Connacht Senior Championship 2018

Started by Rossfan, May 02, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Billy Joel, Hilary Clinton, King Kong, John McClane, Groucho Marx, Sammy Davis Jr, Donald Trump... can you hear me Donald Trump!
Your boys took a hell of a beating!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

Quote from: dec on May 06, 2018, 10:00:12 PM
Jamie Clark and Aaron Cunningham were playing for New York

More Cross' men for New York than Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on May 06, 2018, 09:35:27 PM
The mercenaries put in their rightful place.

Well done Leitrim. Very happy with that one. See ye in Pairc Sean..

Who are the mercenaries ....????

3 of our  county men who chose to emigrate like all others the N.Y. team

BennyCake

Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2018, 10:26:09 PM
Billy Joel, Hilary Clinton, King Kong, John McClane, Groucho Marx, Sammy Davis Jr, Donald Trump... can you hear me Donald Trump!

Was King Kong awarded American citizenship then? Don't remember seeing that in the film.

Itchy

Real David v goliath stuff with the 32,000 population of leitrim beat 8.5m New Yorkers. Stuff dreams are made off.

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyCake on May 06, 2018, 10:51:02 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2018, 10:26:09 PM

Was King Kong awarded American citizenship then? Don't remember seeing that in the film.

It was posthumous.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Carmen Stateside

?? Leitrim should be embarrassed with that effort. New York by far the better team on the day.  Lucky Leitrim

Syferus

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 07, 2018, 12:15:51 AM

?? Leitrim should be embarrassed with that effort. New York by far the better team on the day.  Lucky Leitrim

You'd want to check the scoreline lad. A very inexperienced Leitrim team went to New York and beat a team favoured to beat them. Only someone talking out of their arse with no knowledge of Leitrim would say they should be embarrassed after that.

Blowitupref

New York were only by far the better team for the first 10 mins of the 1st half of normal time. Outscored 0-8 to 0-1 then in the first half. 2nd half of normal time was fairly even as it 0-7 to 0-6 and New York were lucky to lead at half time in extra because Leitrim kicked a number of wides.

The New York starting team had probably more established county seniors than leitrim had and Leitrim lets not forget are a Division 4 side that were tipped by many to lose that game. That was a very gutsy win rather than a lucky win.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Carmen Stateside

New york has played one game as a team before tonight! Leitrim was the worst side i have seen in all my years here.

Captain Obvious

Roscommon who played their league football in Division one in 2016 and only beating New York by one point was embarrassing. Leitrim a Division four side having a hard fought win against what was meant to be New Yorks strongest ever side on paper was hardly embarrassing. 

Carmen Stateside

Maybe i was expecting to much from Leitrim!  Very poor side.

Rossfan

We're all off to Carrick on the 26th of May.
I hear the game us at the daft time of 5 30 to accommodate some TV soccery sh1te!!!
What's wrong with having it on a Sunday??

By the way what did NY ever do to annoy our eejit?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bennydorano

Quote from: Syferus on May 07, 2018, 12:28:33 AM

You'd want to check the scoreline lad. A very inexperienced Leitrim team went to New York and beat a team favoured to beat them. Only someone talking out of their arse with no knowledge of Leitrim would say they should be embarrassed after that.
Leitrim were 4/5 favourites. NY 11/8

sligoman2

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 06, 2018, 06:29:53 PM
Sligo 1-21 London 1-11, would of taken that scoreline before the game, good start meant we could all relax to a certain extent. London did get to 4pts a few times and should of had a penalty in first half but credit to our players we kept them at arms length throughout and picked it up when needed. London were poor though.

2 Changes at the throw were Eoin McHugh and Paddy O Connor started instead of nicholson and breheny.

I like that we brought on Carrabine and Breheny when London were tiring and to close the game out.

We didnt seem to pick up any injuries either which is great.

We played Galway last at Home in 2014 and Mayo Away last year so we are away if Galway win and at Home if Mayo win.

All I would say is about that Game on June 3rd is last year, Sligo had Mayo pegged back 1-10 to 10 and we had a chance of goal ourselves with 10 mins to go, with a bit more belief could of caught them, (we held back a little when it was there for us), and the influx of youngsters this year will add to the belief, they're used to beating mayo/galway underage at schools and county level. Both Mayo or Galway will have one eye on the final 2 weeks later. Look how Roscommon did against Galway in the Connacht final, a good gameplan built around midfield possession destroyed Galway.

For me this year the minimum goals were to stay up in Div3 and beat London, im delighted we achieved that, credit to the players. Anything now is now bonus territory for me and will interesting to see how we get on the next day.

Mission accomplished.  The demons of 2013 have been banished.  I've said this before, I think the future is bright, we have a great blend of youth and experience and definitely a team on the rise.  I don't expect us to beat Galway or Mayo but I don't expect a hammering either, good job by Corey and crew, keep up the good work.  As Sligonian has said, we have achieved 2 goals so far, staying in div 3 and London revenge....   Stay tuned.........
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.