Best GAA hairstyles since 1980 (large ball)!

Started by Jinxy, May 14, 2007, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Following on from the ginger thread (full of blonde players), I'm looking for outrageous hairstyles. You could probably pick an entire Tyrone team from the '80's and get 15 mullets but there'd be no fun in that. Someone start me off with a keeper. The bigger the hair the better!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

prewtna

sorry il start at corner forward - Anthony 'Larry' Finnerty at his prime in 89. oho what a perm he had.

Jinxy

Yeah Finnertys a shoe-in. Willie Joe will complete the Mayo representation at centre-forward. Unless we include Liam McHales "do" from the late '80's as well. It had a definite hint of "business up front, party behind" about it.

thebandit

Bubbles McNeill (Monaghan) - mid 80's goalie

AMayoSheep

Yea Finnerty and willie joe have to be in it and i suppose that kinda mullet that mchale had going around 1989.
Cant forget Ciarian Mc  and Conner Mort-and mayo lads do ye remember john casey around the u21 final in 1995 i think......mayo have had more than their fair share of dodgy hair doo's 8)

What about the bomber Liston with the whole big hair and beard combo and Gratham Gerathathy  and Brendan Ger O'Sullivan have had plenty of different things goin on through the years!

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

Plunkett is the captain and spiritual leader. John Lynch has to get a corner back spot too. Jesus, Tyrone were worse than Whitesnake back in those days. ;D

realredhandfan

interesting always wanted to know how Francie would fare against Geraghty

realredhandfan

Dont forget Bob Mc Nally as well.  the only man whos hair was always right was Mc cabe.

AMayoSheep

Ah i forgot your man from donegal....is it McGuinness is it ????

Played  in midfield and i thing used to play for T.I.T as well....looked like a head banger with the long black hair

Jinxy

So far we have,

1. Bubbles McNeill (Never saw him but quality nickname)
2. John Lynch
3. David Lyons
7. Colm Parkinson
8. Liam McHale
9. Jimmy McGuinness (Donegal)
10. Plunkett (because he's worth it)
11. Willie Joe Padden
12. Graham Geraghty (circa 2005)
13. Larry Finnerty
14. Mugsy
15. Conor Mortimer

Tyrone and Mayo dominating. Nice to see Mayo dominating something.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jinxy

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Uladh

Funny that its easier to find fancy forwards with the funky hairstyles than defenders!