All Ireland Cub Title or All Ireland intercounty

Started by the Deel Rover, May 09, 2007, 12:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Dara o' se said that one of his saddest footballing days was when An Gaeltact lost the All Ireland Club Title.
If you were giving a choice between your club winning the All Ireland  or your county winning the All Ireland which would you choose.   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Uladh

An Cloch Scoilte

Definetly it would have to be the Club. The club is your grass roots, and these are the boys you learn to play football with on Saturday mornings at U-10 training, right up to playing Seniors.

Has to be club!!

prewtna

BRACKAVILLE07CHAMPS

C'MON THE ROES :-)

full back

Club, all day every day
I think it is an identity thing
Winning something with the lads you have grown up with from no age

the colonel

yeah def club for me, but ask the lads on the county teams. in antrim we have problems that players barely play for the clubs and dont care about meaningless games for the club and would rather play county any day. they love their day getting hammered at croke and 10 minutes on the sunday game
the difference between success and failure is energy

his holiness nb

I moved out of Dublin recently so switched clubs.
so its hard for me to "identify" as I havent grown up with these lads.
But I still say, in most cases, club is by far no1.
Its where the GAA "happens".

Ask me holy bollix

Kerry Mike

Club would be first preference, but that wont happen, as they are only a tiny novice club, lower than Junior. And even though we are part of the best Senior team in the county, we cant play in the AI club as we are a divisional team, so winning the intercounty is a good second preference most year !!!!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

screenmachine

i'd have a club county championship before county all ireland its been that long since we've won one.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 09, 2007, 12:31:23 PM
Dara o' se said that one of his saddest footballing days was when An Gaeltact lost the All Ireland Club Title.
If you were giving a choice between your club winning the All Ireland  or your county winning the All Ireland which would you choose.   

If one was to psychoanalyse your question Deel Rover and take into account your recent heartfelt comments about not making a county team 
one could conclude,
by the rousing support for club All-Irelands over county;
you guys winning a club All-Ireland in 2000/01 is much more important!
;D ;D ;D

Ballintubber could give the Intermediate AI a run this year with some luck!

Then again Im a dreamer...
::)

ziggysego

Has to be club title. Nothing in the world like it.
Testing Accessibility

Maximus Marillius

For us lads who were never good enough to play senior club never mind intercounty, I find the question easy...it has to be club because for all the reason already mentioned, but if you talked to those intercounty players who have been there or are perhaps close to it, they might have an entirely different perspective. Playing regularly in big games in Croke Park and stepping out in AII Ireland final day....it must be something else to

magpie seanie