Paddy Bradley Suspended for Championship??

Started by SlimShady, April 17, 2007, 02:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

Surely a man that got a straight red card for verbally abusing a referee will get a longer suspension than a month?

i also see that it is alleged that Bradley grabbed the referee round the throat afterwards, now, tell me does anyone think this will all be swept under the carpet to ensure poor Paddy gets a chance to shine against Antrim in the Championship or will he get the suspension he deserves (some chance) ????

full back

PB might get off
This was just posted on the Derry section
"Can the referee be sure it was in fact PB who grabbed him? and is it possible that this report has been totally contrived"
:D :D
Fcuk, them boys are pricesless

Anyway Slim, as far as I am aware club suspensions dont carry into the intercounty.Cooper was also sent off at the weekend & I heard somewhere he can still play for the county

SlimShady

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2007, 02:47:46 PM
PB might get off
This was just posted on the Derry section
"Can the referee be sure it was in fact PB who grabbed him? and is it possible that this report has been totally contrived"
:D :D
Fcuk, them boys are pricesless

Anyway Slim, as far as I am aware club suspensions dont carry into the intercounty scene as far as I am aware.Cooper was also sent off at the weekend & I heard somewhere he can still play for the county

this is news to me, when was it changed?

derrymad

Slim I suggest you go home and get your house in order.  Stay on your own turf.  What do you think you will achieve by starting a thread as you did.  Keep it within the Derry thread.  Sure according to reports half your team is heading state side anyway.  Paddy B or no Paddy B, you boys are still pathetic............................

Kerry Mike

Yes I heard that the club red card Gooch got last weekend will not reflect in his intercounty season. There was some change made end of last year dont know what it was. Maybe its just a simple fact that Kerry will not play for at least a month leaving any club suspenion to be served in that time.

Maybe some rules guru can help out.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

downredblack

Paddy B or no Paddy B, you boys are still pathetic............................

Oh Fcuk  :D

Man In Middle

Any suspension greater than a month at club level carries through to county level.

full back

If that is the case - anyone want to take a wild guess at PB's punishment by the Derry County Board ::)

aontroim abu

Category IV
Minor physical interference with (e.g. laying a hand on, pushing, pulling or jostling), threatening or abusive conduct towards, or threatening language to, a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline Official.
Penalty:
(i) Minimum: 12 weeks Suspension in all Codes and at all Levels, (ii) Minimum on Repeat Infraction: 24 weeks Suspension in all Codes and at all Levels.
Category V
Any type of assault on a Referee, Umpire, Linesman or Sideline Official
Penalty:
(i) Minimum: 48 weeks Suspension in all Codes and at all Levels, with offender's Team liable to Disqualification, where appropriate, (ii) Repeat Infraction within 96 weeks: 96 weeks suspension in all Codes and at all Levels, with offender's Team liable to Disqualification, where appropriate.
"Repeat Infraction" means a second or subsequent occurrence of any Misconduct at Games Infraction in the same Category within a 48-week period (or 96 week period in the case of a Category V Infraction). In relation to Categories I, II and III, only an Infraction committed in the same Code and at the same Level as the previous occurrence shall constitute a Repeat Infraction. In relation to Categories IV and V, a second occurrence shall constitute a Repeat Infraction irrespective of the Code or Level of the previous occurrence.
(c) Interference with the Control of Games - by Players, Officials, or Supporters:
(1) Premature Termination of a Game- By reason of Serious Disruption by Players, Officials or Supporters of a Team;
Penalty
Team - Forfeiture of the Game and Award to the Opposing Team (unless both Teams are responsible), save where there are exceptional mitigating factors involved.
Other Penalties - at the discretion of the Council or the Committee-in- Charge.
(2) Premature Termination of a Game - By reason of
(i) A Player(s) refusing to leave the Field when ordered off, or rejoining the Game having been ordered off.
(ii) A Team or Player(s) leaving the Field without the Referee's Permission or Refusing to continue Playing.
Penalties
Team and other Penalties - as in (1) above
Player(s) who caused Termination - 24 weeks suspension, in addition to any suspension for an Infraction committed in the Game.

Lets see what the Derry County Board are made of Wink

aontroim abu

by the way the last part here could also apply to Ardboe/ Dromore/ Tyrone

fer fox ache

Clutchin at straws here lads, PB or no PB we'll still stuff ye cos you're shite

brokencrossbar1

QuoteIt would be a pity if it carried over to the inter-county teams. This is Derry's best chance in years to win Ulster. With Armagh

It would be a greater pity if the ref watered down his report on "advice" so as to ensure that the county board did not have to make a difficult decision.  If Bradley did what it is alleged he did he deserves his ban.  His is a yap and as sure as eggs are eggs he will head off and cry about it if he is suspended.

Will Hunting

Quote from: full back on April 17, 2007, 03:12:08 PM
If that is the case - anyone want to take a wild guess at PB's punishment by the Derry County Board ::)

Hopefully it's only a month. We need him for the Championship, so fingers crossed! :-)

SlimShady

just received this personal message from mr marrillius  :D

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 17, 2007, 03:29:50 PM
Hi Slim, take that thread off the board. We know it all a bit of craic, but is that not going just a tad to far

does anyone else think i should delete the thread? why so?

me thinks they were fairly simple and straightforward questions on my part and it wasnt me who alleged anything and was in fact Max on the Derry thread.

full back

Quote from: Will Hunting on April 17, 2007, 03:31:03 PM
Hopefully it's only a month. We need him for the Championship, so fingers crossed! :-)

FFS, if he did manhandle the ref he cant get a month - pure & simple