18 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
19 – Conal McCann – Coill an Chochair
20 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
21 – Shea McGuigan – Ard Bó
22 – Emmett McKenna – Eaglais
23 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
24 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
25 – Cathal McShane – E R Uí Néill
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

McNamee and Hughes a surprise for me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on January 29, 2015, 09:58:04 PM

Both earned there start based on mckenna cup. Mcnamme seems to be improving as he goes along. Thought justy deserved a start.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not so much Mc Namee on his most recent shifts in that slot, but Hughes maybe. Good to see Tierney in the half-backs, but Mc Carron in the LEFT corner?

tyroneman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 29, 2015, 10:03:09 PM

Not so much Mc Namee on his most recent shifts in that slot, but Hughes maybe. Good to see Tierney in the half-backs, but Mc Carron in the LEFT corner?

McCarron has played there before. Don't think CB is best place for him though. Not a good enough man marker. Better on front foot.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on January 29, 2015, 10:11:06 PM
McCarron has played there before. Don't think CB is best place for him though. Not a good enough man marker. Better on front foot.

Would agree, though hope I'm proved wrong.

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 29, 2015, 10:03:09 PM

I thought Justin at FB and perhaps a slot for McAliskey in the corner with McCurry moving back to the half forward line. Thought he was lively v Cavan in the second half feeding ball into Niall and Sean.

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 29, 2015, 10:13:53 PM

Have we any man markers?

Carmen Stateside

Dont know were they think they are going with no Carmen men.  Short year this year for sure.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 29, 2015, 10:13:53 PM

Did McCarron not get his all star nominee playing in the corner? I think its a strong enough team, good to see Peter Hughes getting a run, he's a decent player and is a playmaker which we need. Surely we will be more direct this year, not much point having Sean in there if we don't get the ball in quicker than we have been in the past few seasons.
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

Mccarron definitely needed in the corner. Good going forward but a decent marker and we don't have many of them. Good to see Harte trying to address some of the issues from last year early on.

Mccarron will help with our weakness at corner back. Quinn also getting a go though injured for this one. We needed another big presence around the middle and mcnulty getting a go there. McCann also brought in as another option.

Half forward line was very poor last year and the players didn't get on the ball anywhere near enough. Lot of changes there. Don't think this weekends would be strong enough come championship but all good players and good to see them get a to. Lack of presence and ball winners in full forward line was other big issue. I'm hopeful cavanagh and McKenna can form a good partnership that would make a difference there and give us more direct option.

Based on McKenna cup tierney is the one player probably lucky to start especially ahead of justy. Didn't look the player going forward that he did for Omagh. But it's early days and well worth a go.

The league will tell us a lot about the changes. Hopefully we can make a bright start and compete in all games. I'm not sure the team ever really recovered last year from that hammering in Kerry.

rrhf

Noticed the chemistry between Sean and Niall.  They played great off each other.  Add in Mc Curry and I feel we are moving towards an exciting f/f line. 
I like the way we are going.   

BennyCake

The Bearded One

Quote from: BennyCake on January 30, 2015, 01:25:38 AM
Peter Harte injured?

Took a blow to the head last Saturday night, went off after it. Assume he is recovering from concussion.
It is what it is. Presumably.

sensethetone

Will this match be moved from Omagh tomorrow night?