2 goals, no points

Started by bloody mary, May 14, 2007, 05:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloody mary

When was the last time a team scored 2 goals before they scored any points in a championship match as Down did in breffni. Maybe Donegal in 99 at home to Armagh, John Duffy hittin the net and benny tierney calling for a taxi to get him outta there.

Uladh

i thought donegal started goal-point-goal that day?

J70

Quote from: Uladh on May 14, 2007, 08:27:24 PM

i thought donegal started goal-point-goal that day?

I think you're right.

How many points did Kerry have up in last year's final when they got the second goal?

ONeill

They had 2 points on the board before the first goal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on May 14, 2007, 11:03:02 PM
They had 2 points on the board before the first goal.

Thank you

pedro

I know it's not on the county scene but what about the final score in the Louth SFC semi final between St. Patricks and Cooley in 2003 - 2-0 to 0-5 to the Pats. Surely this has to be some sort of record!! No points but just 2 goals to win a match!!
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

belleaqua

Quote from: pedro on May 14, 2007, 11:27:19 PM
I know it's not on the county scene but what about the final score in the Louth SFC semi final between St. Patricks and Cooley in 2003 - 2-0 to 0-5 to the Pats. Surely this has to be some sort of record!! No points but just 2 goals to win a match!!

What kinda f**kin wind was blowin that day??!!

Owenmoresider

Clann na nGael of Ros' managed just the two goals in one of their many AI club final defeats in the 1980's.

And though we did get points, our club won a minor final a few years back by scoring 4-3.

Fionntamhnach

I remember the I'll fated Ulster SFC semi-final between Tyrone and Derry that Tyrone were at one point only 2-1 on the scoreboard in the second half.

realredhandfan

Clonoe V carmen 2007 Championship preliminary round. 

Glensman

Think Antrim hurlers scored two goals before scoring a point on Sunday v London...

Spiritof98

Lads 1999 All-Ireland U-16 (C) final we(armagh) were beat 4-1 to 0-12 by Mayo, they got 2 penalties and we had 2 men sent off, fix, it still hurts! >:(
I'll go back if Marsdens back

realredhandfan

and that was the year that football began...

Uladh

Football began a ouple of years earlier when Martin O'Connell & Co taught you boys football, man style...

realredhandfan

Can you remember 89 and Omagh Uladh, and that second half with Grimley crying to the sideline to take him off.