BBC2 - The Championship

Started by spiritof91and94, May 14, 2007, 09:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Usual sub standard show as in previous years!
Mark Sidebottom must be the worst commentator ever - I thought Joe Cole played for Chelsea, but after Martin Cole replaced John Clarke on his first touch he duly informed us that Joe Cole was on  the ball!!!
McHugh must think he still has cavan blood in him.

Any comments?

Hank Everlast

thats it, commentry was a bit dire but i was happy enuf to see it atall!

ishotjr

As a gael living in England with sky digital and access to BBC 1 & 2 Northern Ireland, are there any Ulster Championship matches being shown live this year?  It'll keep me out of the pubs!!!

Scarface

First thing I have to say is that it is great to have some c'ship football on local tv. However the show is not great in itself - everything seemed to be rushed - McHugh talking much too fast and drifting across many different subjects - also Jerome continually talking over Burns annoys me. Then when they reviewed the match and showed you some of the highlights I was wiondering what they were trying to say - they were going on about how good Benny Coulter was and then they showed you him kicking a dreadful wide - it needs a lot of tidying up..

glens73

Quote from: ishotjr on May 14, 2007, 09:55:12 AM
As a gael living in England with sky digital and access to BBC 1 & 2 Northern Ireland, are there any Ulster Championship matches being shown live this year?  It'll keep me out of the pubs!!!

I live in the uk and watch all live champioiship games via Setanta - I pay a subscription of £15 per month. At best, BBC NI will possibly show the final live.

ishotjr

No, you don't get RTE or Network 2 through Sky over here.  £15 a month sounds ok for setanta, what do you get for that glens73?  Is it all the setanta channels?  If not, what channels do you need for the gaelic?