What to get the wife for christmas

Started by stalwart, December 18, 2013, 03:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Family guy on December 22, 2013, 05:46:27 PM
Right here's the Craic,went to get the woman a contract phone the day as I'm on my last legs,the woman in the O2 shop says she can't verify my address because I'm not on the electoral register,wtf is that all about?my drivers licence and passport and another bank card all weren't proof of address she said,anyone know a way around this??

Get her an Iron instead or a Dyson lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: J OGorman on December 22, 2013, 04:02:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on December 20, 2013, 08:37:48 PM
This thread  has more tips for - never ever, not in a million years , should you ever buy a women you love, as a gift  for christmas.
God only knows  the torment those Tyrone women have to endure on Christmas morn.

A piece of carat gold jewelry never goes amiss, I've never heard a woman say  'what did you buy that for''? or  'no thanks,  i've already got a ring/necklace/ whatever'.
And should it not be quite be the appropriate fit/style, there's nothing quite like  exchanging it for something else at the jewelry store.
None of that embarrassment/low self esteem factor that certain Nordie women might have to endure when they go to return the gift that they received from their partner,  e.g. Mugsy's book wrapped in a brown paper bag, i.e. if it hasn't already hit the fireplace.
But maybe one women's Dyson is another's diamond.

Folk still buy gold?
The chavs do.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

I don't know about the hair straightening iron though, I found  3 of them in the bathroom cabinets and I can't do better than the best one. There's a shed load of beauty care electronic products in there, it looks like my daughter has sussed out what's what, over the years, every possible beauty care event has been taken care of. And then I could do with a new classy cordless drill, light to hold, with plenty of torque and 2 immortal batteries, but not in a million years would I entrust my wife to find one for me.

Jell 0 Biafra

Nothing for the kitchen.

A new axe for  the firewood in the yard would be the very thing, though.

I do feel sorry for her when I'm looking out the window and she trying to chop the wood with that old blunt yoke.

playwiththewind1st

Was supposed to be taking better half to Marrakesh for Xmas. Spent 5 hours in Aldergrove airport yesterday, trying to get to Gatwick. Gave up - Christmas @ home & no presents for her now!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 25, 2013, 11:36:30 AM
Was supposed to be taking better half to Marrakesh for Xmas. Spent 5 hours in Aldergrove airport yesterday, trying to get to Gatwick. Gave up - Christmas @ home & no presents for her now!!!

FFS, bummer!! You would have got a good price for her at the market ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 25, 2013, 01:21:27 AM
Nothing for the kitchen.

I do feel sorry for her when I'm looking out the window and she trying to chop the wood with that old blunt yoke.
The size of the chopper is important to a woman too.

orangeman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 25, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 25, 2013, 01:21:27 AM
Nothing for the kitchen.

The size of the chopper is important to a woman too.

Not true. It's the striking action.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 25, 2013, 12:24:39 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 25, 2013, 11:36:30 AM

FFS, bummer!! You would have got a good price for her at the market ;)

Couple of camels, tops? How would I have got them back into the UK?