GAA.ie relaunched

Started by Fionntamhnach, April 02, 2007, 01:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionntamhnach

See that GAA.ie has been relaunched this morning. Layout looks a lot cleaner and brighter than before, see they're still adding bits together though - the Tyrone club page is not well thought out right now.

Main criticism would be that they still haven't made an RSS feed available, which is a shame.

Redgreenery

Its a big improvment on the site and it looks an awful lot better now.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Aye but are they gonna give us Latest scores because Aertel was up to its old tricks yesterday and the BBC doesn't cover any 26 counties games.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

armaghniac

The BBC usually mention scores from the 9 counties, but clearly this doesn't give complete picture.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Aye, sorry, I meant coverage for games played completely outside of Ulster.

Does this mean the BBC think the island was partitioned into 23 and 9 counties?

armaghniac

QuoteDoes this mean the BBC think the island was partitioned into 23 and 9 counties?

They probably have taken their cue from Michael Greenan!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I'm certainly not prepared to mess with Michael Greenan and his cue - he's still as angry as hell!

Hardy

Feckit it's taken me years to figure out and then try to remember where things are on that site (because there's no logic to it). Now I have to start all over again.

Orior

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on April 02, 2007, 03:19:17 PM
I'm certainly not prepared to mess with Michael Greenan and his cue - he's still as angry as hell!

What's all this about Michael Greenan? Please elaborate, elongate, extrapolate, etc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Fresh new look. Seems to be laid out a lot better. Seen a few problems this afternoon after a quick glance. Will need to take a closer look later.

And yes, RSS feeds would have been a welcomed addition.
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

im a computer dunce, whats an RSS feed?? ???
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Redgreenery

Google it and you'll get a load of options!

ziggysego

Quote from: never kickt a ball on April 02, 2007, 09:55:17 PM
What does Google it mean?

Goo-gle

A trademark used for an Internet search engine. This trademark often occurs in print as a verb, sometimes in lowercase: "A high school English teacher ... recently Googled a phrase in one student's paper and found it had been taken from a sample essay of an online editing service"
Testing Accessibility