Ulster Minor Final - Derry v Tyrone

Started by ONeill, June 25, 2007, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

That must be some Derry defence - 0-3 against Antrim and 0-1 against Monaghan. They also won every game in the Minor League. I'm sure they'll be hot favourites for this, although the gradual integration of the Omagh CBS Hogan men will help Tyrone. Promises to be a fascinating contest between two high class underage outfits and no matter the outcome, I wouldn't be surprised to see them meet again in September.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Should be a cracker indeed, and that's some impressive defending in those two games (it would appear). 
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

oakleafgael

Antrim where as poor a minor team as I have seen and Monaghan where no better. Derry go into the match completly untested. They look a good team but we wont know how good until they are asked a few serious questions. Tyrone struggled early in the year without the Brother's contingent and the Vocational schools players. They have had long enough since to sort out their best team.

It has the makings of a close game with the safety net of another game for the losers. One to watch out for in the derry team is McGeehan, a younger version of Geoffrey who runs straight for goal. James Kielt at CHF is a classy player who will need to be on his game if Derry are to win. The two big midfielders fell asleep a couple of times yesterday and will need to be sharper the next day. Actually, its one of the biggest minor teams I have ever seen.

Maximus Marillius

Did Kielt play at CHF against Antrim? Its hard to believe that Down beat Cavan, then Monaghan beat Down and obviously Derry then beat them. What does it say for the others. This si a good Derry team. I have to say I really like Moores movement and handling.

oakleafgael

Max,

Kielt played as a 3rd midfielder against Antrim if I mind right, im just about dried out so I caould be wrong. He can play at midfield, CHF or FF and be equally effective. Niall Conway could do better with the seniors than the current incumbent imo.

aontroim

Kielt was playing No 8 against Antrim. Was the class act on show that day, but there were several yesterday. McGeehan was excellent - wins a lot of high ball against taller opponents.

loughshore lad

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2007, 12:08:24 PM
Niall Conway could do better with the seniors than the current incumbent imo.

Surely things cant be that bad?? Niall Conway for Derry manager??

This could be a cracker. Havent saw Derry play but apparently they are a good team. Tyrone have been impressive enough in the two games I have saw them play. Gavin McGeehan is a good player alright and will be worth watching - saw him play a few times for Ballinderry at underage level.

ONeill

Any updates on this fixture? Injuries or recoveries?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

oakleafgael

Not much noise coming out of either camp before the match on Sunday. Derry are due to name their team on Thursday night so more should be revealed then. Any news from the Redhands? I think that one of these two wont be far away in September.

orangeman

Watch out for the battering ram Mc Geehan -  a very strong lad for his age - he'll be very dangerous and will find the net if given half an opportunity.

Lone Shark

No hot favourites - Derry 5/6, Tyrone 6/5, 7/1 Draw - or a one point handicap with Tyrone favourites. Should be live on site by morning.

8/11 Derry and 1/1 Tyrone to take the title.

Apologies for the plug, but just in case ye were interested....

Norf Tyrone

I'm suprised the medja haven't picked up on the fact, or at least from what I could see, that the captain of Tyrone minors Aidan Gervin plays for Rock in division 3 of the Tyrone ACL.

The manager of Rock? Niall Conway who manages Derry minors this weekend!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

charlie stubbs

your boy moore impressed me from what i have seen so far

screenexile

Anyone know where I can hear a live commentary on this game?

Square Ball

seems to be a bit of controversy over a point in this game that wasn't a point, anyone seen it?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid