Best town in the North to head out in?

Started by tintin25, June 08, 2007, 10:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin25

Right, I'm pure bored so I started a new thread. Where you reckon is the best large town or that to head out in? Taking into consideration; Bars, clubs, hot women, dirty women, craic etc etc.  :D

amallon

Letterkenny is pretty mental at the weekens, Monaghan has a shed load of good pubs and a few decent night clubs.  Dormans puts Magherafelt on the map and is a great spot.

Monaghan gets my vote.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

thebandit

Monaghan is deadly craic, Carrick is good clean culchie fun, Blayney is a hole. Newry is good but shuts too early, Armagh is an absolute hole.

ExiledGael

Monaghan has a few great pubs alright but would put Letterkenny ahead just for the atmosphere, few others, Armagh Omagh and Enniskillen all pretty shit, Newry is decent though.
Belfast and Derry both good if you stick to the right areas, Derry's probably the better for the sheer amount of women

nifan

Quote from: ExiledGael on June 08, 2007, 03:38:17 PM
Derry's probably the better for the sheer amount of women

The accent can be brutal though.

amallon

Brutal but not just as bad as the Belfast one its cack altogether.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ExiledGael

Speaking of which, Cavan is deadly for that!
Worst accent in a woman ever!
Love the Scottish accent in a girl, not a Rab C effort, just a mild one

Stranworst

Lurgan, nuff said

Aye right-try worrsst  :D

Fishead_Sam

I always considered Letterkenny, Monaghan & Cavan to be in the South (i.e. the Republic) but if you talking about the Northern Half of the country then ya can't leave out Galway City, Castlebar, Westport, Carrick on Shannon!!!

Or am I being overly Pedantic  ;)

Donagh

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 08, 2007, 04:02:46 PM
I always considered Letterkenny, Monaghan & Cavan to be in the South (i.e. the Republic) but if you talking about the Northern Half of the country then ya can't leave out Galway City, Castlebar, Westport, Carrick on Shannon!!!

Or am I being overly Pedantic  ;)

If she's a taxi ride from the border then she's in the north Sam, hence the inclusion of Letterkenny, Monaghan, Cavan and Carrick(macross). You can keep the rest of those Blueshirt havens. Personally I'd go for Keady  ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Ah this thread,brings me back,The Days of going to the Slieve Russell for the "Youth Discos"
Getting your head kicked in by the Nordies,Then Hiding on the bus when they came after you in gangs  :D

ziggysego

Omagh's getting better, but it has a way to go before I'd class it in the top 10.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Ah the old Slieve indeed, some craic, probably bumped into you in the car park once or twice Ballyhaise man!

Donagh

I thought you Cavan people called it "The Hotel"

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2007, 04:21:52 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 08, 2007, 04:09:21 PM
Ah this thread,brings me back,The Days of going to the Slieve Russell for the "Youth Discos"
Getting your head kicked in by the Nordies,Then Hiding on the bus when they came after you in gangs  :D

You were a bit of a wild child then, eh?

Not exactly,You didnt have to be looking for fights to get in trouble in the Slieve,Trust me  :o