Ulster Minor Club all-time All Stars

Started by never kickt a ball, January 11, 2007, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: peepy on January 12, 2007, 03:39:19 PM
idea of this was all stars for the competition itself and then what they did after this, which must mean francis mceldowney would be well ahead of the other two considering winning one and losing in final of other,
Peepy, that is not the idea of it at all, it's as everyone has stated - a back slapping exercise, designed to get the great players of the past 25 yrs (who also happened to play in the St. Pauls tournament) together for a big photie with all the St Pauls lads and bank officials around them.
Drumanee, whilst I think Karl does deserve to be nominated ahead of some of the current nominees, i don't think he deserves an award based on what else he achieved on the football field, for my money he was never the player we thought he would be - he never really held down a spot on the derry senior side, and whilst good for Bellaghy, was never the integral player for ye.

CSC

Ref Karl, he also won 2 Hogan cups, a remarkable fact considering that only three schools in the entire history of the comp have won two in a row. Karl should have walked onto the team

drumanee

Drumanee, whilst I think Karl does deserve to be nominated ahead of some of the current nominees, i don't think he deserves an award based on what else he achieved on the football field, for my money he was never the player we thought he would be - he never really held down a spot on the derry senior side, and whilst good for Bellaghy, was never the integral player for ye.

thats my point bog,you should not be get an award based on what else you achieved on the football field if you are calling it THE ST PAULS ALL STAR TEAM.even so karl was up there when bellaghy won our first title.
have to disagree about not being an integral part for us,along with quinn,cassidy had alot of influence both on and off the field and when thing were getting tough along with the men mentioned he came to the fore

Cloc Mor

Quotemaximus marillus spot on though idea of this was all stars for the competition itself and then what they did after this, which must mean francis mceldowney would be well ahead of the other two considering winning one and losing in final of other, played few more games than those other two i think. ps cathal murray is from which club/county

Cathal Murray is from Clonduff/Down.  He is currently the manager of St Colman's College MacRory team.