Started by The Claw, May 08, 2007, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I was thinking Louth and Sligo too
Testing Accessibility

inthemaking

dont rule out wicklow. with mick o dwyer at the helm who knows

Kerry Mike

Mayo to surprise us all and finally win an All Ireland.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Lar Naparka

I'd love to agree with you, KM, but somehow I doubt it.
Mayo still have the self same problems that were obvious when John O'Mahony took over; namely the entire spine of the team is very unsettled and he is, after 5 months,  no nearer to fixing even one of the six positions in question.
I'm referring to the places right down the middle of the field from 3 to 14 and none of the six places in question seem to have been adequately filled.
Okay, if he has a full panel to pick from they will be a formidable side for any team to face but there will be too many fill-ins for Mayo to be fancied to go the whole way.

I think if we experience any major surprise packages this year we could well be looking at Louth or Meath.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mylestheslasher

Roscommon. I was impressed with them against Cavan in the semi final of Div 2 (although not so impressed with the final). I expect them to get to the connaught final and run whoever is in it close, or possible pull out a win.

Mid Mon

Monaghan have Hugh Mcelory back in action 7th top scorer in the country in '05 even though he spent at least 50% of the time on the bench, he should be a good help as it was our failure to take scores more so than the situation at full back which cost us against Meath in the league semi.

Full back is a problem area for us and our preformance in this area will be key to weather our not Monaghan are the surprise package of this years Championship.

Fancy a place for us in the Ulster final but with championship football you never know.

SimpleSimon

I would like to are monaghan do well and think on their day can. Other than that i' go with Roscommon

stew

Sligo will be the team that will emerge from the abyss the year, they have a tough start to the campaign ;) but I think they will win Connaught the year, they are well past due.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: cavanmaniac on May 08, 2007, 02:58:18 PM
Louth for me too, and possibly Kildare, although they're not exactly minnows or anything.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Sligo caught a few teams with their pants down as well.

1. Louth
2. Kildare
3. Sligo.

Jaz man thats a scary thought, better makes sure the Mayo dressing room is locked if we play them in the Connacht Final. Those sick Yeatsmen  :o

Surprise of the year will be for Kerry to win the A.I. again. What wont be a surprise is that they beat Mayo in September.

stew

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on May 08, 2007, 08:35:11 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on May 08, 2007, 02:58:18 PM
Louth for me too, and possibly Kildare, although they're not exactly minnows or anything.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't be surprised if Sligo caught a few teams with their pants down as well.

1. Louth
2. Kildare
3. Sligo.

Jaz man thats a scary thought, better makes sure the Mayo dressing room is locked if we play them in the Connacht Final. Those sick Yeatsmen  :o

Surprise of the year will be for Kerry to win the A.I. again. What wont be a surprise is that they beat Mayo in September.

Kerry will win the AI again.  :(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fishead_Sam

Now heres a question, if Kerry beat Meaningless Mayo (as it seems) to win the two in a row will their fans a crack us a smile and actually clelebrate.

Only thing worse for a fan when you get hammered yet again on the biggest day (Im sure same by 1000 for players) is for the opposition fans not really rate it and more of their fans leave early than your own.

johnpower

Surprise teams for me will be Cork  and Laois . Armagh will do a lot better than people expect . Tyrone ,Dublin and Donegal will be in the last 4.

darbyo

Monaghan to be the best of the less established teams, Laois, Cork and Donegal to most likely break the stranglehold of Kerry, Tyrone and Armagh.

The Real Laoislad

Waterford in the Hurling,While they are a big gun it would still be a surprise as they have failed so often and i think it's now or never for that team
Kildare in football,They might not be considered minnows but if they get to a Leinster Final it would mean beating Meath and Dublin
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the colonel

QuoteWaterford in the Hurling,

to consider the league champions a suprise package is crazy! they have been battering at the door for years now. i would say galway will be the suprise package after this years league campaign. tipp maybe not too far behind them.
the difference between success and failure is energy