What would you do?

Started by pintsofguinness, November 22, 2008, 02:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

theres a good chance pints their all a load of scumbags so i'd let them at it, i might of course ring the cops if it looked really bad but in reality that would be a waste of time.

pintsofguinness

That's not true, there's just as much chance that it's an innocent person.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

whiskeysteve

Its for situations like this that I would advocate legislation giving us the right to bear arms for self defence against the darker elements of our society
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

milltown row

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2008, 02:16:17 PM
Just reading a thread over on football365 - some lad seen a mugging and just kept on walking.
I've always wondered about this, you see incidents on the news when a gang set upon someone in an area with plenty of people and no one seems to step in, if there's CCTV footage you'll see people standing around watching someone get their head kicked in. 

My question, you're walking home, you see someone getting the head bate of them, what would you do?

I like to think I'd step in.  

but what if POG they were wearing a poppy? 

pintsofguinness

I'd still step in if they were draped in a Union Jack.

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

pintsofguinness

milltown row

situations have changed dramatically over the years. having witnessed loads of incidents (growing up on the Falls rd will do that) I've seen my fair share of things where people should step in. me?  self preservation has a overriding factor. obviously when your family or friends are put in a position you wont be found wanting. but as brave as it sounds to come in and rescue someone from a beating, it may back fire.

have you ever been in a position were you thought, thats it i'm a gonner?

pintsofguinness

Quotehave you ever been in a position were you thought, thats it i'm a gonner?
Yes, why?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on November 22, 2008, 10:54:09 PM
situations have changed dramatically over the years. having witnessed loads of incidents (growing up on the Falls rd will do that) I've seen my fair share of things where people should step in. me?  self preservation has a overriding factor. obviously when your family or friends are put in a position you wont be found wanting. but as brave as it sounds to come in and rescue someone from a beating, it may back fire.

have you ever been in a position were you thought, thats it i'm a gonner?

Youse say you wouldn't get involved but I'd say witnessing someone getting a shoeing would spur you into action. I'd want someone to bale me out if I was getting it tight. How could you live with yourself if you got up the next day to hear someone had been killed or left brain damaged when you had a chance to intervene.

milltown row

when you have a kids a wife to support and your not much good in a box Tony. thats just my thoughts on that. obviously if your put in a situation your first reaction may be different.

i've found myself in the past put in a position of "thats it, not going to get out of this one"  but by pure chance or divine intervention managing to get home safely. Belfast city center 20 years ago was dodgy enough. many a time cars pulling up on ya and people arriving from nowhere at a party wanting to know where were ya from and i could go on.

pintsofguinness

Quotewhen you have a kids a wife to support and your not much good in a box Tony. thats just my thoughts on that. obviously if your put in a situation your first reaction may be different.
Now you're just making excuses, I wouldnt be confident of my boxing skills either but if someone is in trouble I would think my first reaction would be to help them

pintsofguinness

I would have thought it was a hoax.

Carmen Stateside

True i would have thought it a hoax myself but surely someone that was watching could have contacted the authorities about it?