What will life be like in 20 years?

Started by Olly, February 22, 2010, 12:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

I think we will be able to talk to people using brain waves/signals and that computers will be virtual or in the palm of your hand and you can read it across your eyeballs. I don't think cars will change but less petrol models.

How do you see the future in terms of technology?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Denn Forever

Well 20 years ago was 1990.

Some internet, Amstrad was the PC of choice (or availability) and Ole Ole Ole.

There has been some advaces in those 20 years.  Laser eye surgery, face transplants but we have some of those advances you talk of.  8" Vaio netbooks and superdouper mobile phone.

Can you imagine if we could read thoughts?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Subbie

Fianna Fail will still be in power, NAMA will still not be off the starting blocks, hopefully the greens will have gone the way of the PDs, Man U will be extinct, political correctness will have gone off the radar completely, health and safety will mean we are not allowed to leave our houses which will still have massive mortages on them, the Dubs will still be bleating about the capital needing an All Ireland and Tom Humphries will still be writing about the dubs "glory years" V Kerry.

Not much of a change really.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 22, 2010, 01:22:57 PM
Well 20 years ago was 1990.

Some internet, Amstrad was the PC of choice (or availability) and Ole Ole Ole.

There has been some advaces in those 20 years.  Laser eye surgery, face transplants but we have some of those advances you talk of.  8" Vaio netbooks and superdouper mobile phone.

Can you imagine if we could read thoughts?
we 've had a few big things in terms of technolgy in the last 20 years, things like GPS,the iphone/ipod , laptop computers, broadband & internet for the masses, so i would imagine we would continue to progress at a similar rate
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bingobus

20 years on, i dread to think.

But one for sure, the Late Late show will be going strong  :-[

ross4life

we'll have those jackets that can dry themselves with the touch of a button, flying cars surely, hover boards also, giant tv's the size of the wall with 1million channels, ( i guess some already has the last one)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

winsamsoon

In terms of technology who knows!

In terms of society i think we are fooked :o
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

The Subbie

Quote from: bingobus on February 22, 2010, 03:11:11 PM
20 years on, i dread to think.

But one for sure, the Late Late show will be going strong  :-[

Sans smug tubridy please God

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 22, 2010, 03:24:08 PM
In terms of technology who knows!

In terms of society i think we are fooked :o

Correct sir...you'll prob get sued for giving someone a dirty look never mind hitting them. GAA will be non contact and played by fairies and if we will be able to read other peoples minds then i'm fooked as i'll be getting some face slaps of women in the street
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

muppet

Fianna Fail will still be in power.

Jedward will be both Taoiseach & Tainiste but no one will be quite sure which is which.

Tainiste Jedward will announce our economy has turned a corner.

Opposition leader will still be Enda Kenny but the public will say that even though he got a charisma transplant from the deceased Billy Connolly in 2015, that he still has no staying power or experience.

The Irish Independent will still be the most read Irish publication even though no one actually ever buys a copy and all of their journalists will be senators.

The Pope will promise a week of reflection on victims but will need more time to consider the issue of abuse.

Stew will launch a his autobiography, '25 years as leader of Mossad'. Initially there will be huge attention given to the publication but when it emerges he misspelt Moss Side peace will return to Stew's life.
MWWSI 2017

gerrykeegan

O'Neill will still be posting here but will by then make up 95% of the membership
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

thejuice

Something I have been studying recently in the field of technology and energy. If you follow  where the money is going, it might be like this.

All of the technology I mention is already available or working prototypes exist.

Appoximately 50% of Mass transit vehicles from Cars, Buses, lorries, etc will be electric.  (Hydrogen cars probably wont be around). They will be powered by either Lithium-air or by redux batteries. Electricity will be the main source of probably all our domestic energy needs. It will be provided largely by solar, wind, tidal and small localised nuclear power stations.

Large area's of deserts such as the sahara will be used for solar power which will probably be owned by a large european corporation sending electrity to Europe. (Plans are already being made for this by the way)

The 1st 100% solar powered flight around the world will have been completed.

Devices such as phones, laptops, TV's, PC's will be passively charged wirelessly in the home or office. So too your electric car which will be charged wirelessly at special parking bays.

Replicated organs for transplants will be commonplace. (do not mistake this for stem cells, this is taking cell samples from your own body to grow replicas which can be used to replace an existing organ in your body, this is already underway).
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Denn Forever

Quote from: thejuice on February 22, 2010, 04:53:10 PM
Something I have been studying recently in the field of technology and energy. If you follow  where the money is going, it might be like this.

All of the technology I mention is already available or working prototypes exist.

Appoximately 50% of Mass transit vehicles from Cars, Buses, lorries, etc will be electric.  (Hydrogen cars probably wont be around). They will be powered by either Lithium-air or by redux batteries. Electricity will be the main source of probably all our domestic energy needs. It will be provided largely by solar, wind, tidal and small localised nuclear power stations.

Large area's of deserts such as the sahara will be used for solar power which will probably be owned by a large european corporation sending electrity to Europe. (Plans are already being made for this by the way)

The 1st 100% solar powered flight around the world will have been completed.

Devices such as phones, laptops, TV's, PC's will be passively charged wirelessly in the home or office. So too your electric car which will be charged wirelessly at special parking bays.

Replicated organs for transplants will be commonplace. (do not mistake this for stem cells, this is taking cell samples from your own body to grow replicas which can be used to replace an existing organ in your body, this is already underway).
Sounds good and hopeully we won't live in Muppets world.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

no mo do yakamo

We need Mayogodhelpus to tell us what the future will be like. He knows the make up of the next government and maybe even the timing of the election. With a little bit of encouragement he should easily be able to look twenty years ahead. ;)
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.

Puckoon

Bohemian Rhapsody will still be the best Rock song ever written.
ROI wont have made a world cup
Tyrone will have another 4 all irelands (at least)
O'Neill will still be bald
Aresene Wenger still wont have spent any money
Weepuck will be 22.
Bigpuck will have renounced pacifism and bought a shot gun.

(the last two are linked).