Started by Rossfan, May 02, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 04, 2018, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 04, 2018, 10:51:05 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 04, 2018, 10:15:58 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 04, 2018, 12:57:48 PM
Time to start talking about the Final.
Galway raging favourites naturally so all the pressure on them.
Meanwhile we'll be monitoring the Qualifiers to see who we may meet in Round 4.
Hopefully we can keep the margin to under 20 points anyway.
Gonna have a few bob on ye, all the same.
I was talking to a good friend of Kevin Mac and he reckons morale in the camp is good, rarin' to go.The team is still a bit young but some serious youngsters starting to emerge.
I was told to watch Ultan Harney.
He's gonna develop into one hell of a player and there are a few others heading in the right direction.

He's going to take some watching in the fĂșcking stands, he has a hamstring injury. Embarrassing as usual, Lar.

He must be the most unfortunate player of all with injuries. He frightened me a few years back at u21 level. So much potential. Hopefully he will have a period without injuries.

Cathal Compton is the same way. He's been great for us since he's got a run of fitness this year, he's made a huge difference in the middle and has freed Enda to play in his more natural position of wing forward. Both lads' injuries woes started with being played too much too young and McStay is probably the first county manager they've had who genuinely is putting their best interests first rather than his own in that regard.

Comp, Harney, the Smiths and Diarmuid Murtagh (Ciarain really only showed his potential when he became a senior) would be the best underage players of their group in the county. Any time they're all on the field together is a good day. Harney's injury isn't too serious so he might make the bench in two weeks, and hopefully he'll be fine for the following game regardless.

seafoid

The psychology of this match is very interesting. Last year Ros got their preparation spot on and blitzed the Galway backs.  They identified the key weaknesses and they attacked them systematically. The match was over halfway through the first half or whatever. A famous day for the primrose and blue. An rud is annamh is iontach. They were on top psychologically from the get go.

Ros also have a number of very good young players. Normal service was of course resumed in the replay against the rhubarbs. Jaysus.

Since then Galway have conceded a single goal in division 1. The winter was a good one. Galway do not want a repeat. The first 10 minutes should determine who is on top.

The prize is Connacht for the next while unless Mayo can find the way to Tir na nOg.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Lar Naparka

I was talking to a good friend of Kevin Mac and he reckons morale in the camp is good, rarin' to go.The team is still a bit young but some serious youngsters starting to emerge.
He's gonna develop into one hell of a player and there are a few others heading in the right direction.

He's going to take some watching in the fĂșcking stands, he has a hamstring injury. Embarrassing as usual, Lar.
Syferus, my good friend, I think an apology is in order.
After reading what you had to say, I felt that you have the cop on of a jackass.
Then as reason returned and my emotions calmed down, I realised that I was wrong, totally and completely in error.
So, accordingly,  I withdraw that scandalous accusation.
I mean jackasses have their feelings and would certainly be upset by such an invidious comparison.
Where did I mention the Connacht Final or say when the conversation take place?
I had a five minute conversation with an old acquaintance as we sat on adjacent bar stools and had a yap about Connacht football about six weeks ago. He felt Roscommon was a coming team but are very young now.  He felt the future for Roscommon football was looking good and mentioned Ultan Harney as one to watch.
That's all.

I can only hope that when you get past puberty, you'll get a bit of sense but, somehow, I doubt it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

magpie seanie

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 05, 2018, 01:40:24 AM

Syferus, my good friend, I think an apology is in order.
After reading what you had to say, I felt that you have the cop on of a jackass.
Then as reason returned and my emotions calmed down, I realised that I was wrong, totally and completely in error.
So, accordingly,  I withdraw that scandalous accusation.
I mean jackasses have their feelings and would certainly be upset by such an invidious comparison.
Where did I mention the Connacht Final or say when the conversation take place?
I had a five minute conversation with an old acquaintance as we sat on adjacent bar stools and had a yap about Connacht football about six weeks ago. He felt Roscommon was a coming team but are very young now.  He felt the future for Roscommon football was looking good and mentioned Ultan Harney as one to watch.
That's all.

I can only hope that when you get past puberty, you'll get a bit of sense but, somehow, I doubt it.

Lar - no need to explain yourself. Anyone with an iota of sense knew what you meant. I'd advise ignoring certain posters. It makes reading these threads quicker and less annoying.

Rossfan

Apologies to Lar on behalf of all the sensible Ros posters here.
Our village eejit continues to embarrass.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

I can't ever recall Harney been fit for a few months during the championship. Is he about 23/24?

Duine Eile

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 05, 2018, 10:26:55 AM
I can't ever recall Harney been fit for a few months during the championship. Is he about 23/24?

He's about the same age as Damien Comer I'd say so yes 23/24. I remember seeing him in an u-21 match in Tuam a couple of years ago and he was one of the best on show that day.

oliverkelly

Hes 22 since end of last year. Cant see him been started in the connaght final but hopefully he will be fully fit after that for R4 or the super 8s

Rossfan

That must have been the 2015 shoot out Duine eile?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2018, 10:06:40 AM
No problem Ross, some of the soundest posters on the board are from Roscommon. In all seriousness, I will support your team when my own isn't involved. They deserve great credit for punching above their weight , as the old saying goes. With one of the smallest populations of the Irish counties they can mix it with the best.
Incidentally, I think Ultan Harney is not 23 yet. The time I met my fiend I was told he was only twenty two and a half.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2018, 10:06:40 AM

Do you just steal the words I type and rearrange them, or so you have any original thoughts? Did you ever show much contrition for your insulting antics with McStay last year? Didn't work out quite as you'd hoped over the last twelve months.

sligoman2

shocking performance from us on Sunday, Galway are good but we never laid a hand on them, back to the drawing board.  If I was to put a spread on the final it would be Galway by 4.5.  Memories of last year will give them an extra bit of bite.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2018, 11:40:17 AM

2015 as one of those years where the quality was very high at that 21 level. Would imagine Roscommon look at the year as one that got away given the quality of that team but likewise Dublin, Tipp & Tyrone were very strong too. That was a decent Galway team too with Comer, Heaney, Brannigan, Kerin & Silke on it.

Syferus

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 05, 2018, 12:26:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 05, 2018, 11:40:17 AM

2015 as one of those years where the quality was very high at that 21 level. Would imagine Roscommon look at the year as one that got away given the quality of that team but likewise Dublin, Tipp & Tyrone were very strong too. That was a decent Galway team too with Comer, Heaney, Brannigan, Kerin & Silke on it.

2013 or 2016 were much more the ones that got away.

galwayman

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 05, 2018, 12:09:36 PM
shocking performance from us on Sunday, Galway are good but we never laid a hand on them, back to the drawing board.  If I was to out a spread on the final it would be Galway by 4.5.  Memories of last year will them an extra bit of bite.
That was the biggest problem for sure. The passivity and lack of aggression in the Sligo team was striking.