with it. what are the implications if I don't bother. anybody I know that build a house thas last 5 yrs hasn't bother completing the snagging list

johnneycool

Quote from: redzone on March 03, 2015, 03:19:46 PM
Does a house need the building control passed in north. living 2 years and I mighten bother if I can get away with it. what are the implications if I don't bother. anybody I know that build a house thas last 5 yrs hasn't bother completing the snagging list

You'll not be able to sell it, other than that, I can't think of anything.

cockahoop

have you already claimed your VAT

redzone

Quote from: cockahoop on March 03, 2015, 03:53:06 PM

have you already claimed your VAT

yeah,id a letter from the mortgage compny stating the the final payment had been handed over

aontroim abu

first thing a solicitor asks for should you wish to sell it on will be the certificates, without Building Control certificates you wont be allowed to. Also you could get into a whole lot of bother for carrying out illegal works.

the snagging list is a personal thing, whether you're happy enough with the standard of work or not, its nothing to do with BC

Hereiam

Building control can start legal proceedings if they cant get the information they require to issue a final certificate.

aontroim abu

Quote from: Hereiam on March 03, 2015, 04:33:24 PM
Building control can start legal proceedings if they cant get the information they require to issue a final certificate.

Correct

laoislad

Quote from: BenDover on February 24, 2015, 02:53:24 PM
Aye I'm getting my hands on a twin axle van to lift the load. With the size and the weight of these things do they need joined up when being laid or is it a case of lay them level and flush to each other and that's it sorted? I priced a firm who put the flooring into my mates gym and for nearly the same tile 1m x 1m x 40mm they were after €36 + Vat, these are a bargain.

Did you get those tiles after?
Still haven't put down mine yet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BenDover

Yes I have them, not laid them myself yet. Garden currently getting dug out and drainage put in. once that's all sorted I'll be laying them. They're some job hope they come as well after a scrub with diluted bleach & water and a power hose

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BenDover on March 12, 2015, 08:46:01 AM
Yes I have them, not laid them myself yet. Garden currently getting dug out and drainage put in. once that's all sorted I'll be laying them. They're some job hope they come as well after a scrub with diluted bleach & water and a power hose
You shoring the garden yourself or getting someone to do it? Ours is a f**king mire at the minute.

North Man

Obtained planning permission for a new house.
Considering a log burner for the heating with the renewable heat incentive now available in the North.
Have anyone any opinion on same, or what other form of heating system would be recommended.

redzone

any plumbers on here. large tank in attic (cold water) seems to be constanley flowing,although a very light flow. When I push the ball c**k up fully it lessens the flow but only slightly. Do I need a new ball c**k or will the washer just need replaced. Where do I turn of the supply to the tank. Under the kitchen sink?

Hereiam

Most likely its dirt in the valve or a seal is worn. Turn water off usually under the sink and remove the valve and take a look at it if you don't see any dirt/grit check the seal.

mb80b60

Quote from: North Man on March 12, 2015, 10:18:39 PM
Obtained planning permission for a new house.
Considering a log burner for the heating with the renewable heat incentive now available in the North.
Have anyone any opinion on same, or what other form of heating system would be recommended.

Do you have any more details on this North Man?