National league final day. Tyrone v Cavan

Started by rrhf, April 03, 2016, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonzalo15

Quote from: ONeill on April 03, 2016, 11:34:39 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on April 03, 2016, 10:14:47 PM
That National League final in Clones in 2002 where 25159 attended. Things were about to kick off for Tyrone over the next few years. Cavan were all over Tyrone in the first half if my memory serves me right.

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6utbkUdTXU

Jesus, Canavan was mighty that day

Fuzzman

Funny how some players lose the ability to shoot properly.
Hub used to be often played at FF at underage and scored a good few points and goals but for years at MF he's shooting went way of radar.
The same can be said of Colm Cavanagh in the last few years too.
Used to get some good scores but usually now when he shoots you expect him to miss.
Any reasons for this?

Fuzzman

Was this the right team for that 2002 final?

P Ward, C Gormley, C Lawn, B Robinson, R McMenamin,  C Gourley, P.Jordan, C McAnallen, C Holmes, B Dooher, S O'Neill, G Cavlan, B McGuigan, K Hughes, P Canavan.

Where was P.Ward from again? Did Devine and Pascal come in the next year?

omagh_gael

omaghjoe

Jaysus Ward thats right, its hilarious now when you think about.

Dromore's Oz

Is he still doin nets for them these days?

Fuzzman

When was the last time Cavan beat Tyrone at senior level in league or championship?

Does Robinson still play for his club?
Cavlan was a joy to watch sometimes when in full flow.
Was weird seeing McGuigan at corner forward. Even back then there was a lot of swarming around a man and defensive systems in place.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on April 04, 2016, 03:16:34 PM
That National League final in Clones in 2002 where 25159 attended. Things were about to kick off for Tyrone over the next few years. Cavan were all over Tyrone in the first half if my memory serves me right.

Nope.

The thing that sticks in my mind about that day was Mcguigans stepover followed by Canavans backheel flick to an on running ricey.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyHarp

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 05, 2016, 12:41:57 PM

Nope.

The thing that sticks in my mind about that day was Mcguigans stepover followed by Canavans backheel flick to an on running ricey.

I was thinking about that the other day too and was going to trawl through that Youtube footage to find that incident. I wasn't sure if it was this game or the final v Laois the following year.
That was never a square ball!!

Gonzalo15

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 05, 2016, 01:14:19 PM

Nope.

I was thinking about that the other day too and was going to trawl through that Youtube footage to find that incident. I wasn't sure if it was this game or the final v Laois the following year.

skip to 1hr 22 mins in that video

clarshack

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 05, 2016, 11:52:52 AM
When was the last time Cavan beat Tyrone at senior level in league or championship?

I recall Cavan beat us in the league at O'Neill Park in 1997.  That Cavan win sent us into some kind of playoff with Meath which was played in Clones.

I cant remember any Cavan wins against us since in league or championship, however maybe someone will correct me. It definitely hasn't happened in championship since then anyway, though Cavan did get a draw against us in the 2005 ulster semi.

sensethetone

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 04, 2016, 05:51:08 PM
Was this the right team for that 2002 final?

P Ward, C Gormley, C Lawn, B Robinson, R McMenamin,  C Gourley, P.Jordan, C McAnallen, C Holmes, B Dooher, S O'Neill, G Cavlan, B McGuigan, K Hughes, P Canavan.

Where was P.Ward from again? Did Devine and Pascal come in the next year?

Devine played some matches in 02, I think he started against Derry in Casement but got injured and then Ward came on for him.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Gonzalo15 on April 05, 2016, 02:06:22 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 05, 2016, 01:14:19 PM

Nope.

skip to 1hr 22 mins in that video

Cheers, that saved me a bit of time searching! Class! 😀
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Pity Ricey didn't catch the flick and score from it as it was a lovely bit of skill which you never see in GAA much.

I remembered it but didn't realise it was in a NFL final. If the Dubs did it today there would be huge talk about it.

Didn't Canavan score a point or goal with his head one day out in America or did I dream that?

Jinxy

Have any of the Cavan lads been on to say they don't care about winning this yet?
I remember the year Monaghan beat us (in comical circumstances) in the Division 2 final.
It was like an All-Ireland to them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Quote from: Jinxy on April 05, 2016, 04:07:57 PM
Have any of the Cavan lads been on to say they don't care about winning this yet?
I remember the year Monaghan beat us (in comical circumstances) in the Division 2 final.
It was like an All-Ireland to them.

You don't belong here Meath man.

Anyway I'm waiting for Tyrone boys to fill 10 pages about peter caravan before I make my prediction by how much Cavan will win by.