Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Great result for Armagh today, pity most of their supporters couldn't get to see it. 

CK_Redhand

Read it again.
"or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement of play"

CK_Redhand

OK comprehension clearly isn't one of your strong points. I think I would need to break it down word by word to get the meaning across at this stage as you don't understand the quoted rule.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 18, 2023, 10:32:35 PM
Erm...he hadn't played the ball away. That rule is for the off the ball body check.

But it says "or". I don't think you have to have played the ball away for it to be classed as goal scoring opportunity. But yes, the wording is terrible. I'd be keen to hear the GAA's view. They have to clarify. It's a clusterf**k at the minute. But for me todays was a stone wall. If the GAA somehow come out and say no due to some bs technicality, then they are hanging their own refs going forward and leaving every decision debatable.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tonto1888

Some sad people in this thread. Probably better worrying about their own team

trueblue1234

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 18, 2023, 10:39:01 PM
You can deliberately collide with people who have the ball. You might foul them in doing so but that isn't a black card offence.
But is the rule not saying that it is a black card under this rule, because it was a goal scoring opportunity.

Shows how f**led up it is that we're even having to discuss this ffs. 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tonto1888

Quote from: An Watcher on June 18, 2023, 09:52:43 PM
Just enquiring about the welfare of the galway player who got the whole head boxed off him as he was being fouled for the galway penalty
He got up without a mark on him and made no complaints. How and why you ask? Because  nothing happened

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 18, 2023, 10:16:42 PM
The Armagh free at the end was soft.

What does rhat even mean? It was either a free or it wasn't.

RedHand88

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 18, 2023, 10:45:18 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2023, 10:44:51 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 18, 2023, 10:16:42 PM
The Armagh free at the end was soft.

What does rhat even mean? It was either a free or it wasn't.

It wasn't.

I seem to remember Armagh getting a free so.....

An Watcher

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2023, 10:43:47 PM
Just enquiring about the welfare of the galway player who got the whole head boxed off him as he was being fouled for the galway penalty
He got up without a mark on him and made no complaints. How and why you ask? Because  nothing happened

That's good.  2 drives in the face and possibly and elbow so I'm relieved he's fine

Orior

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 18, 2023, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 18, 2023, 10:06:56 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2023, 04:58:31 PM
6,803 attendance 🤣🤣

How many were at the Westmeath v Tyrone match?

How many at the Derry v Clare match yesterday?

You can't deny that Armagh had great support today at C-o-S
Irrelevant. None of those 4 counties asked for their game to be moved to Croke Park to accommodate their crowd.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 18, 2023, 10:27:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 18, 2023, 10:22:22 PM
Conroy clipped murnin's heels. It was a definite free. The second or third last one they scored from wasn't a free mind you...

Just watched it frame by frame there. Not much evidence he tripped him. If anything it looked like he tripped himself.

Watched frame by frame, and the ref gets one shot at million miles an hour!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 18, 2023, 09:09:06 PM
Armagh homecoming plans tomorrow. The team will meet fans at the Carrickdale Hotel at 2pm for a drinks reception. From there they will make their way to Crossmaglen GAC pitch where thousands are expected to be in attendance to greet their heroes. The bus is expected at around 4pm.
In the evening time, the main event of the festivities will be on the Mall in Armagh at 7pm where tens of thousands are expected to gather to see the team on stage with the Finished Top of Group 2 Cup.

You will hardly ve there!
Hopefully trying to map out the shortest route from Castlederg to Cork.

tonto1888

Quote from: An Watcher on June 18, 2023, 10:51:49 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 18, 2023, 10:43:47 PM

That's good.  2 drives in the face and possibly and elbow so I'm relieved he's fine

And not even a mark on him. Or a complaint from him. Or nothing from the ref or umpires.