What will life be like in 20 years?

Started by Olly, February 22, 2010, 12:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I hope mine is a lot better than it is now...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Olly

I was reading one day and it might have been a paper or on here. It says that you can talk to  a Chinese person and as he is talking, the translation is being processed across your eyeballs by using special glasses. So if you went to France you would programme your glasses to translate from French into English and as he spoke it would be going across your eyeballs as he speaks so you can read it. The only downside of this is that your eyeballs are moving swiftly from side to side as he speaks and he might think you are making fun of him.

I also think we will have toasters that toast in second and ovens can do the same. I think we will have food that is man made but the same exactly as beef and pork but much safer. I think we will be paying for things using our eyes like a credit card. I mean the bank gives you a credit card or a bank card but instead of a card they use your eyeballs as the chip/pin thing. So if you went to pay for petrol or clothes, you would just look at the woman and she would sign a torch in your eyes and then the money comes out of your account.

I also think we will be attacked by aliens or some life on another planet. I firmly believe this and I think others in positions do too. I think wars and gun fights can be resolves by using our eyeballs as some kind of negotiating tool to read the minds of others. That means that if the Americans were fighting the Taliban, they would know who was in the Taliban in a shopping centre by looking at their faces and detecting nervous sweat.

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Olly

A website has this:

Futurologists predict that life will probably be very different in 2050 in all the fields of activity, from entertainment to technology. First of all, it seems that TV channels will have disappeared by 2050. Instead, people will choose a programme from a 'menu' and a computer will send the programme directly to the television. Today, we can use the World Wide Web to read newspaper stories and see pictures on a computer thousands of kilometers away. Bu 2050, music, films, programmes, newspapers and books will come to us by computer.

Then, 'Holographic Feedback TV' will have arrived: holograms are pictures that have height, width and depth. Simple holograms exist today and 'virtual reality' games are already popular. By 2050, we will be able to see, smell and touch the things that we see on television.

In what concerns the environment, water will have become one of our most serious problems. In many places, agriculture is changing and they are growing fruit and vegetables to export. This uses a lot of water. Demand for water will increase ten times between now and 2050 and there could be serious shortages. Some futurologists predict that water could be the cause of war if we don't act now.

In transport, cars will run on new, clean fuels and they will go very fast. Cars will have computers to control the speed of the car and there won't be any accidents. Today, many cars have computers that tell drivers exactly where they are. By 2050, the computer will control the car and drive it to your destination. On the other hand, space planes will take people halfway around the world in two hours. Nowadays, the United States Shuttle can go into space and land on Earth again. By 2050, space planes will fly all over the world and people will fly from Los Angels to Tokyo in just two hours.

In the domain of technology, robots will have replaced people in factories. Many factories already use robots. Big companies prefer robots- they do not ask for pay rises or go on strike, and they work 24 hours a day. By 2050, we will see robots everywhere- in factories, schools, offices, hospitals, shops and homes.

Lat but not least, medicine technology will have conquered many diseases. Today, there are electronic devices that connect directly to the brain to help people hear. By 2050, we will be able to help blind and deaf people see again and hear again. Scientists have discovered how to control genes. They have already produced clones of animals. By 2050, scientists will be able to produce clones of people and decide how they look, how they behave and how much intelligence they have. Scientists will be able to do these things - but should they?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

bingobus

Olly, funny as f**k.

Basically the power is in the eyeballs! Eyeballs is the new Microsoft windows!!!

Canalman

Personally think there will be serious tension between USA and China.

Would hope to see Dublin, Wexford, Waterford, Limerick and Laois having won Hurling all Irelands by then and at least 3 new counties winning Sam....... Laois, Antrim and maybe Clare.

screenmachine

And Baker Bradley will still be patrolling the sideline...so he will.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

thejuice

Just expanding on where nuclear power may head and could kill 2 birds with one stone.

A Travelling Wave Reactor burns fuel made from depleted uranium, natural uranium, thorium, spent fuel removed from light-water reactors, or some combination of these materials.

BIll Gates is endorsing it as the way forward. He explains it in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaF-fq2Zn7I
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hereiam

Iran will be invaded due to their oil/gas supplies, they are trying their best to scare of the US/UK at the minute by developing nuclear technology/weapons so that the US/UK will think twice about ingaging them in war. Seen a documentary once saying that the oil is that close to the surface that it is ruuning out of the ground. This country could become very powerful if left unchecked by the western world.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

muppet

Today's robots will have been replaced by biodegradable, grow your own, veggibots.

These veggibots will be everywhere as you will be able to grow them in your garden. You can grow different type for different jobs. 
For example the cabbage veggibot will be able to clean your house, car or whatever. The potato veggibot will be grown to be a throwable grenade or tear gas device while we won't mention what the cucumber veggibot will do.

All veggibots will be disposable as they will be completely edible.
MWWSI 2017

ballinaman

People will talk about the cold hard winter of 09/10.......

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Quote from: ross4life on February 22, 2010, 03:22:52 PM
we'll have those jackets that can dry themselves with the touch of a button, flying cars surely, hover boards also, giant tv's the size of the wall with 1million channels, ( i guess some already has the last one)

It's only 5 years til Back to the future (I) in 2015 so they'd better get a move on with them jackets and hover boards....
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Kerry Mike

....Kerry will either be at or close to 50 All Ireland senior football titles  :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

no mo do yakamo

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 23, 2010, 08:10:39 PM
....Kerry will either be at or close to 50 All Ireland senior football titles  :P
This is indeed true. This however will be a meaningless statistic because  for reasons still unknown tyrone will still be team of the decade though the science of mathematics will still have failed to come up with a reason for this.
It wasn't even kennedy in the car.