GAA.ie relaunched

Started by Fionntamhnach, April 02, 2007, 01:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redgreenery

thebandit

I wonder does this mean they will be changing the club portal?

Bord na Mona man

It's disappointing and contradictory that the GAA are using a New Zealand company to do their web content stuff, yet all clubs must use Irish manufactured paper for any correspondence.

rosnarun

QuoteThe basic idea of re-structuring metadata information about web sites has been traced back at least as far as 1995

simple really
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

thejuice

the video section leaves alot to be desired. I know what and how to a chip , a solo, how to catch a ball. even the quality of video is pretty poor. how about up to date highlights of league games, highlights of classic games, interviews??? hmmm,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

neilthemac

even the longest journey starts with the smallest of steps...

paddypastit

juice - presume that they wuld have tyo pay for the rights.  Expect that to be part of the next TV deal - the right to use clips of the content created on line, and also dip into archives.

come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

carnaross

The new site is better in my opinion, however, why have they not updated the transfers since last August? Emailled Croke Park about it ten days ago, but, apart from a standard reply, have seen no changes yet.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

thejuice

Now that the Championship has begun do you think that on GAA.ie they might put highlights in the video section now. It clearly states that the video section is for highlights. What good would it be for RTE to hold on to the rights for highlights online.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

The GAA needs to start making its presence felt on youtube. Think of all the great moments in GAA history that could be up there. It's obvious from the comments on existing clips that people from other countries with no GAA knowledge are intrigued by the games. The volume and quality of clips needs to be seriously improved though. None of this craic where some genius films himself watching the Sunday Game on the telly. >:(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heganboy

the gaa needs to rethink gaa.ie in general.
how come I have to buy Irish made geansais and socks, but the IT committee at Croke park can happily place an order with a second rate New Zealand company for what is effectively the public face of the organisation?
If they were concerned about how the site looked or the functionality there are literally hundreds of Irish companies that could do a better job. Hopefully this is reviewed every once in a while- it must be three years since this was first moved to the NZ guys and they have consistently remained three years behind what is best practice for corporate web sites.
Ah well, we live in hope...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity