NTL- Is yours working

Started by Square Ball, January 24, 2007, 09:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

now that im being forced to go with the alternative i see the beauty in ntl.
At least you just have to deal with 1 inept customer support system.

Ive been dealing with BT to get the phone line which was a disaster, now i have to go to sky. Was going to use them for tv and internet package (£26) but they are at capacity on that scheme so itll have to be £21 for tv AND £17 for internet if i do go with them.

Square Ball

my broadband was out last nigh from about half nine and still wasnt working this morning, any one else?

I know that some wont be able to answer this as they wont have access.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

stpauls

Quote from: Square Ball on December 18, 2007, 08:08:19 AM
my broadband was out last nigh from about half nine and still wasnt working this morning, any one else?

as long as it is not just me, at least i can access this from work! any idea what's causing it as my tv and phone is working fine?

FermPundit

Quote from: Square Ball on December 18, 2007, 08:08:19 AM

I'm in Belfast and my broadbrand was down last night as well. I got it working this evening though when I came home from work but it keeps cutting out on me  :-\
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Lecale2

TG4 has gone blank on NTL/Virgin. What's going on?

All the other channels are OK.

Square Ball

same thing happened last night as well, was still on in the Paradox?

Square Ball

Got tthis e-mail from Virgin

We like to give our customers the best service we possibly can. That's why we're upgrading your broadband speed from up to 4Mb to up to 10Mb - free. No catch. No strings attached.

An album in a minute
If you thought 4Mb was pretty speedy, wait 'til you try 10Mb. You can download an MP3 music track in under 5 seconds (about the time it took to read that last sentence). A whole album takes less than a minute. And if you put the kettle on, you can download an episode of your favourite soap before it's even boiled - under 5 minutes for half an hour's telly.

Get ready for up to 10Mb
Your upgrade will happen automatically. No forms to fill or phone numbers to ring. And because Virgin Broadband comes via fibre optic cable (not telephone wires) your speed isn't dependent on how close you are to a telephone exchange. It's all part of our continuous investment in bringing you the fastest, easiest-to-use broadband in the UK.

The upgrade will start during February and will roll out region by region until the end of the summer. Keep an eye on the roll out plan at virginmedia.com/evenfaster for the latest news on your switchover date.

Can you make your Virgin Broadband even faster?
Your connection. Using a wireless or USB connection can slow you down. We recommend using the Ethernet cable in your starter kit; it's faster, less temperamental, and easier to install.

Your PC. To get the most from our broadband service, we recommend your computer has certain specifications. You can find out if yours meets the requirements within our frequently asked questions at virginmedia.com/evenfaster.

anyone been upgraded yet?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

No upgrade.

What the fcuk is the problem with TG4, screen still blank, have rang, waiting on techies getting back to me.
Tbc....

Square Ball

Exactly, what is the problem? when thee is a live match they seem to block the signal.

tyssam5

"less temperamental"  :D

Great stuff from a company providing a technical service.

AFS

Quote from: Square Ball on February 17, 2008, 12:51:54 AM
Exactly, what is the problem? when thee is a live match they seem to block the signal.

Same thing happens whenever RTE are broadcasting Lost or Prison Break. There's obviously some legal issue over who has the exclusive rights in the UK.

Square Ball

Was searching for something and came across this from 9 years ago. Seemed a big deal to get from 4 to 10mb. Getting over 100 now and from memory all the upgrades have been free. Only this week went from 70 to 100 again for free.