Who will be the surprize package?

Started by The Claw, May 08, 2007, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRACKAVILLE07CHAMPS

yea a BIG surprise in store this year tyrone are once again gonna win the all ireland with the help of the back door of course???  :o
C'MON THE ROES :-)

blanketattack

Tipperary to be the surprise packet in hurling.
Armagh the other surprise team in hurling - a surprise that they've entered the Ulster championship to begin with. Fair dues to them.

Louth Exile

Great to see so many votes for the likes of Louth, Monaghan & Cavan

Given the way the draws are in thee out of the four provinces it is possible that we could have teams in the provincial finals that wouldn't normally be there, so I'll go for....
Leinster - Louth (well I had to, no shock if Laois make the final)
Ulster - Monaghan (here's hoping, mind you they will do well to beat Derry if they get that far)
Connacht - Roscommon (were worse than useless last year, big improvements, I think they are nailed on for a final place)

And again the big surprise will be Mayo winning Sam
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Quote from: 5iveTimes on May 11, 2007, 11:37:41 AM
Quote from: Louth Exile on May 11, 2007, 10:36:51 AM
And again the big surprise will be Mayo winning Sam

Louth played Mayo off the park in a challenge match during the week, won by 9 or 10 points, both teams at full strength.

Yet they stuggled to beat Antrim by 1 point, can never read to much into challenge matches I think
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

The True Rebel

It will be a the year of the Bridesmaids

Hurling                 Waterford

Football                Mayo

Munster Hurling     Cork
Leinster Hurling     Kilkenny
Ulster Hurling        Antrim

Munster Football    Kerry
Leinster Football    Dublin
Ulster Football       Donegal
Connacht Football  Mayo

mannix

I seen limerick hammmering tyrone but could not score,they ended up losing the game by 2 points. they have a top side up to number nine,if they improve a little they will knock out some bigshot.

High Ball

Cavan will make the Ulster Final but thats that, hopefully we will put up a good fight.

On the surprise front, its hard to tell.

I reckon Tyrone will win Ulster, Mayo in Connaught, Cork in Munster & Meath in Leinster.

Will it be Mayo or Donegals year? I think both will do well. Galway if they get the forwards going will do fairly well in the back door, mabe make a Semi with Mayo who will win if they play anyone bar Kerry in a Final, Kerry will win if they play anone bar Tyrone in a Final & Tyrone will win as long as they play anyone bar Mayo.

charlie stubbs

paddy cunningham is injured at the minute broken hand think out of derry game

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: the colonel on May 09, 2007, 12:08:53 PM
QuoteWaterford in the Hurling,

to consider the league champions a suprise package is crazy! they have been battering at the door for years now. i would say galway will be the suprise package after this years league campaign. tipp maybe not too far behind them.

Waterford would be a massive surprise way more than Galway
Galway have at least got too a few All Irelands in the past decade,Name last time Waterford even got to the final? So for that reason alone Waterford winning or even getting to an All Ireland would be a big surprise in my book
I wouldn't be too concerned about the fact they won the league,as i doubt Brian Cody is either
You'll Never Walk Alone.