Ulster Inter Firms GAA

Started by Broken_Cross, October 04, 2007, 02:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken_Cross

Quote from: orangeman on November 04, 2007, 10:38:30 PM
Broken Cross - give us a bit of the scandal ! lol

I have had confirmation this morning that the council did turn up not in their kit but indeed wearing Official Donegal County GAA kit. Also they landed with a squad of over 25 players of which some are Donegal Seniors (Awaiting photos for confirmation of who) and captained by Niall Gallahger.

One of my contacts tell me that the final score was 9-19 to 1-05 but this scoreline varies depending on which side you ask.

The only question that looms is that of players registration and club level, I know there is an official registration process as this is on the website but I though there was a limit on the number of seniors that can field??

As for the City team most of their players are not playing club football nevermind county. I guess this explains the scoreline!

Broken_Cross

Quote from: Orior on November 05, 2007, 12:05:07 AM
Citi group would have a few Antrim nearly men playing for them. Maybe they let a couple of Anglos play, or worse still, a few pratestants.

Poor.

illdecide

My mate plays for BCC so i just e-mailed him there and told him he can expect a mauling from the Donegal men. :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Broken_Cross

Quote from: illdecide on November 05, 2007, 01:42:49 PM
My mate plays for BCC so i just e-mailed him there and told him he can expect a mauling from the Donegal men. :D :D :D

Bit late for that illdecide - that was the other semi-final and Donegal beat BCC. But if you read back you will see that BCC should have beaten Donegal.
Also, City beat BCC in the Antrim final - draw your own conclusions.

illdecide

Quote from: Broken_Cross on November 05, 2007, 01:54:35 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 05, 2007, 01:42:49 PM

Bit late for that illdecide - that was the other semi-final and Donegal beat BCC. But if you read back you will see that BCC should have beaten Donegal.
Also, City beat BCC in the Antrim final - draw your own conclusions.

Sorry about that i didnt read it half :-[

Why was the Ulster council not mentioned anywhere in it. I'm pretty sure D Marsden won it with the Ulster Council either last year or the year b4 (i don't know at what level)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Deal_Me_In

Just to set the record straight, Donegal didn't turn up in the Donegal Kit they purchased a new kit, in the donegal away colours for the Semi-final against BCC. This is the kit they used for the final.

I heard that the starting 15 for DC all play senior club footabll and that there are 4 involved in the Donegal County panel. DCC had 18 players for the semi against BCC and 25 for the final. Cit have a couple of Senior club players in Antrim but some of these players were not available due to work commitments and Ulster Club commitments for St.Galls on Sunday.

I have a photo of the donegal team but it is all blurred and you are unable to recognise any of the faces. I have tried to attach it but it is too large to upload (2.3MB)

Ulster Council were not able to enter a team due to the new rules that the team must consist of players working in the same county i.e Ulster council were are based in various locations so couldn't enter players that work in Armagh, Down etc.

JOEPPT

Ulster Council played last year and done very well. Since they were not based in one county there was talk could not enter this year. All the county coaches are linked to GAA HQ in Armagh so there i talk that they will enter next year with any of the outlying footballers being brought under that location. Cant see it happen. Cause too much hassle for U Council above all teams to be sen to bend the rules

rory

I was on that Northbrook team...it was Cork Garda we played in the all-ireland semi. We were the first team from ulster to participate in the all-ireland interfirms. They had loads of ex-county players...Don Davis for example playing and some more current players...Johnny Crowley as mentioned. Its taken seriously down there and its been running a lot longer. We were beat by 14 points I think, but it was a good experience all the same.

You still work for Northbrook

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: JOEPPT on November 07, 2007, 03:08:46 PM
Ulster Council played last year and done very well. Since they were not based in one county there was talk could not enter this year. All the county coaches are linked to GAA HQ in Armagh so there i talk that they will enter next year with any of the outlying footballers being brought under that location. Cant see it happen. Cause too much hassle for U Council above all teams to be sen to bend the rules

For this very rule, I thought the Fire Service would have been ommitted, as they have players from Omagh, Cookstown & Armagh, yet I think they said they were all based in Lisburn or something...dodgy!

Surely if the Donegal team had as many senior footballers they should be in the senior C'ship...alsong with Powerscreen, Quinn's & SDC...  :-\

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on November 08, 2007, 01:24:28 PM
Surely if the Donegal team had as many senior footballers they should be in the senior C'ship...alsong with Powerscreen, Quinn's & SDC...  :-\

Apparently because it is their fist year in teh competition they had to be in the Junior division but with the standard at their disposal surely it would have been more appropriate to place them straight into the senior.

Deal_Me_In

Below is the team taken from the match report on the interfirms website:

DCC Team:- Tony Blake, Frank Flynn, Patrick McFadden, Hugh Gallagher, Barry Nelis, Martin Temple, John Doherty, Neil Gallagher, Jamie Gallagher, Frank McGlynn, Trevor Alcorn, Ciaran Dowds (Capt), Michael Gallagher, Ciaran Moy, Shaun Murphy, Subs:- Patrick McLaughlin, Mark Gallagher, Ardal McDermott, Kevin Lake, Michael McGarvey, Shaun Campbell, Damien McDermott, Brendan Walsh, Stephen Sims, Liam Ward.

J70

Neil Gallagher would be the only current first-choice Donegal senior on that team. Frank McGlynn is a back-up wing-back, while Tony Blake retired from intercounty football four or five years ago.

ClannMan

So any word on who DCC will be playing in the next round of the All Ireland? Would DCC have a good chance of winning the competition?

tbrick18

Quote from: rory on November 07, 2007, 04:53:04 PM

I was on that Northbrook team...it was Cork Garda we played in the all-ireland semi. We were the first team from ulster to participate in the all-ireland interfirms. They had loads of ex-county players...Don Davis for example playing and some more current players...Johnny Crowley as mentioned. Its taken seriously down there and its been running a lot longer. We were beat by 14 points I think, but it was a good experience all the same.

You still work for Northbrook

aye