Paddy Bradley Suspended for Championship??

Started by SlimShady, April 17, 2007, 02:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

SlimShady

FAO Derry posters, just to point out that i had no idea Bradley was sent off and that i have said above only what Max has said on the Derry thread.

Dont go all ''you're still shite'' at me cos I posted a thread on the subject, blame 'The one they all fear'

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: SlimShady on April 17, 2007, 03:33:58 PM
just received this personal message from mr marrillius  :D

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 17, 2007, 03:29:50 PM
Hi Slim, take that thread off the board. We know it all a bit of craic, but is that not going just a tad to far

does anyone else think i should delete the thread? why so?

me thinks they were fairly simple and straightforward questions on my part and it wasnt me who alleged anything and was in fact Max on the Derry thread.

Slim, it sounds like Max doesn't want you blowing the lid on the inevitable cover-up.

Uladh

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 17, 2007, 03:28:30 PM
It would be a greater pity if the ref watered down his report on "advice" so as to ensure that the county board did not have to make a difficult decision.  If Bradley did what it is alleged he did he deserves his ban.  His is a yap and as sure as eggs are eggs he will head off and cry about it if he is suspended.

Speaking from experience bc?

realredhandfan

Looks like the derry uns have no respect for former captains. 

brokencrossbar1

Uladh I have always served my suspensions as warranted without appeal or gripe, and in one or two cases I had a strong case to make.  I missed out a few years ago on Ulster, semi, final and AI quarter final so I know what it is like to sit in the stands.  I have never been booked, never mind sent off for any altercation with a ref and if anything I try to prevent others doing that as much as possible.  If Bradley did as is alleged then he should serve the correct ban which on my reading of what has been posted is a minimum of 12 weeks from all competitive football.

Uladh

I was asking if you had experience of Bradley. i haven't heard of him being in trouble with referees before and presumed by your post that you'd experience to the contrary

brokencrossbar1

Played a few games against him over the years and he whinged to the ref a good bit. 

derrymad

Well seen his games often over they years and not saying whinging is justified but when you are afforded little or no protection by the referee then what is he supposed to do, and no one can say he is not hard done by with referees.  Saturday was a perfect example, he definitely got a high challenge on him and ref blamed him for diving... something he never does and it was this which caused him to rant at the referee.

Broken Crossbar, you make yourself out to be a noble man, bradley would still toast you.

Maximus Marillius

Derry mad being a newbie on this board ye have no respect for the great BC1, he has more All Irelands than you and paddy together. Now you wondering :D

derrymad

Why would I have respect for him.....because he can post on an anonymous board.  Prob one of these people who berate Paddy when Derry get beat by a point and hail him if they win.

how would I have an all ireland when I dont play, I watch very carefully and know my stuff but.

Stalin

QuoteDerry mad being a newbie on this board ye have no respect for the great BC1, he has more All Irelands than you and paddy together. Now you wondering

you tryin to get in his knickers max?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

brokencrossbar1

Derrymad, a lot of people on the board know who I am so I am not exactly anonymous.  Allegations have been made against Paddy Bradley and I have stated that if they are true then he should receive the correct suspension and the matter should not be hushed up.  I stated that he whinges on the football filed and I have made that assertion from my own observations on the same field as me.  I neither hail him nor care if he scores for Derry as I am not a Derry man.  I think he has bags of talent but bags of negative attitude and I would doubt I am alone in my beliefs.  

For what it is worth he probabaly would "toast" me, but he would need a damn wide toater to fit me in at this stage.  My 8 year old is running rings round me now ;D

derrymad

Notice you did not comment on the fact that he receives little or no protection from the referees within the county, especially ones on mini power trips.

brokencrossbar1

Thats an issue for the GAA and not for me to look at.  For what it is worth,he is not alone there and many others have dealt with things on the field in their own way.  If he verbally abused the ref and grabbed him by the neck as has been alleged then he deserves what he gets. 

I also think there is too much made of players not being "protected" by the refs.  I have heard this trotted out many times for the likes of the Gooch, Canavan et al.  I never played against the gooch but have played against Canavan and he was well able to "protect" himself.  If a player is seen as a soft touch defenders will exploit that.