Ulster Intermediate and Junior Club Championships 2010

Started by DownFanatic, October 04, 2010, 04:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

HiMucker

So a small skinny player that turns 16 in december the previuous year is aloud to play and the man child that turns 16 in january of the championship year and has been shaving since 12 and has pubes since he was nine is not allowed to play??  And they tells us it is to protect against player burn out and the physcicality of it.  Nonsense!!  A clear case of a rule of for the sake of it and doesnt acchieve anything. 

haranguerer

Quote from: HiMucker on December 20, 2010, 12:05:32 PM
So a small skinny player that turns 16 in december the previuous year is aloud to play and the man child that turns 16 in january of the championship year and has been shaving since 12 and has pubes since he was nine is not allowed to play??  And they tells us it is to protect against player burn out and the physcicality of it.  Nonsense!!  A clear case of a rule of for the sake of it and doesnt acchieve anything.

You're right. Age clearly is the wrong denominator to be using. They should have it that you have to have had pubes for 6 years or more.

HiMucker

Quote from: haranguerer on December 20, 2010, 01:10:43 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on December 20, 2010, 12:05:32 PM

You're right. Age clearly is the wrong denominator to be using. They should have it that you have to have had pubes for 6 years or more.
Belter lol  :D  I know a few boys in their twenties that might not be allowed to play :)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 20, 2010, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: Dougal on December 17, 2010, 05:17:44 PM
the one where they didnt appeal even though ballinderry broke the rules?

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=104667

I could be wrong but I think Cavan Gaels claimed that they did not appeal and that this was a false report.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 20, 2010, 05:27:11 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 20, 2010, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: Dougal on December 17, 2010, 05:17:44 PM
the one where they didnt appeal even though ballinderry broke the rules?

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=104667

I could be wrong but I think Cavan Gaels claimed that they did not appeal and that this was a false report.

They insisted at the time that they did not appeal, but once the story was in the news i supose the ulster council had to act as a rule was broken.