26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

five points

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2020, 02:15:59 PM
Quote from: five points on January 15, 2020, 01:46:33 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2020, 11:29:13 AM
Must also be remembered, Varadkar facilitated Johnson's re-election. He allowed him a lifeline when he was "dead in a ditch" by agreeing to a new deal. This has been lost on many people but it should be noted. Varadkar is pretty much a Tory.

The idea that Varadkar won Johnson a landslide 80-seats majority is funny.

You clearly can't read.
I can. The idea that Johnson, with a groundswell of support behind him across the country, ever needed a 'lifeline' is funny too.

five points

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2020, 02:14:59 PM

"their own little ideology" - this is scientific fact. If you don't accept science that's your prerogative but in my opinion it's not a very tenable position. I for one do not want to leave my kids in a world that is irretrievably damaged which is what will happen if we don't act now. Ignorance is no defense. The facts are out there.

Most predictions of global environmental catastrophe never come to pass. The next actual catastrophe will probably be an Ice Age. Hopefully it won't happen until we're all long gone.

Rossfan

"Fivepoints" seems to be the new Syferus with his nonsense.
What Country had Johnson a groundswell of support in?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

five points

Quote from: Rossfan on January 15, 2020, 02:29:25 PM

I've been here almost as long as you sunshine.

England, and Wales. 2 countries.  8)

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

Five points there is no point debating with most of the posters here...they are all globalists of the Labour London brand. Their poster boy in the upcoming election is Amadan O Riordain, naturally the last person I want to see win a seat.

On the Green Party....they do have genuine environmental issues....alas most of the global issues stem from shoddy practices in the likes of China and Asian countries where they have the sweat shops and pollute freely to produce goods for Western consumers.
However if you scratch under the surface of the Greens you find too many anomalies.
The Greens have pushed successfully with their bed fellows, An Taisce, to  get the peat powered stations closed in the midlands.  These stations were a lifeline to rural midlands communities providing solid jobs. The 12-15% of power these stations supplied to the national grid is lost....and what is it being replaced by? power from France, and that power is nuclear produced.  So the Greens want Peat stations closed and they will take the replacement from elsewhere and like real NIMBY's as long as the nuclear is not Irish, they will accept it.

The second big flaw in the Green case is attached to population and demographics. Obviously if you have a world population booming to record levels, especially rising to unprecedented levels in third world countries, then the extra bodies need more resources to be produced to fuel them and there is then extra demands on the environment. Now much of the population growth indirectly can be blamed on the advance in science, because medical advancement now translates to child/infant mortality rates reduced significantly and hence populations figures mushrooming.  Many of these poorer countries cannot sustain the level of population growth....in a cold way, one could reason the populations need to be capped......what is the Greens answer to this taxing issue?...not a dickie  bird about the record demographics, instead we have the Greens in the EU advancing their Globalist theory, that wealthy European countries should help out these poorer African/Asian nations and take in the excess, and with birth rates within European countries of the natives very low, the big game in town with the Greens is the great replacement.

seafoid

Quote from: five points on January 15, 2020, 02:20:43 PM

"their own little ideology" - this is scientific fact. If you don't accept science that's your prerogative but in my opinion it's not a very tenable position. I for one do not want to leave my kids in a world that is irretrievably damaged which is what will happen if we don't act now. Ignorance is no defense. The facts are out there.

Most predictions of global environmental catastrophe never come to pass. The next actual catastrophe will probably be an Ice Age. Hopefully it won't happen until we're all long gone.

That sounds like Fianna Fail in 2007. 
Climate change is already happening
Even the Murdoch family get it.

https://www.ft.com/content/e2311db0-36f6-11ea-a6d3-9a26f8c3cba4
James Murdoch has criticised his father's news outlets for promoting false scepticism about climate change as deadly bushfires tear across Australia, the original home of Rupert Murdoch's news empire. In a pointed joint statement aiming to highlight their deep unhappiness with the coverage, James and his wife Kathryn took aim at conservative News Corp outlets in Australia for their "ongoing denial" of global warming.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

five points

Quote from: seafoid on January 15, 2020, 03:12:38 PM

That sounds like Fianna Fail in 2007. 

Fianna Fáil in 2007 pushed the climate scam for all that it was worth. That's why the Greens joined them in government. It didn't end well.

Eamonnca1

Perhaps you refer to the damage to the ozone layer that was repaired by the Montreal Protocol which phased out CFCs. Hardly an argument against concerted global action to save the environment.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on January 15, 2020, 12:42:34 AM
to save you the drama, and you can take this to paddypower and earn from it.

ff a minimum of 50
fg a maximum of 42....will be savaged in rural seats.
independents will surprise again, 25+

sf about 18/19
labour may return with 7...lose a couple and gain elsewhere
aontu 1...peadar retains.
greens a max of 10.

big name casualties....eoghan murphy(nap...one of the two fgs in DBS will lose and kate o Connell could be more transfer friendly), Regina Doherty,  and in my own heartland, Charlie Tanagan is in trouble as FG might only take 1 of the 5 and the territorial make up of Laois/Offaly does not favour him.

on the gaa front, the new chairman of Louth, Peter Fitz could prove a surprise packet and return again as an independent and confound the pundits who are dismissing him.

and in case Seafoid is asking, the above prediction is neutral because no party in Ireland represent my politics, the governing PIS party in Poland is my currency. My vote will therefore be going to a GAA man and Offaly Indo John Leahy, a man with the balls to question the new plantation of Ireland.

Is Foxxkkk back?

five points

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 15, 2020, 04:39:16 PM

Perhaps you refer to the damage to the ozone layer that was repaired by the Montreal Protocol which phased out CFCs. Hardly an argument against concerted global action to save the environment.

Millenarianism has been around a lot longer than the 1980s.

Eamonnca1

magpie seanie

There's no point arguing with climate crisis deniers and racists. 

J70

Syferus didn't come out with the type of mindless, right wing nonsense five points does.

More likely to be foxcommander. Similar style and all. Just needs the anti-black posts to cement it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on January 15, 2020, 05:05:36 PM

Syferus didn't come out with the type of mindless, right wing nonsense five points does.

More likely to be foxcommander. Similar style and all. Just needs the anti-black posts to cement it.

We'll see if he develops an obsession with me. That'll be a give-away.

LooseCannon

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on January 15, 2020, 12:42:34 AM
to save you the drama, and you can take this to paddypower and earn from it.

ff a minimum of 50
fg a maximum of 42....will be savaged in rural seats.
independents will surprise again, 25+

sf about 18/19
labour may return with 7...lose a couple and gain elsewhere
aontu 1...peadar retains.
greens a max of 10.

big name casualties....eoghan murphy(nap...one of the two fgs in DBS will lose and kate o Connell could be more transfer friendly), Regina Doherty,  and in my own heartland, Charlie Tanagan is in trouble as FG might only take 1 of the 5 and the territorial make up of Laois/Offaly does not favour him.

on the gaa front, the new chairman of Louth, Peter Fitz could prove a surprise packet and return again as an independent and confound the pundits who are dismissing him.

and in case Seafoid is asking, the above prediction is neutral because no party in Ireland represent my politics, the governing PIS party in Poland is my currency. My vote will therefore be going to a GAA man and Offaly Indo John Leahy, a man with the balls to question the new plantation of Ireland.

Leahy, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Ask any of the hurlers from the glory days what they think of him. It'd say a lot.