Sweden get a 3-0 Win

Started by magickingdom, June 08, 2007, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

uefa in their wisdom announced today that they have awardrd sweden a 3-0 win over denmark in their euro 2008 quilifier. hardly a satisfactory outcome from denmark, ni or spains point of view or soccer in general. the ref imo overreacted and could have finished the game, it was in the 89 min and he wasnt actually injured or anything like that. it might encourage other lunatics who want to influence matches in the future.... now wheres my czeck jersey i'm off to prague in sept   ;D

Galwaybhoy

I blame the ref for this.  While it was a disgrace he was attacked he wasnt hurt and he should have continued the match instead of what he done.  He made a big mess of this whole situation.

nifan

It was the only option open to them in fairness.
If a draw had been given it would have set an awful precedent.

The ref should have probably allowed the kick to be taken however.

T Fearon

Any truth in the rumour that the ref was from Dundalk! ;D

Good to see the Germans beating Slovakia on Wednesday night, it means effectively its a three horse race between the Germans, the Czechs and ourselves for the two qualifying places and it should make the collection of six points from the away fixtures with Slovakia and Wales that bit easier this autumn.

Looks like there could well be one Irish team in Austria/Swizterland after all next summer. ;D

full back

Have to admire your enthusiasm Tony, but it looks like there will be no Irish teams at Euro 2008. The north will fall to pieces now Lawrie has gone & the south simply dont have the quality to make a go of it