Refugees

Started by Mayo4Sam14, September 03, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Take them from the waters and coffin ships, feed them, clothe them and keep them safe, then worry about what to do with them after the fact, their lives come first and foremost and they deserve to be treated like human beings.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on September 04, 2015, 09:17:20 PM
Take them from the waters and coffin ships, feed them, clothe them and keep them safe, then worry about what to do with them after the fact, their lives come first and foremost and they deserve to be treated like human beings.

+1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Oraisteach

omaghjoe

The Hungarians seem to have finally seen sense at least

Their prime minster seems like a maniac with all this talk of being "overrun" and "Christian character" talk. I cant think of anything less Christian than his attitude.

I suppose there is still an attitude there, where they believe they are the defenders of Christian Europe against the Muslim hordes, that goes back to where they halted the Ottoman encroachment of the Balkans.

Rossfan

Also stock comments from neo Nazi types across Europe.
As the crisis is being caused by the savage war in Syria why aren't the UN trying to bring it to an end?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trileacman

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2015, 10:54:31 AM
As the crisis is being caused by the savage war in Syria why aren't the UN trying to bring it to an end?

Because the US and UK have spent the last 3 years trying to inflame the situation.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

stew

Quote from: trileacman on September 05, 2015, 11:15:09 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2015, 10:54:31 AM

Because the US and UK have spent the last 3 years trying to inflame the situation.

Thats bullshit, the UN is a useless, spineless knackered organization that stands for nothing, it has stood by in Africa as people were destroyed by militant animals that raped and killed their own, time to disband or reform the fecking thing and give it the teeth it needs to supercede the wants of superpower nations!

give her dixie

Quote from: stew on September 04, 2015, 09:17:20 PM

One of the best quotes I have heard yet on the current refugee crisis. Good man Stew
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Well folks, I am hoping to head off this evening with a van load of aid.

While the photo of Aylan Kurdi stirred the worlds conscience, it was the photo from a few days before that of children
washed up on the beach in Libya that  stirred me into action. I contacted my cousin, who has a large Sprinter, and we
agreed that we would head to Calais with aid.

Since then, Calais has been inundated with aid. They can't take any more, so we will head east into Germany and if need be, Hungary.

When I posted the original story of going with aid, I was contacted by the leader of the "Gaza Toy Drive". This dedicated group
collected 4 container loads of aid last year from every corner of Ireland. Despite many attempts, they were unable to get it
delivered to Gaza. Israel and Egypt once again imposing brutal hardship through their inhumane siege that has been ongoing
for nearly 10 years now.

Anyhow, we have loaded our Sprinter with some of this aid that was collected for the children of Gaza. On behalf of the Palestinians,
and the Gaza Toy Drive, we will do our very best to get it to people somewhere in fortress Europe that have endured more
than any of us could ever imagine.

Plus, we will be able to highlight the brutal siege on Gaza, and the fact that nothing is been rebuilt, and nothing is allowed in.
Even children's toys are banned. As we watch aid been donated, and delivered with incredible love and humanity from across the world, we also see at the same time refugees in Gaza been refused any form of aid collected and donated by the people of Ireland
and beyond.

The world is a very cruel place right now, and a handful of gangsters dressed up as Presidents and Prime Ministers are doing everything
in their power to keep wars raging. we only have to look at our own backyard to see how the British Government kept a bloody war going for decades. War is big business, and a handful of very rich people control a handful of very important people.

Anyhow, will keep you updated as best I can as we get on the road..........

This is a link to the Gaza Toy Drive  facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/gazatoydrive?fref=nf

give her dixie

In the midst of all the tragic photos, one story had a happy ending.

Remember this photo?

His family have now made it to Berlin where they are staying in a refugee camp

http://www.buzzfeed.com/anupkaphle/the-story-behind-a-heartbreaking-photo-of-a-syrian-refugee-f#.cvZXL9vNDm

macdanger2

Franko

+1

Many a 'discussion' we've had on here GHD but you always put your money where your mouth is.

All the best with it.

stew

Quote from: give her dixie on September 08, 2015, 01:21:15 PM
Well folks, I am hoping to head off this evening with a van load of aid.

While the photo of Aylan Kurdi stirred the worlds conscience, it was the photo from a few days before that of children
washed up on the beach in Libya that  stirred me into action. I contacted my cousin, who has a large Sprinter, and we
agreed that we would head to Calais with aid.

Since then, Calais has been inundated with aid. They can't take any more, so we will head east into Germany and if need be, Hungary.

When I posted the original story of going with aid, I was contacted by the leader of the "Gaza Toy Drive". This dedicated group
collected 4 container loads of aid last year from every corner of Ireland. Despite many attempts, they were unable to get it
delivered to Gaza. Israel and Egypt once again imposing brutal hardship through their inhumane siege that has been ongoing
for nearly 10 years now.

Anyhow, we have loaded our Sprinter with some of this aid that was collected for the children of Gaza. On behalf of the Palestinians,
and the Gaza Toy Drive, we will do our very best to get it to people somewhere in fortress Europe that have endured more
than any of us could ever imagine.

Plus, we will be able to highlight the brutal siege on Gaza, and the fact that nothing is been rebuilt, and nothing is allowed in.
Even children's toys are banned. As we watch aid been donated, and delivered with incredible love and humanity from across the world, we also see at the same time refugees in Gaza been refused any form of aid collected and donated by the people of Ireland
and beyond.

The world is a very cruel place right now, and a handful of gangsters dressed up as Presidents and Prime Ministers are doing everything
in their power to keep wars raging. we only have to look at our own backyard to see how the British Government kept a bloody war going for decades. War is big business, and a handful of very rich people control a handful of very important people.

Anyhow, will keep you updated as best I can as we get on the road..........

This is a link to the Gaza Toy Drive  facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/gazatoydrive?fref=nf

God Bless you Dixie, you keep giving er Dixie! ( Pardon the pun)

Declan

Sean Defoe ‏@SeanDefoe  · 28m28 minutes ago 
"Have we forgotten why there are more O'Neills and Murphys living in the US than in Ireland?" asks Jean-Claude Juncker #SOTEU

guy crouchback

Quote from: Declan on September 09, 2015, 08:51:53 AM
Sean Defoe ‏@SeanDefoe  · 28m28 minutes ago 
"Have we forgotten why there are more O'Neills and Murphys living in the US than in Ireland?" asks Jean-Claude Juncker #SOTEU

full article here

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/juncker-there-is-a-reason-there-are-more-murphys-and-oneills-living-in-us-than-ireland-31513232.html